http://www.nme.com/news/oasis/41660

Noel Gallagher: Next Oasis album 'already demoed'
Pic: Dean Chalkley
Oasis guitarist says the follow up to 'Dig Out Your Soul' is well underway

Dec 16, 2008
6 Comments
Oasis news, reviews, video and tour dates
Add Oasis to MyNME
Noel Gallagher says he has already written and demoed the next Oasis album.

Speaking to Detroit News, Gallagher revealed that preparation for the follow-up to the 2008's 'Dig Out Your Soul' is well under way.

He confirmed: "It's already done. It's already written. It's already demoed."

However, Gallagher said he was unsure when the album would come out, hinting that he would release a solo album ahead of new Oasis material.

"I'm gonna take a bit of time off after this [the 'Dig Out Your Soul' tour]. I think I might do something for myself, maybe," he said.

The guitarist also let slip how much he wants to hear Guns N' Roses' 'Chinese Democracy', despite the negative reviews the album has garnered.

"I've not heard it. I've read the reviews, and judging from the reviews I know I'm gonna f**king love it," Gallagher said.

"I love preposterous records, and anything that took 17 years [to make] is obviously f**king ludicrous. I'm dying to hear it. I already know I'm going to like it."
bergkamp2004
Rock 'n' Roll Star

8th Album on Its WAY!!!!!

Postby MaxKL » 16 Dec 2008, 17:14

bergkamp2004 wrote:http://www.nme.com/news/oasis/41660

Noel Gallagher: Next Oasis album 'already demoed'
Pic: Dean Chalkley
Oasis guitarist says the follow up to 'Dig Out Your Soul' is well underway

Dec 16, 2008
6 Comments
Oasis news, reviews, video and tour dates
Add Oasis to MyNME
Noel Gallagher says he has already written and demoed the next Oasis album.

Speaking to Detroit News, Gallagher revealed that preparation for the follow-up to the 2008's 'Dig Out Your Soul' is well under way.

He confirmed: "It's already done. It's already written. It's already demoed."

However, Gallagher said he was unsure when the album would come out, hinting that he would release a solo album ahead of new Oasis material.

"I'm gonna take a bit of time off after this [the 'Dig Out Your Soul' tour]. I think I might do something for myself, maybe," he said.

The guitarist also let slip how much he wants to hear Guns N' Roses' 'Chinese Democracy', despite the negative reviews the album has garnered.

"I've not heard it. I've read the reviews, and judging from the reviews I know I'm gonna f**king love it," Gallagher said.

"I love preposterous records, and anything that took 17 years [to make] is obviously f**king ludicrous. I'm dying to hear it. I already know I'm going to like it."

And yet he hates Be Here Now?!

But anyway, this is good news. Whether it's Noel's solo album or the new Oasis one let's just get some material out before 2011!
MaxKL
Bonehead

Postby bergkamp2004 » 16 Dec 2008, 17:49

hopefully they lauch it in june 09

new single can have 2 weeks airplay and sales then BANG new album out in time for wembley gigs
bergkamp2004
Rock 'n' Roll Star

Postby bergkamp2004 » 16 Dec 2008, 17:49

hopefully they lauch it in june 09

new single can have 2 weeks airplay and sales then BANG new album out in time for wembley gigs
bergkamp2004
Rock 'n' Roll Star

Postby JUST COOL » 16 Dec 2008, 17:53

Hopefully this will be an honest Oasis sounding album, not Oasis doing a parody of 60s psychedelia or anything like that. :(
JUST COOL
Bigger Than The Beatles

Postby smugoasisfan » 16 Dec 2008, 17:55

John Martin Marr wrote:Hopefully this will be an honest Oasis sounding album, not Oasis doing a parody of 60s psychedelia or anything like that. :(
I'M SURE IT'LL BE "THE BEST ALBUM SINCE MG"
smugoasisfan
Bigger Than The Beatles

Postby JUST COOL » 16 Dec 2008, 17:59

smugoasisfan wrote:
John Martin Marr wrote:Hopefully this will be an honest Oasis sounding album, not Oasis doing a parody of 60s psychedelia or anything like that. :(

It will probably be complete manure and people will say "well m8 wat u expec anuvva morning glory or dafenelty maybe??? aint gun happen :lol: " or some crap.
JUST COOL
Bigger Than The Beatles

Postby adrian-gallagher » 16 Dec 2008, 18:01

smugoasisfan wrote:
come on , record machine is pretty good and sounds like come on it's allright is too!
adrian-gallagher
Bigger Than The Beatles

Postby NorthernStar2008 » 16 Dec 2008, 18:06

They won't do solo projects till after the 8th album. If it's already demoed and written, why not work on it? It should be out late 2010, two years after DOYS. They take 3 year breaks between albums now, so if they release one after two years, it gives them an extra year to do whatever they like after the tour has ended.
NorthernStar2008
Bonehead

Postby Wonderwall#1 » 16 Dec 2008, 18:42

No waaaay will it be out this net summer. next summer, the songs from this album will still be "new". 2010 at the earliest. Also, the album should be released around May/June, so its tracks can become summer anthems, as what happened with Don't Believe The Truth.
Wonderwall#1
Big Mouth

Next

Return to The Music