Last time Noel will sing Oasis songs?

Discuss the gigs

Postby dna » 30 Mar 2010, 07:51

liams new band if they not gonna play oasis tunes have got a lot to prove.
dna
Bonehead

Postby boobaloo » 30 Mar 2010, 17:06

They've played Cigarettes and Alcohol literally every gig haven't they?
boobaloo
R'Kid

Postby mdg90 » 30 Mar 2010, 18:38

i was there on the Friday, was a great gig imo. My mate that was with me wasn't too impressed. He isn't a massive fan, so when it came to most of the b sides Noel played, he was a little disappointed. He said it could have been better if Noel had played some of his 'bigger songs'. I couldn't disagree more. It just shows you that there will always be a mix of people at these concerts, and that no matter what Noel plays, he will never please everyone.
mdg90
Bonehead

Postby andymattcoles » 30 Mar 2010, 20:40

Wonsaponatime wrote:
starfucker wrote:
andymattcoles wrote:he will always sing oasis songs without a doubt...Noel likes to stick to comfort zone most of the time. i would love to go to a concert of his and not hear DLBIA ever again..it's a boring song.

I agree, Noel will always play Oasis songs, but DLBIA boring? Really?
To quote a certain someone - let's hear one of your songs then.

I don't agree that it's boring, it is definitely over-played though. I can't think of one gig since Morning Glory (at least from the top of my head) where Don't Look Back In Anger hasn't been played; even Wonderwall had a break from the set.

ok..boring was probably the wrong choice of words. I admit I will often play it on my guitar as it's a crowd pleaser. I just think it's time to give it a break (as you say just like wonderwall).

Having seen Oasis/NG 17 times, I should be used to the lack of variety on the set list, yet keep coming back for more :-)

It makes hearing Digsy's and Rockin chair all the more special
andymattcoles
Bonehead

Postby dickie72 » 30 Mar 2010, 21:14

Having seen Oasis/NG 38 times, I should be used to the lack of variety on the set list, yet keep coming back for more
dickie72
Bonehead

Postby cigarsinhell » 31 Mar 2010, 00:13

I'd give my firstborn child (if I had any children) to hear Noel sing some of his old b-sides, or pretty much anything else he wanted to do. He's entitled to sing or play whatever he wants and anyone who doesn't like it can just stay home. He wrote these songs out of his own heart, and that makes them all special.
cigarsinhell
Headshrinker

Postby Crockett » 31 Mar 2010, 14:29

Paul McCartney is still singing Beatles songs 40 years after they split, so I see no reason why Noel would stop singing his own collection of massive hits.
Crockett
Bonehead

Postby dna » 31 Mar 2010, 15:04

Macca always plays the same ones, i actually find that a bit boring.

Noel is holding back on us at the moment, wait till he releases his solo stuff. be in for a right treat.

can't believe how many times some of you guys seen him play. that is pretty amazing.

i have only ever managed to se ethem 3 times. wish it was more.
dna
Bonehead

Postby Brandon Gallagher » 31 Mar 2010, 22:50

Noel will continue to play Oasis songs, firstly, in his next solo tour and then when Oasis will reform (I was sure before the TCT, I am "more sure" now... we only have to wait a few years)
DLBIA boring??!?! ...This is my favourite song ever and I can't even think of an Oasis/Noel gig without this song. No doubt that songs played rarely (or never) make a gig more special.
Brandon Gallagher
Bonehead

Postby roonst83 » 01 Apr 2010, 13:51

little-james wrote:
I'm sure I read somewhere that Liam's said he's not going to sing Noel written Oasis songs on his solo gigs...

He's going to struggle then!!
roonst83
Bonehead

PreviousNext

Return to The Tours