Be Here Now

Discuss the music of Oasis

Be Here Now

Postby Digsys_Diner » 23 Sep 2013, 06:31

What did you think of the album? Compared to DM and WTSMG, its the stepping point away from their "conventional" radio hit singles, and more into Noel's creativity and sheer genius. It took a couple listens, but quickly The Girl In The Dirty Shirt, Its Getting Better Man, All Around The World, I Hope, I Think, I Know, and Dont Go Away, Stand By Me to name a couple...all became my absolute favourite songs. Its upsetting that Noel thought so poorly about the album in their later years, and rarely played the songs.

Really underrated album though (and possibly just as good as DM, and WTSMG as far as rock n roll standards go) along with Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants.
Digsys_Diner
Bonehead

Be Here Now

Postby arkamel » 24 Sep 2013, 18:42

I like it and I have some very good nostalgia around it and the time it was released :d

The song writing on BHN I think is as good as the other two albums, but also something of a progression. But the problem with the album overall, I think, is that is is far too over-produced. There's just too much in it.

I posted previously that I'd loved to hear a stripped back version of it, kind of BHN Naked.
arkamel
Bonehead

Be Here Now

Postby arkamel » 24 Sep 2013, 18:58

arkamel wrote:I like it and I have some very good nostalgia around it and the time it was released :d

The song writing on BHN I think is as good as the other two albums, but also something of a progression. But the problem with the album overall, I think, is that is is far too over-produced. There's just too much in it.

I posted previously that I'd loved to hear a stripped back version of it, kind of BHN Naked.

Actually I'll take a bit of that back... looking back through the older threads there's a good discussion on BHN on about page 25... disconnected1976 hits the nail on the head about the album. He compares it to Urban Hymns, also a long album, but one that has ups and downs, that is a journey and has quiet pauses and times for reflection; whereas BHN is just full throttle for all 11 tracks. There's no downtime - it's just full on throughout.
arkamel
Bonehead

Be Here Now

Postby Digsys_Diner » 27 Sep 2013, 14:49

arkamel wrote:I posted previously that I'd loved to hear a stripped back version of it, kind of BHN Naked.

BHN Naked would be an amazing re-release if they ever get around to it in 20-30 years.

Songs like The Girl In The Dirty Shirt, All Around The World, Its Getting Better Man would sound incredible if they stripped the million guitar tracks on each song.
Digsys_Diner
Bonehead

Be Here Now

Postby richardlll » 28 Oct 2013, 16:18

Loved bhn the day it was released and still love the album today
richardlll
Big Mouth

Be Here Now

Postby Mason_100 » 29 Oct 2013, 13:08

richardlll wrote:Loved bhn the day it was released and still love the album today

yes but do youf ,cuk yourw,fi's s,hit?
Mason_100
Rock 'n' Roll Star

Be Here Now

Postby yokel » 02 Nov 2013, 22:20

I would happily watch a feature length video of Artemisia being tortured, raped and brutally murdered.

I'm not just saying that for effect either, I would genuinely enjoy that.
yokel
Headshrinker

Be Here Now

Postby Artemisia » 03 Nov 2013, 15:17

yokel wrote:I would happily watch a feature length video of Artemisia being tortured, raped and brutally murdered.

And I'd genuinely enjoy you getting banned for good. :)
Artemisia
Bigger Than The Beatles

Be Here Now

Postby Mason_100 » 03 Nov 2013, 21:54

yokel wrote:I would happily watch a feature length video of Artemisia being tortured, raped and brutally murdered.

I can only apologise for leaving you alone on this forum with them. It was like the fall of Saigon when the mentally ill sharpie and the painfully unfunny artemisia poured en masse into the general section. We got the last helicopter out, but there was only enough room on it for the elite.
Mason_100
Rock 'n' Roll Star

Re: Be Here Now

Postby Bubbabob » 16 Mar 2014, 05:57

The critics were wrong. They didn't get it. It's a great album-almost as good as the first two.
Bubbabob
Bonehead

Next

Return to The Music