Getting the RAH to Stand

Discuss the gigs

Getting the RAH to Stand

Postby ievuliux » 31 Mar 2010, 13:14

Sitting in an acoustic concert is by no means disrespect for the performer. But it seems many fans wanted this to be a typical arena gig, so they were standing from the very beginning. In my section two guys in the very front seats stood up and did not care that many people behind them ended up looking at their bums instead of Noel, so of course everyone had to stand up, too. They did not look the sort who would sit down if politely asked..
ievuliux
Bonehead

Getting the RAH to Stand

Postby jrb1984 » 31 Mar 2010, 13:52

ievuliux wrote:Sitting in an acoustic concert is by no means disrespect for the performer. But it seems many fans wanted this to be a typical arena gig, so they were standing from the very beginning. In my section two guys in the very front seats stood up and did not care that many people behind them ended up looking at their bums instead of Noel, so of course everyone had to stand up, too. They did not look the sort who would sit down if politely asked..

whilst I agree that on the thursday night when it was carnage down there mainly due to the fact they let you take drink into the arena on the friday they did not and the people sat at the front, myself included did not stand, it doesnt mean we didnt enjoy it as I loved it but I actually care that the person sat behind me is able to see, besides my main gripe was those who came from the back of the arena and stood in the front row. I can see im never going to win this argument but I dont see why a solo acoustic gig has to be like an Oasis stadium gig where morons throw cups of p*ss and generally ruin other peoples night. I was in the pit at wembley and really did enjoy it but just hate some of the sc*mbags that oasis/noel seem to attract which is no fault of their own of course but its only Oasis gigs i have experienced this, and I go to more gigs in one year than most do in a decade.
jrb1984
Bonehead

Getting the RAH to Stand

Postby speller » 31 Mar 2010, 14:15

While i am all for standing, i think that there is a time and place. You do have to respect the venue for starters that your in. Clearly the rah is a bit more up market than the usual venues he plays in. And besides as it was only a small venue, your not exactly not going to see him, unless of course you were in the choir section or stnading in the gallery.
speller
Bonehead

Getting the RAH to Stand

Postby daniboy87 » 31 Mar 2010, 16:17

Hopefully if there is a DVD it will be from Thursday, firstly so this arse won't be on it, and secondly, if they have the support act who the f**k wants to see Plan B, he is donkey s**t

Thursday night > Friday night
daniboy87
Bonehead

Getting the RAH to Stand

Postby imax » 31 Mar 2010, 16:27

Did anyone get covered in piss?
imax
Headshrinker

Getting the RAH to Stand

Postby jrb1984 » 31 Mar 2010, 16:29

imax wrote:Did anyone get covered in piss?

There were pints thrown on thursday night near the end of the gig, whether it was p*ss or not luckily I dont know
jrb1984
Bonehead

Getting the RAH to Stand

Postby jrb1984 » 31 Mar 2010, 16:31

daniboy87 wrote:Hopefully if there is a DVD it will be from Thursday, firstly so this arse won't be on it, and secondly, if they have the support act who the f**k wants to see Plan B, he is donkey s**t

Thursday night > Friday night

So i am an arse for not liking someone throwing p*ss all over me?? I wont ask about your private life then as you have already cleared that one up.

oh and btw I was in the 4th row for the thursday so would be on both :d
jrb1984
Bonehead

Getting the RAH to Stand

Postby betterz » 31 Mar 2010, 16:33

And due to the drink throwing on the Thursday, there were no drinks allowed in the arena on the Friday! Much to everyones amusement.

So plan B had 5 fans while the rest of us got sloshed
betterz
Headshrinker

Getting the RAH to Stand

Postby quioch66 » 05 Apr 2010, 10:26

Archej01-do you realise how much of a c**t you looked....like someones old man lurching around at a wedding!!!
quioch66
Bonehead

Getting the RAH to Stand

Postby andymattcoles » 05 Apr 2010, 20:52

I went on Thursday and had seats in the arena, near the back. The people in the front row stood up! so therefore everyone else would too. Loads of people walked to the front and stod there...but most people only briefly to get a snap of noel. After half the night wentby, i decided I would do the same. Glad I did, although I was fairly couretous not to get in the way of people.

Thought it odd that there was no screens...especially as there was for the courteeners.
andymattcoles
Bonehead

PreviousNext

Return to The Tours