OASISINET FILM AND BOOK CLUB

Feedback on www.oasisinet.com

Postby Solitaire » 09 Feb 2013, 22:06

It's annoying when people write in puzzles, mate. Write what you mean and mean what you write, gosh darnit.

William Faulkner, F*** YOU :evil:
Solitaire
Big Mouth

Postby Guest » 09 Feb 2013, 22:34

Books are for gays.
Bigger Than The Beatles

Postby Solitaire » 09 Feb 2013, 23:37

There's nothing wrong with being gay, man. Plus, one can make silly generalizations about everyone and everything.

Ex. Individuals who are right handed smell like cupcakes.
How about them apples...
Solitaire
Big Mouth

Postby Guest » 10 Feb 2013, 06:27

Reading books is for nerdy people.
Bigger Than The Beatles

Postby Solitaire » 10 Feb 2013, 16:09

I wanted to take a moment and apologize to William Faulkner. Just in case his spirit/ghost is technologically savvy and visits this website, I'm sorry. Your mother may be a fish, sir.

That is all x
Solitaire
Big Mouth

Postby snakes » 10 Feb 2013, 23:02

i just want to say that hopscotch by julio cortázar and on heroes and tombs by ernesto sábato are the best two books i've read in a really long time and you should read them too.
snakes
Rock 'n' Roll Star

Postby Guest » 13 Feb 2013, 16:09

Bigger Than The Beatles

Postby Solitaire » 23 Feb 2013, 12:17

snakes wrote:i just want to say that hopscotch by julio cortázar and on heroes and tombs by ernesto sábato are the best two books i've read in a really long time and you should read them too.

I will read them. Oh yes, yes I will.

And, I'm not going to virtually purchase the books. :shock: With people, in a book store, I shall go.
Solitaire
Big Mouth

Postby James Lavelle » 23 Feb 2013, 18:51

Whatcha think of e-books y'all?
Just a few months back I refused them as the diabolical tool of capitalism and now I'm reading game of thrones on a kindle :|
It gives me the chance to read books I'd never ever pay for (for example celeb books) but I might buy the hard copy of a downloaded book if I reaaaaaaaaaaaalllly like it - maybe that will be the case with game of thrones - great book, I wanna see it on my shelf.

Please contribute.
*drums*
James Lavelle
Headshrinker

Postby weird fish » 23 Feb 2013, 22:06

James Lavelle wrote:Whatcha think of e-books y'all?
Just a few months back I refused them as the diabolical tool of capitalism and now I'm reading game of thrones on a kindle :|
It gives me the chance to read books I'd never ever pay for (for example celeb books) but I might buy the hard copy of a downloaded book if I reaaaaaaaaaaaalllly like it - maybe that will be the case with game of thrones - great book, I wanna see it on my shelf.

Please contribute.

I refused them and always will. I refuse to believe that one day the material book would become obsolete, it is too important to the actual story. The object itself carries too much history and meaning. If cultural objects slowly disappear, it means we have reached a sad era, boys. Frederic Beigbeder sums up my point of view on this. I shall roughly google translate:
''Books are paper tigers, teeth cardboard, tired beasts on the verge of being devoured. Why refrain from reading such an object? Fragile sheets, flammable, bound, printed electronics without batteries? You're obsolete, old book soon oh yellowed, dust nest, nightmare movers, retarder time factory silence. We must remember that the act was wonderful to browse in bookstores, strolling to the windows, to desire a book without getting it right away. A novel was deserved: as it was not available online, we demanded physical exertion. We had to leave home to go choose a place full of lonely dreamers, then queuing to buy it, force yourself to smile at strangers with the same disease, before transporting it in his hands or his pocket to his home, subway, or on the beach.''
weird fish
Bonehead

PreviousNext

Return to The Site