HAVE YOU SEEN OASIS LIVE?

Discuss the gigs

Re: HAVE YOU SEEN OASIS LIVE?

Postby Piet Karbiet » 20 Sep 2016, 15:19

Many times. Their debute gig in Amsterdam is missing in de maps. A small venue called Hotel Arena. 200+ visitors. And that gig was not at the Amsterdam Arena, the soccerstadium of AFC Ajax, for 60.000 fans. That stadium wasn't even build in 1994.
http://www.dekettingzaag.nl/toen-oasis- ... amsterdam/
Piet Karbiet
Bonehead

Postby Stephen Butler » 03 Oct 2016, 14:41

I saw them twice live, and they were like chalk and cheese. The first time was on August 11, 1996, and I was in the front section to see them perform a triumphant gig which was broadcast (well, most of it, anyway) live on Radio 1, back in the day when Radio 1 used to do such things. The band were magnificent, and when you consider that three years before this they were playing the King's Cross Water Rats, it really was an extraordinary achievement.

The second time was at Wembley Stadium on Saturday, July 22, 2000 - and they were truly dreadful. This was the now infamous gig in which a completely pissed Liam Gallagher used a concert which 70,000 had bought tickets for to unload his frustration about splitting up with Patsy Kensit. He managed to sing flat throughout the entire gig, his phrasing was dreadful and I was amazed that the band managed to play as they did with Liam doing his best to ruin everything. This gig went out live on Sky, and it's strange that Liam was perfectly fine the night before when they were making the DVD.

It's a shame I never got to see them again after that - certainly on the 'Heathen Chemistry' tour I decided not to bother, the wounds were still fresh from Wembley.
Stephen Butler
Bonehead

Postby 15119919 » 10 Oct 2016, 15:28

Cardiff on a few gigds awesome !!!
In the millenium Stadium with my 9 year old son was epic , his first gig which has stayed with him pure magic.

Some day this will return and me and him can hopefully go and both have a few beersand sing the songs!!!!
Bonehead

Postby SupersonicUK » 30 Oct 2016, 08:33

Only the once, in Sheffield 2006.
SupersonicUK
Bonehead

Previous

Return to The Tours