AGAINST NOEL GOING SOLO

Discuss the music of Oasis

AGAINST NOEL GOING SOLO

Postby dre_lennon » 07 Jan 2009, 00:16

Noel Gallagher in my eyes is one of the best songwriters of rock n roll. He's got an amazing voice and knows how to handle himself. I'm not slagging Noel in any way. Noel is amazing, 100%. But Liam is the voice of Oasis. When you think of Oasis, Liam's voice comes to your mind. I do not think Noel going solo is a great idea. It would definently be the end of Oasis, i don't see them going back if Noel creates a solo album. Anyone who wants Oasis to split up is not a fan. I don't give a f.uck if you've been to 100 gigs and have followed them since definently maybe. Why would you want them to split up? What are some oppions on Noel going solo? Does anyone agree with me?
dre_lennon
Bonehead

AGAINST NOEL GOING SOLO

Postby Airborne Plumber » 07 Jan 2009, 00:21

I think he should go solo, 'cos his stunning acoustic capacities are being overshadowed by the obligation of having to release albums with the "Oasis' sound", leading to so-so releases like DOYS.
Airborne Plumber
Bigger Than The Beatles

AGAINST NOEL GOING SOLO

Postby dre_lennon » 07 Jan 2009, 00:26

I agree that his abilities are being held back. example "I wanna live in a dream in my record machine" and "setting sun" should defiently be on an album. But why can't he include his great pieces of work on an Oasis album? Why doesn't Oasis create a duel disc album? They have the material.
dre_lennon
Bonehead

AGAINST NOEL GOING SOLO

Postby joshhobbs » 07 Jan 2009, 00:29

Although i think a Noel solo album would be an awesome album and would easily overshadow all of the last 3 albums I hope that he waits at least until after the next Oasis album befiore he doesm it. I still believe there is more to come from Oasis and if Liam isn't too stubborn enough to get some vocal coaching (he will be it won't happen) then he could sort himself out and we'll have another amazing sounding album and tour.

I'm certainly not ready for the end of Oasis yet.
joshhobbs
Bonehead

AGAINST NOEL GOING SOLO

Postby Airborne Plumber » 07 Jan 2009, 00:33

dre_lennon wrote:I agree that his abilities are being held back. example "I wanna live in a dream in my record machine" and "setting sun" should defiently be on an album. But why can't he include his great pieces of work on an Oasis album? Why doesn't Oasis create a duel disc album? They have the material.

Fair enough. Guess they won't, though... :roll: So, it would be fantastic a whole album full of Noel's acoustic numbers.

And believe me: in the end, it would gather new fans to Oasis.
Airborne Plumber
Bigger Than The Beatles

AGAINST NOEL GOING SOLO

Postby Dr. Boogie » 07 Jan 2009, 01:17

Noel should definitely not go solo. Save his masterpieces for the best band in the world!
Dr. Boogie
Big Mouth

AGAINST NOEL GOING SOLO

Postby definitely_maybe » 07 Jan 2009, 01:23

dre_lennon wrote:Noel Gallagher in my eyes is one of the best songwriters of rock n roll. He's got an amazing voice and knows how to handle himself. I'm not slagging Noel in any way. Noel is amazing, 100%. But Liam is the voice of Oasis. When you think of Oasis, Liam's voice comes to your mind. I do not think Noel going solo is a great idea. It would definently be the end of Oasis, i don't see them going back if Noel creates a solo album. Anyone who wants Oasis to split up is not a fan. I don't give a f.uck if you've been to 100 gigs and have followed them since definently maybe. Why would you want them to split up? What are some oppions on Noel going solo? Does anyone agree with me?

100% agree with every word of that mate!
definitely_maybe
Big Mouth

AGAINST NOEL GOING SOLO

Postby BerwickStreet » 07 Jan 2009, 01:50

If Noel does a solo album, that doesn't necessarily mean the end of Oasis. Why couldn't he put out some solo work and then head back in the studio with the rest of the boys? Look at the Black Crowes. Chris did solo work and is still with the Crowes. I'm all for Noel doing solo work.

*Kirsten
BerwickStreet
Bonehead

AGAINST NOEL GOING SOLO

Postby Flagga » 07 Jan 2009, 02:12

I would love Noel to do a solo album, just to hear what it would sound like. I definitely wouldn't want him to persue a solo career a la Richard Ashcroft but he could definitely take a year out to record an album and do a few small acoustic gigs to support it.
Flagga
Rock 'n' Roll Star

AGAINST NOEL GOING SOLO

Postby smugoasisfan » 07 Jan 2009, 05:46

HE NEEDS TO DUMP THE DEAD WEIGHT (OASIS)
smugoasisfan
Bigger Than The Beatles

Next

Return to The Music