could WTSMG have been better?

Discuss the music of Oasis

Postby OgGeS » 04 Jan 2009, 16:35

Because your question doesn't ask for one. Why don't you make an attempt at using proper punctuation like everyone else has?
OgGeS
Bonehead

Postby rawkstarr101 » 04 Jan 2009, 17:11

disconnected1976 wrote:Any album could have been better by replacing this or that song, the thing is : they didn't and it's been universally acclaimed as a great record as it is, so it's just perfect. It is a masterpiece ! The Masterplan or Acquiesce are bonus tracks, they just had so many great songs they could allow having some of them released as b sides, it doesn't take anything from the actual album. There's not a single second I would skip on WTSMG.

Well said. The fact is, Oasis has lots of rockin B sides but their albums are great too so you can go in circles for hours about which songs to replace. Oh and if The Masterplan had been on WTSMG we wouldn't have The Masterplan album :lol:
rawkstarr101
Headshrinker

Postby Chief_Dread » 04 Jan 2009, 17:17

Here Is No Why wrote:Hey Now! is a great tune with great lyrics. I find it hard to believe so many people dislike it... but generally, i think most do what Noel/Liam do. They've never played it or ever give it mention, so the fans follow suit.

Noel: "That song's a massive step forward for us. Some people aren't going to like it because they're just going to want more songs like Cigarettes & Alcohol or Supersonic, but the band have changed a lot and there's a different vibe."

"I love it! The reason that we have never played it live, because my band, f**king s**t band they are, could never get the gaps... you know where the music comes back in... you know where there's the extra long one before the last verse, well f**king hell we tried for months to get that part right, they just couldn't get it. So in the end I got the hump and said f**k it!!"
Chief_Dread
Big Mouth

Postby th05 » 04 Jan 2009, 18:15

No question, if it included those three tracks you would seriously struggle to find a better album ever.
th05
R'Kid

Postby supernovareign » 04 Jan 2009, 18:57

It should've included Acquiesce somewhere instead of the two untitleds
supernovareign
Headshrinker

Postby brightmeister » 04 Jan 2009, 19:40

acquiesce should have been there over hey now (yeah it starts off well but that "feel no shame" thing just drones) and round aere way thrown in instead of the second swamp song excerpt. the first swamp song excerpt should have had the full version of the swamp song on it. i would say the masterplan should have gone on but i cant see it fitting anywhere
brightmeister
Headshrinker

Postby Itsgoodtobefree76 » 04 Jan 2009, 20:23

Chief_Dread wrote:
Here Is No Why wrote:Hey Now! is a great tune with great lyrics. I find it hard to believe so many people dislike it... but generally, i think most do what Noel/Liam do. They've never played it or ever give it mention, so the fans follow suit.

Noel: "That song's a massive step forward for us. Some people aren't going to like it because they're just going to want more songs like Cigarettes & Alcohol or Supersonic, but the band have changed a lot and there's a different vibe."

"I love it! The reason that we have never played it live, because my band, f**king s**t band they are, could never get the gaps... you know where the music comes back in... you know where there's the extra long one before the last verse, well f**king hell we tried for months to get that part right, they just couldn't get it. So in the end I got the hump and said f**k it!!"

I bet they could do it with Gem and Andy now
Itsgoodtobefree76
Big Mouth

Postby Here Is No Why » 04 Jan 2009, 20:33

Chief_Dread wrote:

you know that, i do believe you but anyone can really do what you do, put words into quotes and say it was noel. you should always put a link up to what you're talking about or something.
Here Is No Why
The Chief

Postby jonlevi » 04 Jan 2009, 21:11

Yep I agree - Hey Now fits the Album perfectly.

Ok, Acquiesce/The Masterplan etc are gems not to be equalled - but, as Alf Ramsey said, "Your greatest Team isn't necessarily your best 11 players......"
Can't improve on genius 8)
jonlevi
Bigger Than The Beatles

Postby disconnected1976 » 04 Jan 2009, 22:53

Excellent quote ! It sums WTSMG up perfectly. There's Hey Now and those two Swamp Song bits, none of them is the best stuff they've ever made, but they allow the strongest songs to really shine. That's what great albums are made of : ups and downs.
disconnected1976
Headshrinker

PreviousNext

Return to The Music