A kind request

Discuss the gigs

A kind request

Postby MAILMAN13 » 24 Mar 2010, 19:35

SupersonicUK wrote:face value is fine, but the rest..should do one

At the end of the day the problem is that touts get their gresy mitts on loads of tickets from source - therefore forcing 'real' fans like us to turn to alternative sites ie ebay.

I luckily managed to get 3 tickets for the 2nd night at RAH from Ticketmaster. However now I have a friend that can't make it and would like to get what he paid back. No more. No less.

The fact that we'd rather sell it to another 'real' fan and save someone getting ripped off by the type of the people that Greencrestedsprout and others have a gripe with is fair enough.

There's nothing I hate more than walking through the masses of touts enroute to a gig. Ironically, it now looks like I'll be one of them trying to offload a spare ticket.
MAILMAN13
Bonehead

A kind request

Postby Wonsaponatime » 24 Mar 2010, 19:38

MAILMAN13 wrote:
SupersonicUK wrote:face value is fine, but the rest..should do one

At the end of the day the problem is that touts get their gresy mitts on loads of tickets from source - therefore forcing 'real' fans like us to turn to alternative sites ie ebay.

I luckily managed to get 3 tickets for the 2nd night at RAH from Ticketmaster. However now I have a friend that can't make it and would like to get what he paid back. No more. No less.

The fact that we'd rather sell it to another 'real' fan and save someone getting ripped off by the type of the people that Greencrestedsprout and others have a gripe with is fair enough.

There's nothing I hate more than walking through the masses of touts enroute to a gig. Ironically, it now looks like I'll be one of them trying to offload a spare ticket.

But if you didn't panic buy off eBay to start with then you wouldn't have a spare over-priced ticket to unload on some other poor c**t; the tout would be stuck with it, and you would still have been able to get face value tickets from Ticketmaster.
Wonsaponatime
Site Admin

A kind request

Postby dickie72 » 24 Mar 2010, 19:48

im stuck with a spare, as the person i got it for, cant now make the gig.
ive offered it at face value, and now given people the opportunity to make sensible offers for it.
dickie72
Bonehead

A kind request

Postby Guinness80 » 24 Mar 2010, 20:00

I've got a gastro dinner ticket for friday. What should I expect? Is there a specific time to have dinner before or after the show?
Guinness80
Big Mouth

A kind request

Postby Wonsaponatime » 24 Mar 2010, 20:11

Guinness80 wrote:I've got a gastro dinner ticket for friday. What should I expect? Is there a specific time to have dinner before or after the show?

I've no idea.. doesn't it say on the ticket? :?
Wonsaponatime
Site Admin

A kind request

Postby boobaloo » 24 Mar 2010, 20:31

dickie72 wrote:im stuck with a spare, as the person i got it for, cant now make the gig.
ive offered it at face value, and now given people the opportunity to make sensible offers for it.

if you can't sell it pm the night before the gigs (when are they btw) and ill take em off you for a packet of mini cheddars and a cream egg
boobaloo
R'Kid

A kind request

Postby dickie72 » 24 Mar 2010, 20:33

boobaloo wrote:
dickie72 wrote:im stuck with a spare, as the person i got it for, cant now make the gig.

if you can't sell it pm the night before the gigs (when are they btw) and ill take em off you for a packet of mini cheddars and a cream egg

7pm outside ok?
dickie72
Bonehead

A kind request

Postby Guinness80 » 24 Mar 2010, 20:39

Wonsaponatime wrote:
Guinness80 wrote:I've got a gastro dinner ticket for friday. What should I expect? Is there a specific time to have dinner before or after the show?

I've no idea.. doesn't it say on the ticket? :?

Venue collection. That's why I'm asking.
Guinness80
Big Mouth

A kind request

Postby Guinness80 » 24 Mar 2010, 20:50

Thanks, that's what I read when I booked the ticket but it doesn't say much.
Guinness80
Big Mouth

A kind request

Postby Wonsaponatime » 24 Mar 2010, 20:54

Guinness80 wrote:Thanks, that's what I read when I booked the ticket but it doesn't say much.

I guessed you already knew that much. :( The only thing I can suggest is giving them a call; I presume they are open most hours. 0845 401 5045 or +44 207 589 8212 if phoning from outside the UK.
Wonsaponatime
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Tours