Actually. What is your favourite typeface?

Feedback on www.oasisinet.com

I am....

...a soulless-thoughtless Helvetica fascist.
No votes
...a government agent. (Gill Sans or die.)
No votes
...American. (TRAJAN PRO!!!)
No votes
...interested in humanities. (Garamond)
No votes
...not sure, but trying to stay cool. (Courier)
No votes
...Rebekah Brooks. (Impact)
No votes
...a fanboy ("Whats the Beady Eye font pls???" )
No votes
...an indie kid. (Sketchy, scribbled, grungy)
No votes
...waiting to be executed. (Comic Sans MS)
No votes

Total votes : 0

Postby Guest » 06 Jul 2012, 18:09

:lol: really? why? i hardly see it anywhere these days. it was the thing in 1993 when hungary just discovered PC with plug-and-play, ink-jet printers and people were like: "oh it's a nice font + it's just outlines so it's not using too much ink if i wanna advertise my flat to rent on lamp posts and phone booths" but i have seriously not seen it in any other contexts so it's not annoying me much.
Bigger Than The Beatles

Postby Phillip Broyles » 06 Jul 2012, 22:42

calibri
Phillip Broyles
Big Mouth

Postby Guest » 07 Jul 2012, 13:59

calibri was invented in 2006 by microsoft to replace arial in their vista os as their default sans serif. true story. it is indeed nicer than arial. :)
Bigger Than The Beatles

Postby Wonsaponatime » 07 Jul 2012, 17:51

Guest wrote::lol: really? why? i hardly see it anywhere these days. it was the thing in 1993 when hungary just discovered PC with plug-and-play, ink-jet printers and people were like: "oh it's a nice font + it's just outlines so it's not using too much ink if i wanna advertise my flat to rent on lamp posts and phone booths" but i have seriously not seen it in any other contexts so it's not annoying me much.

Hey, you knew! :shock: Personal advertisements, including lost dogs, on lamp posts and notice boards! I never thought about printer ink - I guessed it was because it began with 'A' and people couldn't be arsed searching through the other fonts.
Wonsaponatime
Site Admin

Postby MILOSOASIS » 07 Jul 2012, 18:23

1) not sure, but trying to stay cool. (Courier)
2) an indie kid. (Sketchy, scribbled, grungy)
MILOSOASIS
Bonehead

Postby Guest » 11 Jul 2012, 23:57

Wonsaponatime wrote:
Guest wrote::lol: really? why? i hardly see it anywhere these days. it was the thing in 1993 when hungary just discovered PC with plug-and-play, ink-jet printers and people were like: "oh it's a nice font + it's just outlines so it's not using too much ink if i wanna advertise my flat to rent on lamp posts and phone booths" but i have seriously not seen it in any other contexts so it's not annoying me much.

Hey, you knew! :shock: Personal advertisements, including lost dogs, on lamp posts and notice boards! I never thought about printer ink - I guessed it was because it began with 'A' and people couldn't be arsed searching through the other fonts.

it is a popular view that because algerian operates with outlines rather than full-bodied letters it is using less ink than times new roman but it is i'm afraid a myth. its lines are still thick and it's capitals only. it is using a lot of ink. perhaps slightly less than upper-case, bold times new roman of the same size but still not as efficient as, for example century gothic or something thinner (but obviously then those are less decorative and shouty and might get lost a bit on the lamp post - oh the dilemmas of backdoor marketing.)
Bigger Than The Beatles

Previous

Return to The Site