Actually. What is your favourite typeface?

Feedback on www.oasisinet.com

I am....

...a soulless-thoughtless Helvetica fascist.
No votes
...a government agent. (Gill Sans or die.)
No votes
...American. (TRAJAN PRO!!!)
No votes
...interested in humanities. (Garamond)
No votes
...not sure, but trying to stay cool. (Courier)
No votes
...Rebekah Brooks. (Impact)
No votes
...a fanboy ("Whats the Beady Eye font pls???" )
No votes
...an indie kid. (Sketchy, scribbled, grungy)
No votes
...waiting to be executed. (Comic Sans MS)
No votes

Total votes : 0

Postby RJT » 19 May 2012, 15:56

Then we would feed them to animals that aren't vegetarians
RJT
R'Kid

Postby Guest » 19 May 2012, 16:12

Wonsaponatime wrote:
RJT wrote:
Wonsaponatime wrote::lol: Ah, I see.

What I meant by Mac fonts is are they standard fonts on a Mac? I believe Helvetica is available as standard on a Mac whereas Windows PCs get Arial (and all of the other 'do not use' fonts too).

Neue Helvetica 55 Roman cost me £50! (OpenType TrueType) :shock: I was robbed but it looks cool... but I was robbed... ah well. If I want an italic version that's another £50 and if I want it bold... you get the idea! To buy the full set on CD would cost £1,314.95!

wut

SPAM! Choose OT TTF for maximum compatibility, including MS Office 2010.

Calibri was my default font up until buying this but mainly used Courier New. I've never used Georgia. I could do with a poseurish serif typeface to go with Helvetica.

I have used both Comic Sans and MS Sans Serif as my font in windows messenger before - I don't know what it is at the minute - the default one.

a poseurish serif typeface? bembo is a classic eternal one, a favourite of americans & golfers. if by poseur you don't mean shaven snobs but the beardy checked shirt kids then of course your font is clarendon! it's da thing right now. even starbucks used it at some point. also egyptians are having a massive moment these days, particularly lubalin graph which is a geometric slab serif. if you want something more subtle i would suggest century schoolbook.
Bigger Than The Beatles

Postby James Lavelle » 19 May 2012, 16:14

RJT wrote:
Wonsaponatime wrote:
RJT wrote:
Wonsaponatime wrote:I turned font poseurish when I bought an orange iPod and started doing this site admin thing. The next step is a pair of Converse and a Fiat 500. :shock:

:lol: Well, I've done both of those things, and haven't turned font poseurish, I'm all for cool fonts and all that, but I'm perfectly happy with the fonts which microsoft give you already (for free as well of course) tbh

You're a veggie too. I'm not doing that. Ever.

Do you know what would happen if everyone was vegetarian? There would be no need to have so much farm land for live stock, we could grow crops on it instead, and there would be enough food to feed the world about 7 times over

I think there's enough food to feed the world already, but politics don't always serve the interest of feeding starving people.
*drums*
James Lavelle
Headshrinker

Postby Wonsaponatime » 19 May 2012, 16:29

Guest wrote:
Wonsaponatime wrote:
RJT wrote:
Wonsaponatime wrote::lol: Ah, I see.

What I meant by Mac fonts is are they standard fonts on a Mac? I believe Helvetica is available as standard on a Mac whereas Windows PCs get Arial (and all of the other 'do not use' fonts too).

Neue Helvetica 55 Roman cost me £50! (OpenType TrueType) :shock: I was robbed but it looks cool... but I was robbed... ah well. If I want an italic version that's another £50 and if I want it bold... you get the idea! To buy the full set on CD would cost £1,314.95!

wut

SPAM! Choose OT TTF for maximum compatibility, including MS Office 2010.

Calibri was my default font up until buying this but mainly used Courier New. I've never used Georgia. I could do with a poseurish serif typeface to go with Helvetica.

I have used both Comic Sans and MS Sans Serif as my font in windows messenger before - I don't know what it is at the minute - the default one.

a poseurish serif typeface? bembo is a classic eternal one, a favourite of americans & golfers. if by poseur you don't mean shaven snobs but the beardy checked shirt kids then of course your font is clarendon! it's da thing right now. even starbucks used it at some point. also egyptians are having a massive moment these days, particularly lubalin graph which is a geometric slab serif. if you want something more subtle i would suggest century schoolbook.

8) Thank you. I shall have a play around with text previews. From the description I'd say Clarendon fits the bill nicely! :lol:

*Orders a skinny latte to go.*
Wonsaponatime
Site Admin

Postby Guest » 19 May 2012, 16:43

clarendon and egyptians may not work well with helvetica however as they are also heavy and spacious, with similar spacing and ascender/descender distances. if you insist on using both, space out the sans serif and condense your serifs, give them different weights or make one of them italics.

if you want something to contrast helvetica and liven it up a bit, go with previously mentioned century schoolbook, baskerville, caslon, or even times new roman :D
Bigger Than The Beatles

Postby Wonsaponatime » 20 May 2012, 02:40

Thanks again, you've really been a great help. 8) I opted for Century Schoolbook Roman - it's good to have the option to combine it with Helvetica and it wasn't too expensive.

That should do me until I win the lottery and/ or buy a Mac. :shock: I don't even know what a skinny latte is...
Wonsaponatime
Site Admin

Postby Guest » 20 May 2012, 13:54

ah, for the starbucks problem:

skinny means with skimmed milk.

i'm glad i could help.

remember kids. for all your tea/coffee/typeface worries, ask the zock, inet's agony aunt of the small problems. 8)
Bigger Than The Beatles

Postby Wonsaponatime » 20 May 2012, 18:46

:d Thanks coach, these things are important. I've printed a copy to take out with me - it's in black and white but I can see where the circles are.
Wonsaponatime
Site Admin

Postby Guest » 06 Jul 2012, 10:21

i'm in a frutiger mood today.
Bigger Than The Beatles

Postby Wonsaponatime » 06 Jul 2012, 15:09

I'm hating Algerian more than Comic Sans.
Wonsaponatime
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Site