'AKA...What A Life!' - UK Single

Forum for fans of Noel Gallagher's solo work

Postby Mason_100 » 14 Sep 2011, 17:26

carryusallhere wrote:once again noel is up against x factor people one direction (from last year) heading for no 1 with debut single after mass exposure on the new x factor show - Noel you need to appear on the x factor if you want to sell records!!!!!!

how do you explain how the 8 artists who beat him with his 1st single got to their positions? The X-Factor wasn't even on then.

He should stop producing s**t dadrock.
Mason_100
Rock 'n' Roll Star

Postby jonny"oasis" » 14 Sep 2011, 22:00

AKA...What a life, Live in Germany this week

noelglive.blogspot.com
jonny"oasis"
Bonehead

Postby Artemisia » 14 Sep 2011, 22:02

jonny"oasis" wrote:AKA...What a life, Live in Germany this week

noelglive.blogspot.com

Um Himmels Willen ...
Artemisia
Bigger Than The Beatles

Postby winstonlegthigh1 » 16 Sep 2011, 10:58

"6 years ago he slagged off Jack White for doing a coke advert... the man's one of the biggest hypocrits in rock. As much as I like the song and am looking forward to the new album, the above statement is just fact"

i don't agree with you at all. The reason he slagged off Jack White in that instance was by saying that Jack was feted as the standard bearer for the "alternative" way of life/music, the same isn't really applicable to Noel because he has never made any bones about wanting more more more, of wanting to be the biggest, the richest, it's totally totally different.
winstonlegthigh1
Bonehead

Postby blackbob » 24 Sep 2011, 22:31

boobaloo wrote:I kinda really like "The Death of You and Me," "If I Had a Gun..." and "Aka...What a Life!"
:oops:

Me too. The man's a genius. It's so humbling being involved with Noel, on this site. What a musician. What a lyricist. I don't know how to spell that, but I know how to spell Legend
blackbob
Bonehead

Postby carryusallhere » 28 Sep 2011, 12:55

heard Noel sing an acoustic version of AKA what a life and it is beautiful
carryusallhere
Headshrinker

Postby h0rse » 28 Sep 2011, 23:32

carryusallhere wrote:once again noel is up against x factor people one direction (from last year) heading for no 1 with debut single after mass exposure on the new x factor show - Noel you need to appear on the x factor if you want to sell records!!!!!!

He's doing everything he can. Getting on adverts which involve the England football team, turning up on Sky Sports to talk a few little pieces of nonsense about Man City, having fake lawsuits with his brother....give the man a break.
h0rse
R'Kid

Postby blackbob » 01 Oct 2011, 13:51

carryusallhere wrote:heard Noel sing an acoustic version of AKA what a life and it is beautiful

I agree, it's just gorgeous - puts you in a peaceful and loving place & makes everybody in your presence seem special.
blackbob
Bonehead

Postby carryusallhere » 01 Oct 2011, 17:18

cant wait for the album and still hoping more tickets may be released. At least I saw him at the RAH for the Teenage Cancer Trust in 2010
carryusallhere
Headshrinker

Postby Henaz » 20 Oct 2011, 12:38

Henaz wrote:I have to say that while i like "death of u and me" and "if i had a gun", i find this "What a life" quite boring. It sounds like a Chris de Burgh song

Well I don't know what I was on, but I totally take back this comment. I'm loving this song more and more.

I love ALL the tracks on the record. Even the b-sides and extra tracks.
Henaz
Bonehead

PreviousNext

Return to Noel Gallagher