'BE HERE NOW' [REMASTERED]!

Discuss the music of Oasis

Re: 'BE HERE NOW' [REMASTERED]!

Postby Force_Of_Nature » 25 May 2016, 09:54

Any news on this release? It was the most anticipated for me, love this album!
Force_Of_Nature
Bonehead

Postby Wonsaponatime » 22 Jul 2016, 18:15

BE HERE NOW, CHASING THE SUN: 1993-1997 EDITION

We are happy to announce that ‘Be Here Now’, Chasing The Sun: 1993-1997 Edition, will be released October 7th, 2016. You can pre-order the album now!

Remastered from the original tapes, the album will be released with special editions including the highly anticipated ‘Mustique Demos’- the previously unreleased album demos recorded in 1996, plus unreleased and rare tracks from the ‘Be Here Now’ era.

Also included is a new Noel Gallagher mix of ‘D’You Know What I Mean?’, which is available to stream, download and as an instant grat with album pre-orders HERE!

‘Be Here Now’ Chasing The Sun Edition formats include:
* Standard CD & digital download
* Special Edition 3 x CD & Deluxe digital download
* 12” vinyl LP with download code for the bonus content
* Super Deluxe Box Set – including LP, Special Edition 3 x CD, hardback coffee table book with new sleeve notes, exclusive vinyl plus a 12” white label sampler of the Mustique demos and Oasis merchandise

Full details of formats, track listings and bonus content can be found HERE!

D’YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN? (NG’S 2016 RETHINK)

“As the years went by I’d started to accept that the songs on ‘Be Here Now’ were in fact insanely long… too long! Someone (I can’t remember who) had the idea that we re-visit, re-edit the entire album for posterity’s sake. We got as far as the first track before we couldn’t be arsed anymore and gave up… it does sound f**king mega though!”
The track is now available to stream & download!

Wonsaponatime
Site Admin

Postby stormshadow2k » 22 Jul 2016, 20:31

Oh sweet, sweet, sweet!
I've been waiting years for this! My record player is primed and ready! After hearing the NG remix of D'You Know What I mean I would love if he could actually be assed to do the entire album for a separate release :D
stormshadow2k
Bonehead

Postby Who The Fuck Is Andy Bell » 23 Jul 2016, 15:01

Wonsaponatime wrote:

Wait what that song had a bass in it? :O I'm not quite sure what I expected, but it is less different than I thought it would be, sounds kinda bleh tbh. The drums are less prominent, and to me they were the driving force of the original song. Defo looking forward to these demos and unreleased stuff thoughhhhh :D :D :D
Who The Fuck Is Andy Bell
Bonehead

Postby Artemisia » 25 Jul 2016, 14:27

New remix of D'You Know What I Mean, or: How to murder a top tune.

Seriously, those strings are utterly cringeworthy. And let's face it, I really LOVE strings, I can't get enough of them.

This has evidently changed. :|
Artemisia
Bigger Than The Beatles

Postby Who The Fuck Is Andy Bell » 25 Jul 2016, 17:56

Yeah the strings don't really go with it, they add to the aforementioned bleh-ness :P
Who The Fuck Is Andy Bell
Bonehead

Postby Matthew Clint » 06 Aug 2016, 11:35

Anyone know why the be here now box set is £89 on amazon and hmv but £100 on the website. Any extras included if we buy from the oasis website maybe ?
Matthew Clint
Bonehead

Postby apocrypha » 07 Aug 2016, 08:00

Some songs may have been forgotten.
Where are "Heroes", "Street Fighting Man", "Sad Song", "Fade Away"... ? All the B-Sides should be on this re-issue...
apocrypha
Bonehead

Postby Wonsaponatime » 10 Aug 2016, 11:00

Today marks the 20th anniversary of the first of Oasis' era-defining Knebworth gigs!

To celebrate, 'My Big Mouth' (Live At Knebworth Park), taken from the upcoming special edition re-issue of Be Here Now, has been made available to stream and download as an instant grat!

'My Big Mouth' was originally premiered at the legendary 1996 shows, where the band played to 250,000 fans over two nights after over 2.6 million people applied for tickets for the shows... The highest ever demand for concert tickets in British history!

Have a listen to the track below. The video includes previously unseen footage of the crowds at Knebworth from the band's helicopter.

Wonsaponatime
Site Admin

Postby georgia83 » 10 Aug 2016, 20:02

... Can't believe 20 bloody yrs ago!!This makes me feel old! A milestone in music industry of all countries. Wasn't there :cry: ... yet must have been beyond insane... Time flies really. xx
georgia83
Rock 'n' Roll Star

PreviousNext

Return to The Music