Postby Flagga » 04 Jan 2009, 20:58

1. Turn Up The Sun
2. Lord Don't Slow Me Down
3. Lyla
4. Eyeball Tickler
5. The Importance Of Being Idle
6. Pass Me Down The Wine
7. Guess God Thinks I'm Abel
8. Who Put The Weight Of The World On My Shoulders?
9. A Bell Will Ring
10. The Meaning Of Soul
11. Let There Be Love

Now that's a better album
Flagga
Rock 'n' Roll Star

Looking Back at DBTT

Postby brightmeister » 04 Jan 2009, 21:04

i like ur thinkin lennon, but i wouldnt have BWTB on DBTT, it doesnt fit. its a very different song to what oasis usually do, brilliant, but different, probably why it wasnt on DOYS coz it simply doesnt fit. imo, DBTT should have gone:

turn up the sun
pass me down the wine
lyla
love like a bomb
the importance of being idle
eyeball tickler
wont let you down
lord dont slow me down
keep the dream alive
a bell will ring
let there be love
can y'see it now?
brightmeister
Headshrinker

Looking Back at DBTT

Postby dave791 » 04 Jan 2009, 22:07

The only thing I'd change about DBTT is inserting Eyeball Tickler in the place of Keep the Dream Alive. It would provide a) a brief bit of energy to the second half of the album, and b) a better tune. I like the album a lot, but that's hopw it now is on my ipod and I think it's perfect that way.

Songs will come when and how they come. I understand your frustartion, but the Boy With The Blues being 'wasted' on a bonus disc doesn'tchange the fact it's a good song. Besdies, they've been throwing away tunes their whole career, it's nice to see they can still do it.

I think Noel will use STC for his proposed solo work. I'm interested in Record Machine with Liam on vocals. On DOYS, I feel more the way you do about DBTT. Strong first half, not so strong second half. I think Record Machine would have fit in quite well, probably for the Nature of Reality. Again though, and more oddly, I wouldn't change a lot else. Maybe have BWTB on, but it's tough with the sequencing. Whilst I don't think the second half is as strong, it has it's moments and there's an undeniable flow to it all.
dave791
Bonehead

Looking Back at DBTT

Postby dave791 » 04 Jan 2009, 22:08

The only thing I'd change about DBTT is inserting Eyeball Tickler in the place of Keep the Dream Alive. It would provide a) a brief bit of energy to the second half of the album, and b) a better tune. I like the album a lot, but that's hopw it now is on my ipod and I think it's perfect that way.

Songs will come when and how they come. I understand your frustartion, but the Boy With The Blues being 'wasted' on a bonus disc doesn'tchange the fact it's a good song. Besdies, they've been throwing away tunes their whole career, it's nice to see they can still do it.

I think Noel will use STC for his proposed solo work. I'm interested in Record Machine with Liam on vocals. On DOYS, I feel more the way you do about DBTT. Strong first half, not so strong second half. I think Record Machine would have fit in quite well, probably for the Nature of Reality. Again though, and more oddly, I wouldn't change a lot else. Maybe have BWTB on, but it's tough with the sequencing. Whilst I don't think the second half is as strong, it has it's moments and there's an undeniable flow to it all.
dave791
Bonehead

Looking Back at DBTT

Postby dave791 » 04 Jan 2009, 22:08

dave791
Bonehead

Looking Back at DBTT

Postby OgGeS » 04 Jan 2009, 22:16

Totally agree with ya there Dave, been saying to my cousin for ages I can't feckin' wait to hear what Record Machine sounds like with Liam on vox. Also, I have to say Part Of The Queue and especially Mucky Fingers aren't getting enough recognition here (since they're the main tracks people are choosing to drop) - they might not be the most Oasis sounding tunes but they're still class.
OgGeS
Bonehead

Looking Back at DBTT

Postby rawkstarr101 » 04 Jan 2009, 22:17

dave791 wrote:The only thing I'd change about DBTT is inserting Eyeball Tickler in the place of Keep the Dream Alive. It would provide a) a brief bit of energy to the second half of the album, and b) a better tune. I like the album a lot, but that's hopw it now is on my ipod and I think it's perfect that way.

Aw man, even though the second half is a bit slow I think Keep the Dream Alive is a fantastic song. I would hate to not have that on there. It's just a great epic Oasis song. They're pretty damn good at those.
rawkstarr101
Headshrinker

Looking Back at DBTT

Postby Lennon2217 » 04 Jan 2009, 22:26

I LOVE Mucky Fingers. Would never want that removed. As said previously, I prefer Lord Don't Slow Me Down to Part Of The Queue.
Lennon2217
Bonehead

Looking Back at DBTT

Postby dave791 » 04 Jan 2009, 22:35

OgGeS wrote:Totally agree with ya there Dave, been saying to my cousin for ages I can't feckin' wait to hear what Record Machine sounds like with Liam on vox. Also, I have to say Part Of The Queue and especially Mucky Fingers aren't getting enough recognition here (since they're the main tracks people are choosing to drop) - they might not be the most Oasis sounding tunes but they're still class.

A problem for many people, but something I quite like. With DOYS especially, I think people who don't like it just can't handle the fact a lot of it isn't typical Oasis, in my opinion anyway.

Anf air play rawkstarr101, it's just never done it for me, the joys of ipods and switching things round. I've also dropped Let's All Make Believe into Giants. It either takes the place of I Can See a Liar or Sunday Morning Call, depending how I feel!
dave791
Bonehead

Looking Back at DBTT

Postby dave791 » 04 Jan 2009, 22:35

OgGeS wrote:Totally agree with ya there Dave, been saying to my cousin for ages I can't feckin' wait to hear what Record Machine sounds like with Liam on vox. Also, I have to say Part Of The Queue and especially Mucky Fingers aren't getting enough recognition here (since they're the main tracks people are choosing to drop) - they might not be the most Oasis sounding tunes but they're still class.

A problem for many people, but something I quite like. With DOYS especially, I think people who don't like it just can't handle the fact a lot of it isn't typical Oasis, in my opinion anyway.

And fair play rawkstarr101, it's just never done it for me, the joys of ipods and switching things round. I've also dropped Let's All Make Believe into Giants. It either takes the place of I Can See a Liar or Sunday Morning Call, depending how I feel!
dave791
Bonehead

PreviousNext

Return to The Music