same set list every night

Discuss the gigs

Postby MorningGlory2004 » 19 Dec 2008, 18:50

Oasis are now becoming boring live, i saw coldplay last friday and it was the best gig i have ever been to and they made oasis look nobodies when it comes to a live show

oasis can call chris martin all he wants, chris martin can deliver a better show on his own than oasis ever will
MorningGlory2004
The Chief

Postby elphames » 19 Dec 2008, 19:40

Noel has also said that they work hard to find a setlist that runs smoothly. He basically said they think that when you change it up all the time it can lose its cohesiveness and be less of a show to fans because pacing is off etc. I think that's valid, but having said that, after seeing the same setlist twice now, I would for sure be bummed if they came back next year and did the exact same show. I feel for all those supergig people in the UK who likely also saw the stadium shows if they don't get anything different in eight months time.
elphames
Bonehead

Postby blondie » 29 Dec 2008, 01:36

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE Some change ever so small would add

that extra ~~~~~????????
blondie
Bonehead

Postby JaHawk13 » 29 Dec 2008, 01:53

Is it possible...?
Even the tiniest tiniest bit possible that:
a) The setlist will be different after the Christmas break?
AND
b) The Setlist will be changed for the Summer Gigs? (It probably will because they will have to make the set longer otherwise the gig will be over by about 8pm.)
JaHawk13
Bonehead

Postby HolySoldierFan » 29 Dec 2008, 04:33

VEGAS BABY
[/quote]Keep Wonderwall, Champagne Supernova, and Don't Look Back in Anger. Keep the staple songs off of DOYS for this tour. The rest should be interchangeable. It makes for a better concert experience. [/quote]

Couldn't agree more. Keep the stuff ppl will be ravaged about if they don't hear it... Everything else in the set should be up for grabs from night to night. Why should the fans know the entire setlist from the opener, to the closer, to the encores to the exact order. No spontanaeity makes for a lesser experience EVEN IF the band kills! They've done this for years and it IS SO LAME!
HolySoldierFan
Bonehead

Postby blondie » 02 Jan 2009, 01:07

ja ja ja

would be nice for a change...ever so small...but being perdictable when

once unpredictable is the way they are now. Just growing older. but

PLEASE liam get your act together .that voice....horrible

x
blondie
Bonehead

Postby afeadugg » 04 Jan 2009, 16:14

Two quick points...

1. As far as I'm aware Oasis' lack of creativity with setlists is nothing new. Weren't the Maine Road and Knebworth setlists virtually identicle? However Youtube etc... has emphasised the boredom and predictability.

2. Surely it would've made logical sense to have maybe three or four slightly altered setlists throughout the tour that were similar enough for the band to know with their eyes closed but different enough to keep the audience and the band entertained and avoid the predictability that has developed over this tour so far????

P.S Liam's penned a new song:
"I'm on the Strepsils (And they're not f**king working)". Hope he sorts his voice out by the summer gigs. He sounded alright on that 'Edge of noise' pre-tour gig.
afeadugg
Bonehead

Postby IKilledElvis » 04 Jan 2009, 16:18

Chill out people, setlist will definitely be different for the summer gigs. Not that I have any inside knowledge, but it will be, i'm sure of that.

Current set list is great anyway.
IKilledElvis
Bonehead

Postby mr cheesecake » 04 Jan 2009, 23:42

acdc dont change their set list....
coldplay dont either....
mr cheesecake
Bonehead

Postby lms » 05 Jan 2009, 00:07

mr cheesecake wrote:acdc dont change their set list....
coldplay dont either....

and?....
lms
Big Mouth

PreviousNext

Return to The Tours