The next noel and "beady eye" records

Forum for fans of Liam Gallagher's solo work and Beady Eye

Postby eviltimeban » 03 Aug 2010, 13:07

Gemsplectrum wrote:Oasis couldn't have carried on as a live band because of this, which is what happened to The Beatles when Lennon's voice went.

WTF are you talking about?? When exactly did Lennon's voice "go"? That's not why they stopped playing live - check your Beatles history.

I reckon Beady Eye will sound a bit like "Man Of Misery" - which I think is a fun track - kind of 70s glam rock like Liam eluded too. Probably also a bit of Black Keys style garage rock, the T.Rex influence will probably be more of the 20th Century Boy style rather than the Ride A White Swan style! I'm hoping it'll be a good, retro rock n' roll record.

The fact there's no Noel will refresh it a bit - he ran out of songs around 1998, and since then we've had endless "tributes" to his favourite bands - this is the Beatles song, this is the Velvet Underground song, this is the Neu! song. He wore his influences too clearly on his sleeve, and got lazy when it came to writing. Liam however was only really starting out, and though his lyrics are dreadful he had a few nice melodies and rockers. Andy and Gem should hopefully be able to help even out the flaws (although Andy's lyrics have never been his strongest point, even in the Ride days).

Noel's album will be acoustic, orchestral, slow, ballady, something like "Imagine" with a few half assed rockers and the rest made up of further tributes to his favourite bands (this is the Neil Young song, this is the Dylan song, etc).
eviltimeban
Bonehead

Postby cigarsinhell » 04 Aug 2010, 22:06

disconnected1976 wrote:He can be great to read and in a way, yeah of course, it's what we love about Liam : he's being Liam ! But since the Oasis split he's just been annoying. In fact, as annoying as Bono can be, and I'm a U2 fan.

I'm a U2 fan, too. But Bono is a yo-yo. Shut up and sing, dude.
cigarsinhell
Headshrinker

Postby smugteamgermanyfan » 07 Aug 2010, 07:36

WE'LL HEAR FROM NOWL AFTER THE BROWN EYE ALBUM IS RELEASED
HEAR LAUGHTER, THAT IS
smugteamgermanyfan
Bonehead

Postby andiebain » 11 Aug 2010, 08:49

all i wanna know is when the f*** is noel gonna actually release something? after all, in my opinion he was the heart of oasis. if liam had continued the band under the oasis name it wouldnt be the same, it wouldnt be as successful. noels always said his songs didnt fit with the oasis sound and if you search through youtube ive found somme cracking songs which havent yet been released. as much as i cant wait for beady eye to release stuff, im more looking forward to what noel has to do. L4E
andiebain
Bonehead

Postby Wonsaponatime » 11 Aug 2010, 08:51

andiebain wrote:all i wanna know is when the f*** is noel gonna actually release something? after all, in my opinion he was the heart of oasis. if liam had continued the band under the oasis name it wouldnt be the same, it wouldnt be as successful. noels always said his songs didnt fit with the oasis sound and if you search through youtube ive found somme cracking songs which havent yet been released. as much as i cant wait for beady eye to release stuff, im more looking forward to what noel has to do. L4E

Noel wanted a 5 year break, Liam didn't... which is probably one of the reasons they split to start with.
Wonsaponatime
Site Admin

Postby disconnected1976 » 13 Aug 2010, 11:53

That could have been the reason for a normal split, but the main reason for that split is that Noel would have probably ended up murdering him.
disconnected1976
Headshrinker

Postby betterz » 13 Aug 2010, 12:23

disconnected1976 wrote:That could have been the reason for a normal split, but the main reason for that split is that Noel would have probably ended up murdering him.

either that or he finally discovered how s**t liam is
betterz
Headshrinker

Postby suprsonk1175 » 25 Aug 2010, 23:41

If it's anything like Liam usually writes the album will be filled with half written songs that are pretty lame and repetitive.
suprsonk1175
Big Mouth

Postby suprsonk1175 » 25 Aug 2010, 23:42

Wonsaponatime wrote:
andiebain wrote:all i wanna know is when the f*** is noel gonna actually release something? after all, in my opinion he was the heart of oasis. if liam had continued the band under the oasis name it wouldnt be the same, it wouldnt be as successful. noels always said his songs didnt fit with the oasis sound and if you search through youtube ive found somme cracking songs which havent yet been released. as much as i cant wait for beady eye to release stuff, im more looking forward to what noel has to do. L4E

Noel wanted a 5 year break, Liam didn't... which is probably one of the reasons they split to start with.

Noel wanted a 5 year break because he has been carrying these guys on his back for the past 17 years.
suprsonk1175
Big Mouth

Postby Let-Her-Be-Love » 27 Aug 2010, 04:14

their gonna be amazing records. so much talent will be going into them.
Let-Her-Be-Love
Bonehead

PreviousNext

Return to Liam Gallagher