Friday 26th Gig

Discuss the gigs

Friday 26th Gig

Postby jrb1984 » 27 Mar 2010, 10:36

Saw the show from the very front row of Arena F, was absolutely incredible. Only downer was a REALLY annoying Canadian woman right behind me who did not shut up all night about how she met Noel and Gem once and partied with them. Apparently they would recognise her and invite her backstage, obviously they didnt but but that didnt stop her from shouting in my ear all night. Cracking gig thought, same set as Thursday, slightly different atmosphere as they didnt allow alcohol into the arena which was far better as it didnt allow so many drunken Tw*ts to think its ok to just go and stand at the front of the arena when they are sat at the back.
jrb1984
Bonehead

Friday 26th Gig

Postby betterz » 27 Mar 2010, 12:48

That guy who got Noels plectrum 3 songs in was a complete tit! Rewarded for acting like an idiot, he was well into his 30s aswell haha! Some night!
betterz
Headshrinker

Friday 26th Gig

That guy who got Noels plectrum 3 songs in was a complete tit! Rewarded for acting like an idiot, he was well into his 30s aswell haha! Some night!
betterz
Headshrinker

Friday 26th Gig

betterz
Headshrinker

Friday 26th Gig

Postby Brummiered » 27 Mar 2010, 16:55

Awesome gig, among the best i've been to.

I think Don't Go Away was possibly my favourite on the night, but all were class
Brummiered
Bonehead

Friday 26th Gig

Postby Lord Pontrhydyfen » 28 Mar 2010, 12:15

An awesome night! One of the best gigs I've been to. I was at the Thursday night show too, but I thought Friday wwas the best. Yes you were nt allowed to bring booze into the arena, I mangaged to manage to do so though! An epic epic epic night!
Lord Pontrhydyfen
Bonehead

Friday 26th Gig

Postby Ant_uk » 28 Mar 2010, 18:18

Lord Pontrhydyfen wrote:An awesome night! One of the best gigs I've been to. I was at the Thursday night show too, but I thought Friday wwas the best. Yes you were nt allowed to bring booze into the arena, I mangaged to manage to do so though! An epic epic epic night!

What would you say made Friday better? Same setlist etc and you knew exactly what was coming?
Ant_uk
Bonehead

Friday 26th Gig

Postby TeamNoel » 28 Mar 2010, 21:02

Last four songs - the whole RAH standing ;-) very emotional
TeamNoel
Bonehead

Friday 26th Gig

Postby MAILMAN13 » 28 Mar 2010, 21:25

Tremendous!!! I'd bought tickets that I thought were for the Friday and then after a few PGP's (Pre-gig pints) and upon entering the venue found to my horror were for the night before. RAH typically symapthetic made me pay again for the only tickets left - behind the stage in the opposite section to the choir!!! GUTTED.

Still had an amazing experience and only gutted that I could've gone to both gigs for the same price!!! Live and learn eh?! £480 for a £50 ticket!!! If any f**ker with a fluorescent waistcoat down the highstreet tries to put the guilt trip on me for walking past them with my hands in my pockets I'll wrap their clipboard round their heads!!!

Don't Go Away was phenomenal and I particularly liked the inclusion of Rockin Chair and Digsy's....shame Angel Child and Spaceman didn't work their ways in though....

Have to admit I was a little surprised Noel chose to do a show that SO closely resembled the previous TCT gigs of 2 years before. I thought with SO much time to practice and rehearse he might have wanted to do something where he showcased some new tunes and did some variations of older ones that weren't played last time round... not knocking it though as I couldn't attend the last TCT lot and would've given anything to have been there!
MAILMAN13
Bonehead

Friday 26th Gig

Postby clg602 » 28 Mar 2010, 21:52

Does anyone know where we may download the audio for either TCT gig? I would love to add to my iPod. Friday's gig was fun, glad I got to experience it at Royal Albert Hall....beautiful venue, amazing gig! Heard many songs I had never heard before live...Whatever was a highlight for me, it reminded me of the black and white video they did where Noel was eating McDonald's fries during the video recording!!!
clg602
Bonehead

Return to The Tours