another masterplan???

Discuss the music of Oasis

another masterplan???

Postby donogh » 03 Jan 2009, 00:34

Brian_mc wrote:Am I the only person who things The Boy With the Blues and Pass Me Down The Wine are really poor?


pass me down the wine is a little suspect but i do really like boy with the blues!
donogh
Big Mouth
 
Posts: 581
Joined: 13 Aug 2008, 10:59

another masterplan???

Postby Lennon2217 » 03 Jan 2009, 17:29

I forgot to include "My Generation" and "Sittin' Here In Silence (On My Own)" to the original b-side list from 2000-2005. It's too bad Oasis has yet to offer us any real b-sides this go around. They keep bragging they had over 60 songs for the DBTT sessions and another 10+ they abandoned during the DOYS sessions. Seems to me a lot of original material is floating around the Oasis camp, many of which will never see the light of day unless put out as b-sides. I bet Liam alone has 30 songs to get out.

It would be fantastic if Noel quickly did studio versions of the 10 tracks he has for this "concept" album of his during off time on the Oasis world tour. Then release it this summer to collide wit the massive UK dates. Give Oasis something else to push commercially this summer rather than another single from an album 9 months old come June.

I think that is the only way we hear this concept album idea anytime soon.
Lennon2217
Bonehead
 
Posts: 33
Joined: 13 Aug 2008, 10:59

another masterplan???

Postby themuslimtimes » 03 Jan 2009, 18:41

Lennon2217 wrote:If Oasis were to ever release another "Masterplan" style B-side compilation, I personally feel it should cover only the years 2000 to present. Songs from 94-98 have a totally different feel to them than tracks composed after 2000. I don't think they would all fit well. It is a shame because I could never understand why "Round Are Way", "Sad Song" and "Cum On Feel The Noize" didn't make the party so to speak. I can maybe understand the Slade cover, you don't want too many cover songs and people to pay out but not including "Round Are Way" is an absolute crime. They played that track at every gig in 1996. Top tune.

Anyway, they would need to make the second B-side album out of the following tracks recorded in the 2000-2008 era.

1. Let's All Make Believe
2. (As Long As They've Got) Cigarettes In Hell
3. One Way Road
4. Helter Skelter
5. Carry Us All
6. Full On
7. Just Getting Older
8. Idler's Dream
9. Shout It Out Loud
10. Thank You For The Good Times
11. You've Got The Heart Of A Star
12. I Can See It Now
13. Eyeball Tickler
14. Won't Let You Down
15. Pass Me Down The Wine
16. The Quiet Ones

All 16 tracks fit on an 80 minute CD as well.

great song choices would love to see that
themuslimtimes
Bonehead
 
Posts: 195
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 21:16

another masterplan???

Postby Airborne Plumber » 03 Jan 2009, 19:57

Brian_mc wrote:Am I the only person who things The Boy With the Blues and Pass Me Down The Wine are really poor?


No ;-)
User avatar
Airborne Plumber
Bigger Than The Beatles
 
Posts: 11526
Joined: 11 Jun 2008, 00:00
Location: Portugal

another masterplan???

Postby alicoe08 » 04 Jan 2009, 13:03

Lennon2217 wrote:If Oasis were to ever release another "Masterplan" style B-side compilation, I personally feel it should cover only the years 2000 to present. Songs from 94-98 have a totally different feel to them than tracks composed after 2000. I don't think they would all fit well. It is a shame because I could never understand why "Round Are Way", "Sad Song" and "Cum On Feel The Noize" didn't make the party so to speak. I can maybe understand the Slade cover, you don't want too many cover songs and people to pay out but not including "Round Are Way" is an absolute crime. They played that track at every gig in 1996. Top tune.

Anyway, they would need to make the second B-side album out of the following tracks recorded in the 2000-2008 era.

1. Let's All Make Believe
2. (As Long As They've Got) Cigarettes In Hell
3. One Way Road
4. Helter Skelter
5. Carry Us All
6. Full On
7. Just Getting Older
8. Idler's Dream
9. Shout It Out Loud
10. Thank You For The Good Times
11. You've Got The Heart Of A Star
12. I Can See It Now
13. Eyeball Tickler
14. Won't Let You Down
15. Pass Me Down The Wine
16. The Quiet Ones

All 16 tracks fit on an 80 minute CD as well.


i wud remove one song for flashbax, not sure which though, but gr8 list
alicoe08
Bonehead
 
Posts: 203
Joined: 21 Oct 2008, 17:39

another masterplan???

Postby Lennon2217 » 04 Jan 2009, 13:32

Flashbax is a great b-side but it falls into the 1994-1998 era of the band. I'm not sure the style of production would fit with the second era of the band's b-sides. I mainly stuck with anything produced after the Be Here Now era. Songs like Round Are Way, Sad Song, Cum On Feel The Noize and Flashbax probably should have made the original "Masterplan" cut. As of now they will live on in our itunes playlists. Nothing wrong with that.
Lennon2217
Bonehead
 
Posts: 33
Joined: 13 Aug 2008, 10:59

another masterplan???

Postby alicoe08 » 04 Jan 2009, 13:36

Lennon2217 wrote:Flashbax is a great b-side but it falls into the 1994-1998 era of the band. I'm not sure the style of production would fit with the second era of the band's b-sides. I mainly stuck with anything produced after the Be Here Now era. Songs like Round Are Way, Sad Song, Cum On Feel The Noize and Flashbax probably should have made the original "Masterplan" cut. As of now they will live on in our itunes playlists. Nothing wrong with that.


thats my bad, i thought flashbax was post 98:lol:
alicoe08
Bonehead
 
Posts: 203
Joined: 21 Oct 2008, 17:39

another masterplan???

Postby john_0x14 » 04 Jan 2009, 19:44

alicoe08 wrote:someone came up wiv the idea of havin another masteplan album, a collection of b-sides from 97-08. i reckon it wud b a gr8 album

lets all make believe
full on
flashbax
idlers dream
the fame
carry us all
eyeball tickler
pass down the wine
stepout (shud of been on tha first masterplan)

it wud b a good album


i would fuckin love another bside album. and something to include the older forgotten ones like strange thing and round are way, cloudburst etc.

shout it out loud is one of my favourite tunes. theres so many top bsides. revolution song/solve my mystery is another
john_0x14
Bonehead
 
Posts: 276
Joined: 16 Oct 2008, 21:16

another masterplan???

Postby john_0x14 » 04 Jan 2009, 19:45

not forgettin the beauty that is sad song and take me away
john_0x14
Bonehead
 
Posts: 276
Joined: 16 Oct 2008, 21:16

another masterplan???

Postby alicoe08 » 04 Jan 2009, 19:47

john_0x14 wrote:not forgettin the beauty that is sad song and take me away


sad song is one of my favourite songs ever, good choice, if we were to include pre 98 b-sides i'd also love to c stepout in the to
alicoe08
Bonehead
 
Posts: 203
Joined: 21 Oct 2008, 17:39

PreviousNext

Return to The Music

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron