could WTSMG have been better?

Discuss the music of Oasis

Postby Airborne Plumber » 05 Jan 2009, 23:02

noel_gallagher2 wrote:I dunno... it flows as it is.... i reckon it's perfect... even with the Swamp Song excerpts...

And Step Out was supposed to go on there, but that wouldnt have fitted in my opinion...

Of course it wouldn't, WTSMG is way to good to include covers.
Airborne Plumber
Bigger Than The Beatles

Postby Josh Homme » 05 Jan 2009, 23:11

The studio version of 'wonderwall' sucks and should've captured the feeling of the live version, and 'hey now' could've been replaced with a better b-side.
Josh Homme
Rock 'n' Roll Star

Postby geandog » 05 Jan 2009, 23:49

Airborne Plumber wrote:
noel_gallagher2 wrote:I dunno... it flows as it is.... i reckon it's perfect... even with the Swamp Song excerpts...

And Step Out was supposed to go on there, but that wouldnt have fitted in my opinion...

HELLO! HELLO!
geandog
Bonehead

Postby Guest » 05 Jan 2009, 23:51

geandog wrote:
Airborne Plumber wrote:

HELLO! HELLO!

I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello.
Bigger Than The Beatles

Postby Chief_Dread » 07 Jan 2009, 10:46

Josh Homme wrote:The studio version of 'wonderwall' sucks and should've captured the feeling of the live version, and 'hey now' could've been replaced with a better b-side.

Are you talking about Noel or Liam singing WW? If Noel, then I take your point, if Liam, then I dont think he ever bettered his studio performance of it live.
Chief_Dread
Big Mouth

Postby Chief_Dread » 07 Jan 2009, 10:48

Here Is No Why wrote:
Chief_Dread wrote:
Here Is No Why wrote:Hey Now! is a great tune with great lyrics. I find it hard to believe so many people dislike it... but generally, i think most do what Noel/Liam do. They've never played it or ever give it mention, so the fans follow suit.

Noel: "That song's a massive step forward for us. Some people aren't going to like it because they're just going to want more songs like Cigarettes & Alcohol or Supersonic, but the band have changed a lot and there's a different vibe."

"I love it! The reason that we have never played it live, because my band, f**king s**t band they are, could never get the gaps... you know where the music comes back in... you know where there's the extra long one before the last verse, well f**king hell we tried for months to get that part right, they just couldn't get it. So in the end I got the hump and said f**k it!!"

you know that, i do believe you but anyone can really do what you do, put words into quotes and say it was noel. you should always put a link up to what you're talking about or something.

Not every single quote I use is from an online source. The first one was from NME, September '95 and the second one was from an interview Noel did with a fanzine, in summer '97.

I'm not going to make up quotes by him, though, and if someone doesn't believe that it was by him, fair enough! I don't really care!
Chief_Dread
Big Mouth

Postby eviltimeban » 07 Jan 2009, 11:32

Noel: "I really prefer Be Here Now to any of our other albums now. Its great. The guitar playing is amazing. I wasn't on coke at all during those sessions, I don't know what you're talking about." - NME, September 2006.

Noel: "Our next album is going to be a full on electronic album". - BBC News, January 2008.
eviltimeban
Bonehead

Postby jenks » 07 Jan 2009, 14:39

people are soo stupid...

I think oasis were right to keep it as it is..it was perfect!!

Why? Because if you listen to the album it has its own sound..
it sounds like 1995 almost the whole thing..the only song I would of possibly used would of been rockin chair(which was gonna go on MG for hey now.)
jenks
Bonehead

Postby soulshine » 08 Jan 2009, 09:22

alicoe08 wrote:i read lots of people sayin that certain b-sides should of been on albums, eg lets all make believe instead of little james on SOTSOG. but mayb sum of the b-sides from the WTSMG singles shud of been put on.

I reckon that WTSMG wud av been one of the best albums of all time (i know its good but not greatest album condendin really) if hey now and the 2 untitled songs were replaced by 3 b-sides, say the masterplan, acquiece, and talk tonight. Then that wud av turned a masterpiece of an album to one of the best albums of all time i reckon.
Nope.
It's perfect. No story here morning goory.
soulshine
Headshrinker

Postby ultraoptimizam » 08 Jan 2009, 10:05

ofcourse, with masterplan and rockin' chair
ultraoptimizam
Rock 'n' Roll Star

PreviousNext

Return to The Music