Let's face it, if Oasis released ANYTHING people would compl

Discuss the music of Oasis

Postby eviltimeban » 06 Jan 2009, 14:34

Esp the people here. I guess its true, you can't please everyone. I mean, they could literally release another DM and people would go "oh I don't like it, its no good, its not a step forward". Or they could release an album of futuristic disco funk and you can guess what the reaction would be. Or release an album of retro guitar rock with vague psychedelic undertones (which they did) and people would slate it.

So what does everyone want them to do? Let's design the new Oasis album! Everyone who isn't happy post what you want from them. Acoustic songs? Dance beats? Less Andy and Gem? More Liam? Less Noel?

I for one take them for what they are, a traditional guitar band. When I want futuristic disco funk I'll find it elsewhere.
eviltimeban
Bonehead

Postby Guest » 06 Jan 2009, 14:40

That is why they should quit.
Bigger Than The Beatles

Postby jonlevi » 06 Jan 2009, 14:44

eviltimeban wrote:Esp the people here. I guess its true, you can't please everyone. I mean, they could literally release another DM and people would go "oh I don't like it, its no good, its not a step forward". Or they could release an album of futuristic disco funk and you can guess what the reaction would be. Or release an album of retro guitar rock with vague psychedelic undertones (which they did) and people would slate it.

So what does everyone want them to do? Let's design the new Oasis album! Everyone who isn't happy post what you want from them. Acoustic songs? Dance beats? Less Andy and Gem? More Liam? Less Noel?

I for one take them for what they are, a traditional guitar band. When I want futuristic disco funk I'll find it elsewhere.

I want a Heaven & Hell type in-between album. B-Sides, A-Sides & should've been A-Sides etc (That werent on Masterplan or Stop The Clocks).

eg. On Heaven - Let's All Make Believe, Idler's Dream etc etc
On Hell - The Shock Of The Lightening, Full On etc etc

That's what I want 8)
jonlevi
Bigger Than The Beatles

Postby jonlevi » 06 Jan 2009, 14:44

eviltimeban wrote:Esp the people here. I guess its true, you can't please everyone. I mean, they could literally release another DM and people would go "oh I don't like it, its no good, its not a step forward". Or they could release an album of futuristic disco funk and you can guess what the reaction would be. Or release an album of retro guitar rock with vague psychedelic undertones (which they did) and people would slate it.

I want a Heaven & Hell type in-between album. B-Sides, A-Sides & should've been A-Sides etc (That werent on Masterplan or Stop The Clocks).

eg. On Heaven - Let's All Make Believe, Idler's Dream etc etc
On Hell - The Shock Of The Lightening, Full On etc etc

That's what I want 8)
jonlevi
Bigger Than The Beatles

Postby batesy89 » 06 Jan 2009, 14:44

most people just want noel to go solo sooner rather than later
and leave that gobshite to go and work in tesco or summat
he still tries to protend he's a hard c**t when he's just a c**t
batesy89
Bonehead

Postby day_tripper » 06 Jan 2009, 14:45

A solo acoustic album from Noel would be loverly, with some new creative material. I'd buy it in a second. Anything else is just bothersome.
day_tripper
Rock 'n' Roll Star

Postby jonlevi » 06 Jan 2009, 14:47

day_tripper wrote:A solo acoustic album from Noel would be loverly, with some new creative material. I'd buy it in a second. Anything else is just bothersome.

An oasis album of just Noel-penned tunes would be better
jonlevi
Bigger Than The Beatles

Postby day_tripper » 06 Jan 2009, 14:48

jonlevi wrote:
day_tripper wrote:A solo acoustic album from Noel would be loverly, with some new creative material. I'd buy it in a second. Anything else is just bothersome.

If they are new Noel-penned tunes, sure. We've heard all the old stuff. Don't need to be repetitive :mrgreen:
day_tripper
Rock 'n' Roll Star

Postby jonlevi » 06 Jan 2009, 14:49

day_tripper wrote:
jonlevi wrote:

If they are new Noel-penned tunes, sure. We've heard all the old stuff. Don't need to be repetitive :mrgreen:

Yep I agree.

Was that a snipe at me posting it 3 times too:?: :lol:
jonlevi
Bigger Than The Beatles

Postby day_tripper » 06 Jan 2009, 14:51

jonlevi wrote:
day_tripper wrote:
jonlevi wrote:

Yep I agree.

Was that a snipe at me posting it 3 times too:?: :lol:

:lol: No not at all. I was purely on about the music.

I deleted the other messages that were accidentally posted, it happens sometimes.
day_tripper
Rock 'n' Roll Star

Next

Return to The Music