huge oasis fan, but im just wondering....

Discuss the music of Oasis

huge oasis fan, but im just wondering....

Postby Chief_Dread » 09 Jan 2009, 11:54

Dr. Boogie wrote: You are an idiot. Liam's voice is still better than anyone else's out there.


Unfortunately its not.
Chief_Dread
Big Mouth
 
Posts: 990
Joined: 08 Nov 2008, 09:45

huge oasis fan, but im just wondering....

Postby Definitely Dunny » 09 Jan 2009, 21:24

shut up u girl!

oasis are amazing live, anyway its easy to sit here n criticise but why dont u actually try going to a gig liam's voice sounds so much different live and in a good way. if you think oasis are that bad live why do they always sell out within hours of selling tickets?

in between the last tour n this tour it was like 2 and a half years wait and i remember moaning for them to come back

imagine if they did what you said and quit the touring for years the "real" fans would go crazy.

oasis are still untouchable when it comes to playing live
Definitely Dunny
Bonehead
 
Posts: 442
Joined: 13 Aug 2008, 11:59

huge oasis fan, but im just wondering....

Postby dre_lennon » 09 Jan 2009, 22:42

Keep touring.. They love doin it.. only times you see them bored outta their faces is because of the crowd. All the gigs ive seen the band has loved it. most recently (Dec. 15, 08) Liam said thanks to the crowd, said we were great, said happy christmas. If he enjoys the crowd he is spot on. and yes, they played "im outta time" that night, liam was spot on. check out the I'm outta time acoustic on youtube for you twats who think his voice is gone
dre_lennon
Bonehead
 
Posts: 133
Joined: 13 Aug 2008, 11:59

huge oasis fan, but im just wondering....

Postby cigarsinhell » 10 Jan 2009, 00:05

gallagers sing and play 24/7 4ever get bionic tonsils wotever never enuff oaziz want more more more
cigarsinhell
Headshrinker
 
Posts: 1199
Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 03:29

huge oasis fan, but im just wondering....

Postby paamcaat » 10 Jan 2009, 08:58

caboose wrote:
paamcaat wrote:
ben_egoinsurgo wrote:...well...

Ok. I dont want Oasis to stop writing music. I love the band, the new album, the sound and would like to hear more...however...

i just keep seeing videos and live performances of them and they dont look arsed anymore.I wouldnt like to think that touring was a money reason but it doesnt look great when they are on stage...

dont get me wrong, singing champagne supernova for 10+yrs would bore anyone...so why play it?? play something you havnt played for years and that the fans love!! there are plenty of examples!

Plus...and its a huge point....liams voice is pretty screwed live. I love 'im outta time' but f**k me...wouldnt wanna hear that live ever again. He sings it terribly.

So, the discussion is...

Should Oasis make this the last tour and just focus on making quality albums that sound great, with quality vocals, maybe abit experimental in places?? The Beatles did it and some of their best work was done in those years!! Or would the band miss the money too much??

I would prefer them to leave it after this tour??

Thoughts??

(P.S i aint slagging off the band)



are you sure?

Oasis should do what Oasis has been doing and that's making great music and satisfying their fans by touring.


oh good lord. get a life. can't handle a little criticism of your idols???? Jesus the kid's just stating his opinion. What? no one here is entitled to an opinion? this is a f*cking despotic enterprise?!? YOU MUST FIND NO WRONG IN OASIS AND BE WILLING TO SUCK LIAM'S COCK ON A MOMENTS NOTICE TO BE ON THIS SITE.

If people are bringing up how shitty they sound live (and a new topic exactly like this one pops up every other day from fans and the supposed 'haters') then they aren't satisfying their fans are they... granted there are the fanatical tube jockey, idiots around here who would scream about how oasis is the best band in the world and anyone who doesn't think so can f*ck off no matter how bad the band got. but there are many fans (that's right they're still fans) who are noticing oasis is slowly ringing the bottom of the proverbial toilet bowl in terms of their live performance.


You are kidding right? As much tripe as you spew on the site, if I was looking to drill someone it'd definitely be you, however I have no ambition to lower myself. As you can see my response was to the original poster whom I'd have no problem debating with since he does present something other than out & out slamming, but you? no chance.:twisted:
paamcaat
Headshrinker
 
Posts: 1536
Joined: 13 Aug 2008, 11:59

huge oasis fan, but im just wondering....

Postby soulshine » 10 Jan 2009, 09:02

paamcaat wrote:
caboose wrote:
paamcaat wrote:
ben_egoinsurgo wrote:...well...

Ok. I dont want Oasis to stop writing music. I love the band, the new album, the sound and would like to hear more...however...

i just keep seeing videos and live performances of them and they dont look arsed anymore.I wouldnt like to think that touring was a money reason but it doesnt look great when they are on stage...

dont get me wrong, singing champagne supernova for 10+yrs would bore anyone...so why play it?? play something you havnt played for years and that the fans love!! there are plenty of examples!

Plus...and its a huge point....liams voice is pretty screwed live. I love 'im outta time' but f**k me...wouldnt wanna hear that live ever again. He sings it terribly.

So, the discussion is...

Should Oasis make this the last tour and just focus on making quality albums that sound great, with quality vocals, maybe abit experimental in places?? The Beatles did it and some of their best work was done in those years!! Or would the band miss the money too much??

I would prefer them to leave it after this tour??

Thoughts??

(P.S i aint slagging off the band)



are you sure?

Oasis should do what Oasis has been doing and that's making great music and satisfying their fans by touring.


oh good lord. get a life. can't handle a little criticism of your idols???? Jesus the kid's just stating his opinion. What? no one here is entitled to an opinion? this is a f*cking despotic enterprise?!? YOU MUST FIND NO WRONG IN OASIS AND BE WILLING TO SUCK LIAM'S COCK ON A MOMENTS NOTICE TO BE ON THIS SITE.

If people are bringing up how shitty they sound live (and a new topic exactly like this one pops up every other day from fans and the supposed 'haters') then they aren't satisfying their fans are they... granted there are the fanatical tube jockey, idiots around here who would scream about how oasis is the best band in the world and anyone who doesn't think so can f*ck off no matter how bad the band got. but there are many fans (that's right they're still fans) who are noticing oasis is slowly ringing the bottom of the proverbial toilet bowl in terms of their live performance.


You are kidding right? As much tripe as you spew on the site, if I was looking to drill someone it'd definitely be you, however I have no ambition to lower myself. As you can see my response was to the original poster whom I'd have no problem debating with since he does present something other than out & out slamming, but you? no chance.:twisted:
WAY TO OWN THIS IDIOT PAAAAM:mrgreen:
soulshine
Headshrinker
 
Posts: 1455
Joined: 28 Aug 2008, 10:09

huge oasis fan, but im just wondering....

Postby Airborne Plumber » 10 Jan 2009, 12:06

donogh wrote:Once Oasis have played to over 650,000 people this summer it would be a brilliant time to disappear into the studio for a few years and spend that entire time perfecting a few albums and release them in quick succession like the time Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory came out. Like was sayed before, keep touring to a minimumto give time for popularity to build up again.


100% agreed, here.
User avatar
Airborne Plumber
Bigger Than The Beatles
 
Posts: 11526
Joined: 11 Jun 2008, 01:00
Location: Portugal

huge oasis fan, but im just wondering....

Postby holden c. » 11 Jan 2009, 04:00

His voice sounds fine to me... but I usually have a few too many to care about every little detail.

but I have an answer for all you who are always crying about his voice live..... dont go then.

simple as that!

I know I would have a MISERABLE time if all I could hear/notice was that his voice isn't perfect. complain, complain, complain... boring fkers!
holden c.
Bonehead
 
Posts: 194
Joined: 13 Aug 2008, 11:59

huge oasis fan, but im just wondering....

Postby Chief_Dread » 11 Jan 2009, 10:22

holden c. wrote:His voice sounds fine to me... but I usually have a few too many to care about every little detail.

but I have an answer for all you who are always crying about his voice live..... dont go then.

simple as that!

I know I would have a MISERABLE time if all I could hear/notice was that his voice isn't perfect. complain, complain, complain... boring fkers!




Dont agree with your argument at all. Sometimes Liams voice is good live, other times it is s**t - they dont offer reduced prices or refunds when its s**t, so its hit & miss as to whether you are going to get a good or bad performance from him. When you buy the ticket, you have no idea!!

The solution is for Noel to sing the nights Liam is unable to.
Chief_Dread
Big Mouth
 
Posts: 990
Joined: 08 Nov 2008, 09:45

huge oasis fan, but im just wondering....

Postby holden c. » 11 Jan 2009, 21:40

Chief_Dread wrote:
holden c. wrote:His voice sounds fine to me... but I usually have a few too many to care about every little detail.

but I have an answer for all you who are always crying about his voice live..... dont go then.

simple as that!

I know I would have a MISERABLE time if all I could hear/notice was that his voice isn't perfect. complain, complain, complain... boring fkers!




Dont agree with your argument at all. Sometimes Liams voice is good live, other times it is s**t - they dont offer reduced prices or refunds when its s**t, so its hit & miss as to whether you are going to get a good or bad performance from him. When you buy the ticket, you have no idea!!

The solution is for Noel to sing the nights Liam is unable to.


I live in San Francisco and we usually get the "kickoff" show in the States so maybe thats why I dont notice his voice much. I would think that they try to step up their performance a bit for the first show in a new country.

but even if Liams voice was noticeably different, I don't think I would care all that much. I would still have a good time either way cause I don't take small things like a concert too seriously.

about reduced prices, don't cry about it.... being that you're on this site you realize the risk you take when buying the ticket, so ask yourself, is it worth it to me to take this risk? Take the good with the bad.

Noel would put me to sleep if he sang every song. It wouldn't even be Oasis.... just a glamorized Noel solo career.
holden c.
Bonehead
 
Posts: 194
Joined: 13 Aug 2008, 11:59

PreviousNext

Return to The Music

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron