The next noel and "beady eye" records

Forum for fans of Liam Gallagher's solo work and Beady Eye

Postby chris-unionj. » 25 Jul 2010, 23:41

Im looking forward to the next noel and "beady eye" albums, but what is the music gonna sound like?
Noel has for many years said that he's made songs that dont fit in on a oasis album and the oasis sound etc. I belive that he has a lot of songs and demoes laying around ready to be recorded. Let us hope that he brings in some amazing musicians for these recording sessions, and make a classic album!
In the case of "beady eye" it will be interesting to see how far they will move away from the oasis sound. Im a huge fan of gem and his guitar playing and Liam has turned out to be a good songwriter. I hope they stay in touch with the oasis sound and their rock n roll roots! :)
chris-unionj.
Bonehead

Postby betterz » 27 Jul 2010, 13:27

chris-unionj. wrote:Im looking forward to the next noel and "beady eye" albums, but what is the music gonna sound like?
Noel has for many years said that he's made songs that dont fit in on a oasis album and the oasis sound etc. I belive that he has a lot of songs and demoes laying around ready to be recorded. Let us hope that he brings in some amazing musicians for these recording sessions, and make a classic album!
In the case of "beady eye" it will be interesting to see how far they will move away from the oasis sound. Im a huge fan of gem and his guitar playing and Liam has turned out to be a good songwriter. I hope they stay in touch with the oasis sound and their rock n roll roots! :)

betterz
Headshrinker

chris-unionj. wrote:Im looking forward to the next noel and "beady eye" albums, but what is the music gonna sound like?

betterz
Headshrinker

betterz
Headshrinker

Postby blacknitecrash » 27 Jul 2010, 13:37

mildly amusing i grant you!!

Given the choice now, I would rather have noel's new album but that is hardly a revelation given

1. noel wrote 99% of the best oasis stuff
2. we have already heard possible snippets with the brilliant 'record machine' 'everybody's on the run' etc

If anything, I actually think beady eye will more resemble oasis with roll with it, lyla, keep the dream alive type tracks. Noel's will be more mellow, less anthem driven but more rewarding.
blacknitecrash
Bonehead

Postby betterz » 27 Jul 2010, 13:41

blacknitecrash wrote:mildly amusing i grant you!!

Given the choice now, I would rather have noel's new album but that is hardly a revelation given

1. noel wrote 99% of the best oasis stuff
2. we have already heard possible snippets with the brilliant 'record machine' 'everybody's on the run' etc

If anything, I actually think beady eye will more resemble oasis with roll with it, lyla, keep the dream alive type tracks. Noel's will be more mellow, less anthem driven but more rewarding.

I wasnt trying to be amusing, I think beady eyes album is gonna be down right awful.

Noels on the other hand, I'm looking forward to.
betterz
Headshrinker

Postby chris-unionj. » 27 Jul 2010, 21:23

Well, lets not hope that the next "beady" album will consist of 12 songs ala "aint got nothing" or " meaning of soul". two of the worst oasis songs in my opinion.

As for noel, its interesting that he is not only big on "the beatles" and "the stones", but also "dylan", "springsteen" and "neil young".

maybe we will hear his inspiriation from american music on some of his new songs? I think harmonica and a steel guitar would have suited on many of noels more mellow songs.
chris-unionj.
Bonehead

Postby disconnected1976 » 28 Jul 2010, 10:30

I don't believe any of them will make a radical departure from what they did with Oasis... it will sound a bit different because Noel can write only for himself, and Beady Eye's songs don't have to fit in an Oasis record but I don't expect big surprises like any of them going prog electro or something...
disconnected1976
Headshrinker

Postby blacknitecrash » 28 Jul 2010, 13:34

disconnected1976 wrote:I don't believe any of them will make a radical departure from what they did with Oasis... it will sound a bit different because Noel can write only for himself, and Beady Eye's songs don't have to fit in an Oasis record but I don't expect big surprises like any of them going prog electro or something...

100% agree.

What will be more interesting is how the dynamics of the albums will be made up without the confines of it being an oasis record.

For instance, Noel wont need to put out the custom oasis type comeback single ala lyla, hindu times etc and beady eye wont be able to rely on noel to write all (or at least most of) the hits.

I just hope beady eye combines the best of gem,liam and andy and not the worst. An album of only the strongest will survive, vapour trail, songbird, hung in a bad place, im outta time could be very good. Little james, nature of reality, aint got nothing...not so much!!
blacknitecrash
Bonehead

Postby cigarsinhell » 28 Jul 2010, 20:36

blacknitecrash wrote:
disconnected1976 wrote:I don't believe any of them will make a radical departure from what they did with Oasis... it will sound a bit different because Noel can write only for himself, and Beady Eye's songs don't have to fit in an Oasis record but I don't expect big surprises like any of them going prog electro or something...

100% agree.

What will be more interesting is how the dynamics of the albums will be made up without the confines of it being an oasis record.

For instance, Noel wont need to put out the custom oasis type comeback single ala lyla, hindu times etc and beady eye wont be able to rely on noel to write all (or at least most of) the hits.

I just hope beady eye combines the best of gem,liam and andy and not the worst. An album of only the strongest will survive, vapour trail, songbird, hung in a bad place, im outta time could be very good. Little james, nature of reality, aint got nothing...not so much!!

My fav is "To Be Where There's Life". Gem rocks!!!!!
cigarsinhell
Headshrinker

Next

Return to Liam Gallagher