Oasis should do a 'Beatles'

Discuss the music of Oasis

Postby Airborne Plumber » 15 Dec 2008, 23:17

John Martin Marr wrote:Yeap, one of them should die of cancer and another one get shot after they split up :d

:arrow:
Airborne Plumber
Bigger Than The Beatles

Postby Flagga » 15 Dec 2008, 23:35

John Martin Marr wrote:Yeap, one of them should die of cancer and another one get shot after they split up :d

That ain't amusing :arrow:
Flagga
Rock 'n' Roll Star

Postby j billings » 15 Dec 2008, 23:36

you need help:shock:
j billings
Bonehead

Postby Guest » 15 Dec 2008, 23:38

gtf :arrow: sicko
Bigger Than The Beatles

Postby eviltimeban » 02 Jan 2009, 13:31

I was just thinking that that's what they should do - quit the touring and concentrate on albums. Problem is, Oasis are now becoming more of a live attraction than an albums-selling band. The Beatles had to quit touring cos live playing had nothing to do with their new music (Revolver era: strings, effects, backwards guitars etc), whereas Oasis is all about the live music, they are now probably a bigger worldwide concert draw than they were in their heyday. They can sell out places like Mexico, America... if they quit touring they'd lose a lot of their drive I think, as they all seem to like touring. Unlike the Beatles, who hated touring (as distinct from playing live).

I won't bother to see Oasis this tour, I can't bear Liam's live singing, but I do really like his studio singing. It still sounds good, even though it has been processed a lot. Its very double tracked. I'd like to hear a good honest "naked" Liam vocal, even over an acoustic guitar, to see how it holds up.

If I had the choice between live Oasis / album every 3 years or non-live Oasis / album every year, I'd pick the latter.
eviltimeban
Bonehead

Postby snakes » 02 Jan 2009, 14:19

:shock: OMFG m8 u nead halp
snakes
Rock 'n' Roll Star

Postby joshhobbs » 02 Jan 2009, 14:40

eviltimeban wrote:I was just thinking that that's what they should do - quit the touring and concentrate on albums. Problem is, Oasis are now becoming more of a live attraction than an albums-selling band. The Beatles had to quit touring cos live playing had nothing to do with their new music (Revolver era: strings, effects, backwards guitars etc), whereas Oasis is all about the live music, they are now probably a bigger worldwide concert draw than they were in their heyday. They can sell out places like Mexico, America... if they quit touring they'd lose a lot of their drive I think, as they all seem to like touring. Unlike the Beatles, who hated touring (as distinct from playing live).

I won't bother to see Oasis this tour, I can't bear Liam's live singing, but I do really like his studio singing. It still sounds good, even though it has been processed a lot. Its very double tracked. I'd like to hear a good honest "naked" Liam vocal, even over an acoustic guitar, to see how it holds up.

If I had the choice between live Oasis / album every 3 years or non-live Oasis / album every year, I'd pick the latter.

Search I'm Outta Time acoustic on youtube. There's one he did for a radio show i think. It's not brilliant, but it doesn't sound as bad as when he is screaming on stage.
joshhobbs
Bonehead

Postby Dr. Boogie » 02 Jan 2009, 15:58

Ya, I have heard that acoustic performance by Liam. Awesome. And I am telling you, Liam has his voice back the majority of time on this tour. As for Marr's comment, wow, these people that slag Oasis on this site put forth such valid reasons for it. If they did, maybe I could respect them. But they come on and say Oasis sucks and then they should die? Lol! And this guy is on this site at least 4 hours a day and he thinks the band should die? My friend, your life must be very sad indeed. It is almost like you are dead already.
Dr. Boogie
Big Mouth

Postby donogh » 02 Jan 2009, 16:05

you never miss the water till the well runs dry!!
donogh
Big Mouth

Postby th05 » 02 Jan 2009, 16:19

j billings wrote:

you need help:shock:

Agreed.
th05
R'Kid

PreviousNext

Return to The Music