Alarm clocks

Feedback on www.oasisinet.com

Alarm clocks

Postby Meriadoc Brandybuck » 22 Jan 2011, 23:57

boobaloo wrote:
Wonsaponatime wrote:I once opened my window, threw my alarm clock out of it, and closed the window again. A few hours later I woke up, having slept in, and noticed the cord trailing through the window frame. :oops:

It's funny how time flies ;)

:lol: :lol:
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Big Mouth

Alarm clocks

Postby William Shakespeare » 23 Jan 2011, 11:47

Wonsaponatime, you know what else shtinks about alarm clocks? When the power goes out they (alarm clocks) go all haywire and silly. They often go off at the wrong time, or tell you it's 4:36 A.M. when really it's 10:00 P.M. at night. :evil:
William Shakespeare
Big Mouth

Alarm clocks

Postby Guest » 23 Jan 2011, 14:20

William Shakespeare wrote:Wonsaponatime, you know what else shtinks about alarm clocks? When the power goes out they (alarm clocks) go all haywire and silly. They often go off at the wrong time, or tell you it's 4:36 A.M. when really it's 10:00 P.M. at night. :evil:

That's because they get reset when the power goes out. I thought you knew this, William. I thought you knew this.
Bigger Than The Beatles

Alarm clocks

Postby Meriadoc Brandybuck » 23 Jan 2011, 14:23

I don't really have many thoughts about this electronic device that I set to go off at a certain time. I certainly don't get angry at it or anything like that because it has no thoughts of its own and is just doing what I programmed it to do.
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Big Mouth

Alarm clocks

Postby Wonsaponatime » 23 Jan 2011, 15:09

boobaloo wrote:
Wonsaponatime wrote:I once opened my window, threw my alarm clock out of it, and closed the window again. A few hours later I woke up, having slept in, and noticed the cord trailing through the window frame. :oops:

It's funny how time flies ;)

:lol:

William Shakespeare wrote:Wonsaponatime, you know what else shtinks about alarm clocks? When the power goes out they (alarm clocks) go all haywire and silly. They often go off at the wrong time, or tell you it's 4:36 A.M. when really it's 10:00 P.M. at night. :evil:

That is annoying. I hate it when the power goes and I need to set the time again on a load of devices around the flat - some things have a good memory, but not the microwave, the cooker, DVD recorder... or the alarm clock.
Wonsaponatime
Site Admin

Alarm clocks

Postby Wonsaponatime » 23 Jan 2011, 15:29

Meriadoc Brandybuck wrote:I don't really have many thoughts about this electronic device that I set to go off at a certain time. I certainly don't get angry at it or anything like that because it has no thoughts of its own and is just doing what I programmed it to do.

I know this is right, but I can't think like this the second I wake up to beeping noises. There have also been a few times when the alarm is going off and I'm having a dream that fits - like a duck quacking at me for ages.
Wonsaponatime
Site Admin

Alarm clocks

Postby boobaloo » 23 Jan 2011, 15:36

There should be a feature on alarm clocks where they don't stop going off until you get in the shower/ have your breakfast or whatever you normally do when you get up.
boobaloo
R'Kid

Alarm clocks

Postby William Shakespeare » 23 Jan 2011, 22:49

Meriadoc Brandybuck wrote:I don't really have many thoughts about this electronic device that I set to go off at a certain time. I certainly don't get angry at it or anything like that because it has no thoughts of its own and is just doing what I programmed it to do.

There's a difference between anger and complaining about something. I enjoy complaining about alarm clocks. :cry: It's a part-time hobby.
William Shakespeare
Big Mouth

Alarm clocks

Postby xgallagher » 18 Feb 2011, 02:50

stupidest thread ever (i had to post on it of course)
xgallagher
Bonehead

Alarm clocks

Postby William Shakespeare » 18 Feb 2011, 10:21

False. There have been far worse threads.
William Shakespeare
Big Mouth

PreviousNext

Return to The Site