DOYS Tour 08/09, any recordings anywhere?

Discuss the gigs

Postby Nightrip » 17 Jul 2010, 12:23

Wonsaponatime wrote:Personally, I'd rather see something released where the band are at their best. I don't think they were at their worse in 2008/9 but they were certainly nowhere near their best.

i'd have to say that the BBC electric proms gig they did was one of their best live shows i've seen. They were pretty much on it that night, it's one of my most watched bootlegs
Nightrip
Bigger Than The Beatles

Postby Nightrip » 17 Jul 2010, 12:26

Wonsaponatime wrote:1. We don't already have it (officially) and YouTube quality is absolute s**t.

2. That's a matter of opinion - I prefer the second, "This is history..."

The second night probably means more to the people who couldn't be there - listening to it on the radio was the next best thing.

I want it because I have the BBC Radio 1 recording from the night but it's incomplete - they couldn't air any tracks from Be Here Now, Jo Whiley kept interupting and 'Champagne Supernova' and 'I Am The Walrus' were from the night before.

My original point though was that two years isn't a long time to wait for a DVD.

MTV own the rights to that second knebworth night so it's pretty unlikely there will be an official release of it.

I also have that radio 1 recording on cassette tape and i'm in total agreement with you, Jo Whiley does the most fantastic job of ruining the gig
Nightrip
Bigger Than The Beatles

Postby layers » 17 Jul 2010, 15:30

there is a bootleg on the japanese label Bayswater which is a double dvd thing called "the second summer of love - the film" - that has both nights on silver dvd
layers
Bonehead

Postby Wonsaponatime » 17 Jul 2010, 16:41

Nightrip wrote:
Wonsaponatime wrote:1. We don't already have it (officially) and YouTube quality is absolute s**t.

The second night probably means more to the people who couldn't be there - listening to it on the radio was the next best thing.

I want it because I have the BBC Radio 1 recording from the night but it's incomplete - they couldn't air any tracks from Be Here Now, Jo Whiley kept interupting and 'Champagne Supernova' and 'I Am The Walrus' were from the night before.

My original point though was that two years isn't a long time to wait for a DVD.

MTV own the rights to that second knebworth night so it's pretty unlikely there will be an official release of it.

I also have that radio 1 recording on cassette tape and i'm in total agreement with you, Jo Whiley does the most fantastic job of ruining the gig

I thought MTV owned the rights to the first night, though I believe they only ever aired The Masterplan and Champagne Supernova. Surely they would have played more if they could?

BBC aired the second night on Radio 1 but played Champagne Supernova and I Am The Walrus from the first, which were supposedly owned by MTV. It confuses me.

Last week I converted my original cassette recording of Knebworth into .wav and .mp3 files, which took some doing.
Wonsaponatime
Site Admin

Postby Nightrip » 17 Jul 2010, 16:57

Wonsaponatime wrote:
Nightrip wrote:

I thought MTV owned the rights to the first night, though I believe they only ever aired The Masterplan and Champagne Supernova. Surely they would have played more if they could?

BBC aired the second night on Radio 1 but played Champagne Supernova and I Am The Walrus from the first, which were supposedly owned by MTV. It confuses me.

Last week I converted my original cassette recording of Knebworth into .wav and .mp3 files, which took some doing.

Yes you're right it is the first night they own the rights to. Gets confusing. I should know i've got the bloody dvd of it :lol:
Nightrip
Bigger Than The Beatles

Previous

Return to The Tours