Let's face it, if Oasis released ANYTHING people would compl

Discuss the music of Oasis

Postby supernovareign » 06 Jan 2009, 16:16

Yeah. except DOYS really is a step back.
supernovareign
Headshrinker

Postby 12oasis34 » 06 Jan 2009, 16:18

eviltimeban wrote:Esp the people here. I guess its true, you can't please everyone. I mean, they could literally release another DM and people would go "oh I don't like it, its no good, its not a step forward". Or they could release an album of futuristic disco funk and you can guess what the reaction would be. Or release an album of retro guitar rock with vague psychedelic undertones (which they did) and people would slate it.

So what does everyone want them to do? Let's design the new Oasis album! Everyone who isn't happy post what you want from them. Acoustic songs? Dance beats? Less Andy and Gem? More Liam? Less Noel?

I for one take them for what they are, a traditional guitar band. When I want futuristic disco funk I'll find it elsewhere.

Totally agree.
12oasis34
Big Mouth

Postby Flagga » 06 Jan 2009, 19:56

I think Noel should get his head down and just write great songs. Stop worrying about the "feel" or vibe of an album, just make up a collection of his best songs, who cares if they don't all run in the same thread? Also, limit Liam, Andy and Gem to one song each, make it a 12 track album then we'll have 9 Noel songs! Or, they should release a double-album, it's about time they did with those '66' songs left over from DBTT
Flagga
Rock 'n' Roll Star

Postby Dr. Boogie » 06 Jan 2009, 20:03

DOYS is a step forward as far as I am concerned. As to letting Andy and Gem have only one song per album, Whoever writes the best songs should have them put on the album. If Liam all of a sudden writes 10 top tunes, use all of those. TBWTL and NOR are as good or better than all of the songs on DOYS with the exception of the first three singles. TBWTL should be the fourth single. Also, Oasis should not quit, idiots who do not like them anymore should stay off this site.
Dr. Boogie
Big Mouth

Postby jonlevi » 06 Jan 2009, 20:25

Dr. Boogie wrote: DOYS is a step forward as far as I am concerned. As to letting Andy and Gem have only one song per album, Whoever writes the best songs should have them put on the album. If Liam all of a sudden writes 10 top tunes, use all of those. TBWTL and NOR are as good or better than all of the songs on DOYS with the exception of the first three singles. TBWTL should be the fourth single. Also, Oasis should not quit, idiots who do not like them anymore should stay off this site.

I'm probably just too stoned, but - 3 singles? And what's NOR? :?
jonlevi
Bigger Than The Beatles

Postby smugoasisfan » 06 Jan 2009, 20:33

NOR IS THE WORST "SONG" EVER
smugoasisfan
Bigger Than The Beatles

Postby Dr. Boogie » 07 Jan 2009, 01:31

Nature of Reality has a great guitar riff.
Dr. Boogie
Big Mouth

Postby Flagga » 07 Jan 2009, 02:00

Nature Of Reality is a s**t OASIS song, but its still a good tune
Flagga
Rock 'n' Roll Star

Postby JUST COOL » 07 Jan 2009, 02:46

Flagga wrote:Nature Of Reality is a s**t OASIS song, but its still a good tune

Ha, you actually are a mental
JUST COOL
Bigger Than The Beatles

Postby holden c. » 07 Jan 2009, 04:51

your right though, everyone would complain about something no matter how good it may be. At the same time that's what makes it fun... It would be pretty boring message board if we all agreed on everything.

If noel goes solo I'm for it, just as long as all the riffs on the album are original, thats all I ask for. no more of this blatant stealing that he's been doing on the last couple of albums.
holden c.
Bonehead

PreviousNext

Return to The Music