Albums' covers (rating)

Discuss the music of Oasis

Albums' covers (rating)

Postby mad4itdaz » 20 Aug 2008, 22:53

Hey people,dunno wtf use r gan on aboot but av jst heard both ' the shock of the lightning and falling down' from dig out your soul... amazing!!!!!
mad4itdaz
Bonehead

Albums' covers (rating)

Postby Inspired Carpet » 20 Aug 2008, 23:00

G-Star wrote:
Inspired Carpet wrote:
brightmeister wrote:
Inspired Carpet wrote:
brightmeister wrote:
Inspired Carpet wrote:
brightmeister wrote:DOYS = 9

I dont get DOYS - whats the meaning of it?

i dont think there's meant to be a meaning. and tbh, no oasis album cover has ever had a meaning. i think a lot of DOYS refers to the tracks on the album (like the come in come out bit on the bottom left in reference to TSOTL)

Theres always a meaning in artwork.

Whats HC's then? Coz to me, it just looks like a pic of the band but a bit blurred (and i do art for GCSE:p )

Oasis are back, with a new, solid line-up. Theres also significance in where the band members are positioned and what they are doing.

not so solid to have a member they can categorically call 'their drummer' :wink:

Because he left later?
Inspired Carpet
Rock 'n' Roll Star

Albums' covers (rating)

Postby BoneheadsWig » 20 Aug 2008, 23:04

1. DM 2. MG 3. DOYS (No idea what it means but it's very pleasing on the eye) 4.The Masterplan 5. BHN 6. STC 7= SOTSOG, HC, DBTT, F2M
BoneheadsWig
Big Mouth

Albums' covers (rating)

Postby G-Star » 20 Aug 2008, 23:07

Inspired Carpet wrote:
G-Star wrote:
Inspired Carpet wrote:
brightmeister wrote:
Inspired Carpet wrote:
brightmeister wrote:
Inspired Carpet wrote:
brightmeister wrote:DOYS = 9

I dont get DOYS - whats the meaning of it?

i dont think there's meant to be a meaning. and tbh, no oasis album cover has ever had a meaning. i think a lot of DOYS refers to the tracks on the album (like the come in come out bit on the bottom left in reference to TSOTL)

Theres always a meaning in artwork.

Whats HC's then? Coz to me, it just looks like a pic of the band but a bit blurred (and i do art for GCSE:p )

Oasis are back, with a new, solid line-up. Theres also significance in where the band members are positioned and what they are doing.

not so solid to have a member they can categorically call 'their drummer' :wink:

Because he left later?

the whole drummer situation is very bizarre... has been since whitey left really.. zak was never 'officially' a member, now he's gone straight after they finish DOYS without even going out on the road... what next? use the drum machine on the synthisizer from the 'father ted' episode 'a song for europe' !!!!!!!! :lol:
G-Star
Headshrinker

Albums' covers (rating)

Postby Inspired Carpet » 20 Aug 2008, 23:10

G-Star wrote:the whole drummer situation is very bizarre... has been since whitey left really.. zak was never 'officially' a member, now he's gone straight after they finish DOYS without even going out on the road... what next? use the drum machine on the synthisizer from the 'father ted' episode 'a song for europe' !!!!!!!! :lol:

Clearly they cant find anyone they think fits in with them well enough to be the full-time drummer.
Inspired Carpet
Rock 'n' Roll Star

Albums' covers (rating)

Postby G-Star » 20 Aug 2008, 23:11

Inspired Carpet wrote:
G-Star wrote:the whole drummer situation is very bizarre... has been since whitey left really.. zak was never 'officially' a member, now he's gone straight after they finish DOYS without even going out on the road... what next? use the drum machine on the synthisizer from the 'father ted' episode 'a song for europe' !!!!!!!! :lol:

Clearly they cant find anyone they think fits in with them well enough to be the full-time drummer.

you reckon??!! :roll:
G-Star
Headshrinker

Albums' covers (rating)

Postby BoneheadsWig » 20 Aug 2008, 23:13

Inspired Carpet wrote:

Didn't they ask Zak to join full time but he wanted to continue drumming for The Who as well?
BoneheadsWig
Big Mouth

Albums' covers (rating)

Postby Inspired Carpet » 20 Aug 2008, 23:22

BoneheadsWig wrote:
Inspired Carpet wrote:

Didn't they ask Zak to join full time but he wanted to continue drumming for The Who as well?

Yeah, so he didnt fit in well enough to be full-time i.e. he didnt want to!
Inspired Carpet
Rock 'n' Roll Star

Albums' covers (rating)

Postby BoneheadsWig » 20 Aug 2008, 23:55

Inspired Carpet wrote:
BoneheadsWig wrote:
Inspired Carpet wrote:

Yeah, so he didnt fit in well enough to be full-time i.e. he didnt want to!

I can't understand that at all - I mean playing with 2 geriatric has beens in a nostalgia act or being a full member of the best rock band around, you'd think that would be a no-brainer :?
BoneheadsWig
Big Mouth

Albums' covers (rating)

Postby Glitch » 21 Aug 2008, 00:59

Whats HC's then? Coz to me, it just looks like a pic of the band but a bit blurred (and i do art for GCSE

When I looked at the Heathen Chemistry cover I saw this:

They're standing in an underground, urban-based train station by a train track and a tunnel in the distance that is blurred, on an artwork that is tattered in such a way that it resembles a ticket.
Glitch
Bonehead

PreviousNext

Return to The Music