'AKA...What A Life!' - UK Single

Forum for fans of Noel Gallagher's solo work

'AKA...What A Life!' - UK Single

Postby Wonsaponatime » 05 Sep 2011, 20:18

Artemisia wrote:What is that thing in his right hand? A gun? Is he up for a killing spree or what? :?
:p


It's the book he was writing in throughout 'The Death Of You And Me' video, and it's not in his hand, it's in his back pocket.
User avatar
Wonsaponatime
Site Admin
 
Posts: 18431
Joined: 13 Aug 2008, 10:59

'AKA...What A Life!' - UK Single

Postby boobaloo » 05 Sep 2011, 21:27

I kinda really like "The Death of You and Me," "If I Had a Gun..." and "Aka...What a Life!"
:oops:
boobaloo
R'Kid
 
Posts: 6060
Joined: 06 Apr 2008, 00:00

'AKA...What A Life!' - UK Single

Postby CountryRoad » 05 Sep 2011, 21:55

boobaloo wrote:I kinda really like "The Death of You and Me," "If I Had a Gun..." and "Aka...What a Life!"
:oops:


If I Had A Gun is alright. The rest of it is pretty stale and grey, don't you think? Predictable, whiney, middle of the road garbage. I was really excited and hopeful about the new material too... :cry:
CountryRoad
R'Kid
 
Posts: 6979
Joined: 13 Aug 2008, 10:59

'AKA...What A Life!' - UK Single

Postby boobaloo » 05 Sep 2011, 22:10

CountryRoad wrote:
boobaloo wrote:I kinda really like "The Death of You and Me," "If I Had a Gun..." and "Aka...What a Life!"
:oops:


If I Had A Gun is alright. The rest of it is pretty stale and grey, don't you think? Predictable, whiney, middle of the road garbage. I was really excited and hopeful about the new material too... :cry:


It isn't anything groundbreaking but I didn't really expect that. Just solid songs
boobaloo
R'Kid
 
Posts: 6060
Joined: 06 Apr 2008, 00:00

'AKA...What A Life!' - UK Single

Postby snakes » 06 Sep 2011, 02:50

"solid" (read "generic") songs noone will listen to in a month or two, and will completely forget they even existed in approximately 6 months
snakes
Rock 'n' Roll Star
 
Posts: 4989
Joined: 27 Apr 2008, 00:00

'AKA...What A Life!' - UK Single

Postby carryusallhere » 06 Sep 2011, 12:00

i love all the songs I have heard so far. As I do not buy on line I am looking forward to the album, as for selling out in the vauxhall advert, it is promoting England in the
ootball and we all know what a massive football fan Noel is, still he will no doubt give us an answer one day
carryusallhere
Headshrinker
 
Posts: 1422
Joined: 13 Aug 2008, 10:03

'AKA...What A Life!' - UK Single

Postby James Lavelle » 06 Sep 2011, 13:26

anyway, I think that song perfectly suits the vauxhall advert
*drums*
User avatar
James Lavelle
Headshrinker
 
Posts: 1598
Joined: 04 Aug 2010, 20:02

'AKA...What A Life!' - UK Single

Postby Crashin » 06 Sep 2011, 19:26

snakes wrote:"solid" (read "generic") songs noone will listen to in a month or two, and will completely forget they even existed in approximately 6 months
Pretty much like the king of limbs now then eh?
Crashin
Bonehead
 
Posts: 133
Joined: 26 Sep 2010, 13:56

'AKA...What A Life!' - UK Single

Postby snakes » 06 Sep 2011, 23:19

Crashin wrote:
snakes wrote:"solid" (read "generic") songs noone will listen to in a month or two, and will completely forget they even existed in approximately 6 months
Pretty much like the king of limbs now then eh?

no no king of limbs is still a bloody nice time and wait till they tour it around the world!!
snakes
Rock 'n' Roll Star
 
Posts: 4989
Joined: 27 Apr 2008, 00:00

'AKA...What A Life!' - UK Single

Postby Henaz » 07 Sep 2011, 10:00

I have to say that while i like "death of u and me" and "if i had a gun", i find this "What a life" quite boring. It sounds like a Chris de Burgh song
Henaz
Bonehead
 
Posts: 295
Joined: 13 Aug 2008, 10:59

PreviousNext

Return to Noel Gallagher

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest