So, Gem played with Noel at the TCT gigs ...

Discuss the gigs

Postby Artemisia » 27 Mar 2010, 01:49

... SO WHAT?

I mean, the whole thing was probably already planned back in summer. They just went on stage together for the last time in order to do their duty. It doesn't mean they're friends (like many here assume now). Srsly, it's just business.

And in case you're pissed off now because of me claiming they're not pals: Prove they're friends or stfu.
Artemisia
Bigger Than The Beatles

Postby Pimienta » 27 Mar 2010, 01:51

8)
I ♥ Poros.
Pimienta
Rock 'n' Roll Star

8)
I ♥ Poros.
Pimienta
Rock 'n' Roll Star

8)
I ♥ Poros.
Pimienta
Rock 'n' Roll Star

Postby cigarsinhell » 27 Mar 2010, 02:37

Artemisia wrote:... SO WHAT?

I mean, the whole thing was probably already planned back in summer. They just went on stage together for the last time in order to do their duty. It doesn't mean they're friends (like many here assume now). Srsly, it's just business.

And in case you're pissed off now because of me claiming they're not pals: Prove they're friends or stfu.

Musicians make a living by gigging around. If Noel is offering a paycheck and Gem is a competent studio player, why shouldn't Gem make a little extra money?
cigarsinhell
Headshrinker

Postby ste_of_wolvo » 27 Mar 2010, 08:32

a fair point they don't have to be friends to gig together but apparently they were at the paul mcartney gig at the o2 together so that would suggest they are friends
ste_of_wolvo
Bonehead

Postby joncoppin » 27 Mar 2010, 12:45

it was a charity gig so why would gem have been paid?

they have always been mates and gone to gigs together, why should that change because Noel and Liam have fallen out?

Noel certainly wouldn't have played with Gem if there was a problem between them
joncoppin
Bonehead

Postby boobaloo » 27 Mar 2010, 13:16

Yeah cause the reason why noel left oasis was because of Gem :roll:
boobaloo
R'Kid

Postby cigarsinhell » 27 Mar 2010, 17:33

boobaloo wrote:Yeah cause the reason why noel left oasis was because of Gem :roll:

Huh? I don't even think Noel left Oasis because of Liam. I think he was just tired of the grind and wanted to do his own thing. He'd brought up the idea of a "5-year break" and Liam just shut down at the very notion. I really don't think Noel loves Liam any less as his brother; he just needs some time away from that intensity. Gem has always been a friend; as a fellow musician, Noel knows that Gem needs a regular gig, and if his solo plans don't provide for a regular second guitarist, he wouldn't begrudge Gem a job with Liam if it helps him feed his family. Noel is a good person, and I don't think he has any vindictive heart toward ANY of the band (including Liam).
cigarsinhell
Headshrinker

Postby cigarsinhell » 27 Mar 2010, 17:33

boobaloo wrote:Yeah cause the reason why noel left oasis was because of Gem :roll:

Huh? I don't even think Noel left Oasis because of Liam. I think he was just tired of the grind and wanted to do his own thing. He'd brought up the idea of a "5-year break" and Liam just shut down at the very notion. I really don't think Noel loves Liam any less as his brother; he just needs some time away from that intensity. Gem has always been a friend; as a fellow musician, Noel knows that Gem needs a regular gig, and if his solo plans don't provide for a regular second guitarist, he wouldn't begrudge Gem a job with Liam if it helps him feed his family. Noel is a good person, and I don't think he has any vindictive heart toward ANY of the band (including Liam).
cigarsinhell
Headshrinker

Next

Return to The Tours