pray for the people in christchurch new zealand

Postby boobaloo » 27 Feb 2011, 03:02

georgia83 wrote:hope people relieve as soon as possible

:shock:
boobaloo
R'Kid

Postby paniabrown » 27 Feb 2011, 08:48

Hi maybe I can help. I live in Methven a small town about an hour out of Christchurch. I was in there yesterday cleaning Port a Loos to help out. Everything is a mess. The roads are full of holes etc and there is liquifaction everywhere, that's mud that comes up out of the ground. We felt many aftershocks. We are still recovering from last years earthquake but this is so much worse with all the deaths. Everyone seems to know someone who has died, is still missing or who has lost a house. We are safe in Methevn but it doesn't feel that way much. It is surreal, to be cleaning loos and know there are people dying so close by. I can't fathom how people get through this. The damage however is in parts of the city only, so there are some parts ok, I wouldn't say unaffected as power, sewage water etc affect everyone. Other towns are unaffected. If you need some on the ground information I can try to get you information from here, I know how it feels to be far away and not know anything. Anyway, please if you have any spare money, the RedCross Earthquake Appeal online seems to be the best way to help from afar? They are doing awesome work here,as are we all with donations, food, accomodation etc. I don't pray but I'm sure lots do so, do whatever you believe in. Right now I'm struggling to believe in myself. I have been listening to Oasis more than usual just to take my mind off the images. Would like to run away and hide but what can you do, this is our home here. Don't know why I'm writing this to people I don't know but it helps to just get stuff out right now, sorry this isn't very band related. Please don't send any abuse, I'm a bit knackered to fight back. Live forever, or what you will.
P Brown
paniabrown
Bonehead

Postby paniabrown » 27 Feb 2011, 08:55

Oh and Mokoia is in the North Island so to the person coming on holiday you will be ok there. I hope you enjoy New Zealand despite evrything it's still the most beautiful country in the world.
Peace
P Brown
paniabrown
Bonehead

Postby carryusallhere » 27 Feb 2011, 14:31

paniabrown Thanks for your post. We first went to NZ in 1992 and this year will be our 5th trip it is such a wonderful country and we wanted to live there but cannot get in due to age now and the points system. It is awful to see what is happening to your people and places as we feel we know Christchurch so well. We tell everyone here when you go to the South island you fly in and out of Christchurch. This year we can't. We fly to Auckland then Blenheim then go to kaikoura then down to Queentown via west Coast, Normally the coast roads have rockfalls so we will be scared I suppose. Listening to Oasis can help I am sure. When we arrive 13th March we will help and donate. Take care Pania the worldwide community will help as the detail is only really starting to be published now there are so many deaths. There are some Oasis haters on this site but not everyone is so keep posting if it helps.
carryusallhere
Headshrinker

Previous

Return to International