same set list every night

Discuss the gigs

Postby Here Is No Why » 05 Jan 2009, 07:52

i agree with laziness.

and the fact that liam can't sing half the songs anymore.
Here Is No Why
The Chief

Postby mr cheesecake » 05 Jan 2009, 10:33

lms wrote:
mr cheesecake wrote:acdc dont change their set list....
coldplay dont either....

and?....

so it aint just oasis being 'lazy'. hundreds of bands do it, i really dont see what the problem is.
mr cheesecake
Bonehead

Postby kevinchadwick » 05 Jan 2009, 11:08

the band are clearly bored of the same set list but why change when its easy to do (they dont have to rehearse new songs as much) and they get up, play their music to a 7/10 standard and people go home satisfied with mediocrity and oasis go home with big pay cheques.

Plus Liam Gallagher cant sing half the songs so they stick with ones he can....just about!

PS. i am a die hard oasis fan, i love all the albums but i think live they are becoming worse and worse each year and are in danger of undoing all their hard work.

They need to do smaller gigs and the atmosphere of the night will carry oasis & liam through the gig and it gets rid of all the rubbish oasis fans who go for pop ballads and then they take a mate who knows 3 songs n they take there mate who knows 1 song etc etc!!!!!

Sort it!!!
kevinchadwick
Bonehead

Postby lms » 05 Jan 2009, 12:46

mr cheesecake wrote:
lms wrote:
mr cheesecake wrote:acdc dont change their set list....
coldplay dont either....

and?....

so it aint just oasis being 'lazy'. hundreds of bands do it, i really dont see what the problem is.

just because some other bands do it, doesn't mean that oasis have to do it. last year, i went to see brmc three times in a week and each set was entirely different without leaving anybody feeling short changed. the problem is that people who have gone to see oasis a lot over the last 5 years have been 'treated' to a very similar setlist. it gets boring.

also the existence of the internet makes it very easy for people to see what set list oasis are going to play when they roll into their town. i tried to avoid it on this tour but it was very difficult. the set was printed in newspapers, played live on mtv and published on the internet. knowing the setlist totally eliminates the element of surprise that makes a great rock gig. however, if oasis rehearsed ten or fifteen more songs and played around with the setlist, this element of surprise would be restored somewhat.

but unfortunately, more rehearsals means more work, and the gallagher brothers do not like work.
lms
Big Mouth

Previous

Return to The Tours