'DEFINITELY MAYBE' [REMASTERED] IS OUT NOW!

Discuss the music of Oasis

'DEFINITELY MAYBE' [REMASTERED] IS OUT NOW!

Postby Wonsaponatime » 19 May 2014, 08:08

20 years on from its release 'Definitely Maybe' has been remastered. The album is available now, complete with b-sides and unreleased Oasis tracks from the 'Definitely Maybe' era.

Get your copy on CD/Vinyl, iTunes or Amazon.
Wonsaponatime
Site Admin

Re: Help

Postby liv34ever » 19 May 2014, 15:09

Hi does anyone know any other ways of downloading the rarities b sides and extras my code isn't working
Thanks
liv34ever
Bonehead

Postby Wonsaponatime » 19 May 2014, 15:58

liv34ever wrote:Hi does anyone know any other ways of downloading the rarities b sides and extras my code isn't working
Thanks

Hi. Download codes are case sensitive. Have you tried matching the exact case? Try again here and let me know if you have any problems. Thank you.
Wonsaponatime
Site Admin

Postby liv34ever » 19 May 2014, 16:42

Hello thanks for your advice but I've tried all sorts of ways of entering the code but its not working if you have another advice can you please reply
Thanks.
liv34ever
Bonehead

Re: 'DEFINITELY MAYBE' IS OUT NOW!

Postby Wonsaponatime » 19 May 2014, 19:01

Sorry you are experiencing problems. I assume you are using the code supplied on a card with the vinyl (as below)?

This needs to be entered here exactly as it appears on the card. If you ordered a standalone download from the official store then it should appear in 'my downloadable products' here (login required).

If problems persist then it might help if you let me know which device you are using and any error messages given. Thank you.
Wonsaponatime
Site Admin

Postby Wonsaponatime » 22 May 2014, 00:55

"Every day you get up in the morning, you should live your life like a f**king star." - Liam Gallagher. Watch Definitely Maybe The Documentary in full HERE!
Wonsaponatime
Site Admin

Postby Wonsaponatime » 22 May 2014, 01:03

Head over to Rolling Stone to watch a rare recording of 'Cigarettes & Alcohol' at The Lomax, Liverpool in April 1994.
Wonsaponatime
Site Admin

Here is my first track review of Oasis' album DEFINITELY MAY

Postby absentmonkrecordings » 24 May 2014, 05:52

My first track-by-track album review of Oasis debut album 'Definitely Maybe'(1994)
1. ROCK 'N ROLL STAR

Rock 'n Roll Star is really a direct jump into the introduction of the band. Noel Gallagher and Paul Arthurs wail their guitars in punk-esque fashion, when Liam Gallagher grabs the attention of the listener with his sarcastic and upbeat feel of being a Manchester city boy, while the drums and tambourine sections carry their melodies into outer space oblivion, then exploding into melancholy's
of stampeding closure's begin with Tony McCarrol's climactic finish while bassist Paul McGuigan fills those potholes of liquid-charged musical lines, cause hey, after all, it's just rock and roll!

2. SHAKERMAKER

Shakermaker is another blues-induced dance tune that balances the soft and heavy grooves of Oasis while Liam Gallagher tells a story of wanting to live out on the sea with his imaginary friends. The only real question here is can you shake along with the band?

3. LIVE FOREVER

Live Forever is a pure attention grabber that really tugs you by the throat empowering your whole day. Liam's voice captures the vibe of pure eternity, he is making his life statement for himself and Oasis, the band is going to live forever and there is no stopping them. Noel Gallagher completes the musical high of Live Forever with a definitive guitar solo that just melts your soul. This a song that has descended from the heavens upon 90's punk rock Britain.

4. UP IN THE SKY

Up In the Sky really tests the listener, questioning his motivation to fly, to feel peculiar with his/her sense of everyday life. Try flying a jet plane with this song blaring through your skull, you might just become Icarus about to lose his grip.

5. COLUMBIA

There we where, and now we are Oasis. Columbia injects a bluesy disco groove that really pulsates like vibrant water in your ears. The band begins to have new feelings about their rockstar fame, can they dig it? Or will it pull them under? Come on and join the ride.

6. SUPERSONIC

This drum-smashing introduction really compliments the melancholy riffs of Noels guitar pick scratching and Paul's rhythmic playing. That chorus is so powerful that it just wants you to meditate and dance under an Oasis waterfall, but then again, Liam just wants you to be yourself, because what would you do if you where in his shoes? In my own personal opinion, if I had a 'best song', this would be one of the bands finest tracks on the album, now you're feeling Supersonic!

7. BRING IT ON DOWN

This song comes crashing down on your ears with piercing crash hits and electric mayhem. Nonetheless, it is one of 90's British punks finest. You're the outcast, you're the under-class, but they don't care, because Oasis are living fast and they are living the high life in their own words.

8. CIGARETTES AND ALCOHOL

Cigarettes and Alcohol captures a sense of adventure and boredom in British youth, this song shows Oasis creating new roads for themselves as heavy blues rock endeavors while singer Liam really questions your reasons to find a job. A true song incapsulating a British rock revolution.

9. DIGSY'S DINNER

This is a song, in my mind, describing the daily life of Oasis - which may in fact be a penniless and joyous experience, whether you're eating dinner with them or not.

10. SLIDE AWAY

Slide Away suggests a sweet melody and ballad. This song has some of the best choruses on the whole album, and one of the most beautiful vocal deliveries from Liam ever recorded. As long as you can slide away into the arms of Oasis, the solo will please your ears, smooth your character, and make you shine, so slide away into eternity.

11. MARRIED WITH CHILDREN

In closing, Married With Children attempts to calm you down by closing the door with it's relaxing acoustic number, while getting away from your most wretched friend, quite a mix, but then again, Oasis are just being honest, if your music's s**t, they'll be up all night. A beautiful line that encompasses the ending of the song is when Liam wishes for a week of peace and alone time.

- album review by John-Paul Robertson. Musician/Producer of Absent Dream - a Recording Studio and Management Company based out of Sacramento, California.
www.absent-dream.com

-purchase Definitely Maybe: buy here

-other articles concerning Definitely Maybe: Liam Gallagher blasts Definitely Maybe 20th Anniversary Reissue, Oasis to reissue 'Definitely Maybe' with rare, unreleased tracks for 20th anniversary Read more
absentmonkrecordings
Bonehead

Postby Airborne Plumber » 27 May 2014, 18:38

^^ I guess that'll be a "5 stars" rating, eh? ;)
Airborne Plumber
Bigger Than The Beatles

Postby Steu » 01 Jun 2014, 15:01

Hello, I'm an italian Oasis fan and I've buy the lp "Definitely Maybe" and on it there is a code to download 3 cd. I've used the link that i've found in this post but when i write the code appare "Sorry, but that code is invalid. Please re-enter the code." I'm sure that the code is OK, and I've respected the case. Know someone of you the solution?
Good evening :D
Steu
Bonehead

Next

Return to The Music