The Roller

Forum for fans of Liam Gallagher's solo work and Beady Eye

The Roller

Postby Super$onic » 21 Jan 2011, 21:04

TO be fair it is an oldie.

It's been around for a decade, it didn't even make a B-side to Heathen Chemistry...Noel was quoted as saying 'Gems wrote two songs for us, one call the Roller, which is very T -Rex...' or something along those lines.
Super$onic
The Chief

The Roller

Postby Financially Ruined » 22 Jan 2011, 11:48

Super$onic wrote:TO be fair it is an oldie.

It's been around for a decade, it didn't even make a B-side to Heathen Chemistry...Noel was quoted as saying 'Gems wrote two songs for us, one call the Roller, which is very T -Rex...' or something along those lines.

Sorry, but how do you guys in Uganda get to know such things?
Financially Ruined
Bonehead

The Roller

Postby jintony » 22 Jan 2011, 13:36

How the f**k can you slag beady eye for ripping off a john lennon song when half of oasis songs that noel wrote where copys ie shakermaker!
jintony
Bonehead

The Roller

Postby Artemisia » 22 Jan 2011, 14:04

jintony wrote:How the f**k can you slag beady eye for ripping off a john lennon song when half of oasis songs that noel wrote where copys ie shakermaker!

Yeah. How pathetic! :x

... :|
Artemisia
Bigger Than The Beatles

The Roller

Postby blacknitecrash » 26 Jan 2011, 13:58

smugoasisfan wrote:I LISTENED TO BRING THE LIGHT -- QUITE POSSIBLY THE WORST SONG I'VE EVER HEARD
SAT THROUGH HALF OF FOUR LETTER WORD BEFORE TURNING IT OFF -- C-SIDE OASIS SONG
I WILL NOT BE TORTURED BY THIS SONG, HOWEVER
I REFUSE TO GIVE KERMIT'S SIDESHOW A MOMENT MORE OF MY ATTENTION

Oh the irony....

If you don't want to give it anymore attention, jog on and stop with the bitter ramblings, you won't be missed!!
blacknitecrash
Bonehead

The Roller

Postby blacknitecrash » 26 Jan 2011, 14:01

Super$onic wrote:TO be fair it is an oldie.

Assuming of course that it is the same song Noel was talking about...

They may have just liked the title and worked it into something else.
blacknitecrash
Bonehead

The Roller

Postby supershaunic » 29 Jan 2011, 21:53

I like it. :lol:
supershaunic
Bonehead

The Roller

Postby Johnny Guitar » 16 Feb 2011, 22:17

The irony.....

"Beady Eye's new single sounds like John Lennon". When hasn't Oasis sounded like the Beatles or John Lennon?

Then you have smug people saying "Oh, well I only like the old Oasis, you know when they were good. But I will still go on their message board and trash them."

The old Oasis still copied the Beatles and other bands.

"Cigarettes & Alcohol" - Bang a Gong, T. Rex
"ShakerMaker" - The New Seekers
"Hello" - Gary Glitter
"Step Out" - Stevie Wonder
"Don't Look Back In Anger" - John Lennon (Imagine Intro).

Really their is no point in arguing. I love Beady Eye. Bring the Light sounded great to me. Old piano bashing Rock 'n' Roll. Didn't sound like Oasis to me at all.

Four Letter Word was fantastic. Rock with a guitar solo that would make Noel weep.

The Roller is great. It doesn't get the blood pumping fast, but it's a great catchy little number. I really enjoyed it.

Beady Eye is different from Oasis. It's not deep lyrics, it's Rock 'n' Roll. A new brand of it. Just enjoy it. Not saying they are the best band in the world, they are just rock 'n' roll. Enjoy it.

Anyone who doesn't can go listen to Coldplay.
Johnny Guitar
Bonehead

The Roller

Postby christinaaa » 18 Feb 2011, 13:18

https://abo.rollingstone.de//das-heft/S ... sgabe.html

:d

The Roller comes with the next German Edition of ROLLING STONE as a add-on 7" Vinyl with the magazine.
christinaaa
Bonehead

The Roller

Postby boobaloo » 18 Feb 2011, 14:22

Johnny Guitar wrote:The irony.....

"Beady Eye's new single sounds like John Lennon". When hasn't Oasis sounded like the Beatles or John Lennon?

Then you have smug people saying "Oh, well I only like the old Oasis, you know when they were good. But I will still go on their message board and trash them."

The old Oasis still copied the Beatles and other bands.

"Cigarettes & Alcohol" - Bang a Gong, T. Rex
"ShakerMaker" - The New Seekers
"Hello" - Gary Glitter
"Step Out" - Stevie Wonder
"Don't Look Back In Anger" - John Lennon (Imagine Intro).

Really their is no point in arguing. I love Beady Eye. Bring the Light sounded great to me. Old piano bashing Rock 'n' Roll. Didn't sound like Oasis to me at all.

Four Letter Word was fantastic. Rock with a guitar solo that would make Noel weep.

The Roller is great. It doesn't get the blood pumping fast, but it's a great catchy little number. I really enjoyed it.

Beady Eye is different from Oasis. It's not deep lyrics, it's Rock 'n' Roll. A new brand of it. Just enjoy it. Not saying they are the best band in the world, they are just rock 'n' roll. Enjoy it.

Anyone who doesn't can go listen to Coldplay.

:?
boobaloo
R'Kid

PreviousNext

Return to Liam Gallagher