Noel on Beady Eye, Tony McCarroll etc.

Forum for fans of Liam Gallagher's solo work and Beady Eye

Postby Lasagne101 » 30 Jan 2011, 18:15

Stumbled across this on a Roses site.

Noel Gallagher formerly of Oasis talk with New York Z100's Dale Washington about brother Liam's new act Beady Eye, former drummer Tony McCarroll's new tell-all book and his own future plans.

DW: Hi Noel. How are you, man?
NG: I'm alright mate. Getting ready to watch an afternoon of football.
DW: Or soccer as we know it here in the States.
NG: That's a word I'll never use, mate. Too yankee for me. (laughs)
DW: Oh yeah, for sure. Anyway, what do you make of Beady Eye? Your brother's new band with your former Oasis bandmates.
NG: The first single was like that "Goodness gracious great balls of fire" nonsense, wasn't it? It's alright. I'm no hater of the music. I'm sure the album and tours will be alright. The tours will be Liam's own way to model his clothes he's selling, won't he? He's watched "Quadrophenia" too many times I think.
DW: You said when you left Oasis that it apart from not being able to work with Liam it was also "the lack of support and understanding from my management and band mates". Was that the case?
NG: Not from Gem. Gem is a spartan. A gentleman. Even for a geordie. But everyone else. Bell, Sharrock, the management, Maggie. All of them. The management were money driven and personal circumstance within the band didnt matter to the f**kers. But it's old news and we've all moved on.
DW: Have you read former drummer Tony McCarroll's book?
NG: No. I've been immersed in nappy (diaper) changing and all that bollocks with my new son.
DW: He was extremely critical of you in it, claiming you wanted him out from the moment you encountered success.
NG: He would say that. I hear the few bob (money) he got when he wanted to take us to court bought him a house in Ireland or something. He must have spent it all on that if he needs to write a book. He's still a s**t drummer.
DW: What would you say if you bumped into Tony now?
NG: Are you in Beady Eye?
(laughs)
DW: What does the future hold for Noel?
NG: Well, I got 30 songs written. But I won't record them for another 12 months.
DW: What about concerts? The acoustic ones in the Royal Albert Hall in London were a critical success.
NG: Yeah, was offered to do that in Carnegie Hall on New Years Eve or something. Family and that christmas time means me being at home these days. I'll do soemthing in 2012. Unless if the world ends.
DW: Badass. Thanks for taking the call Noel.
NG: A pleasure.
Lasagne101
Bonehead

Postby jonlevi » 30 Jan 2011, 18:28

The tours will be Liam's own way to model his clothes he's selling, won't he? He's watched "Quadrophenia" too many times I think.

:lol:
jonlevi
Bigger Than The Beatles

The tours will be Liam's own way to model his clothes he's selling, won't he? He's watched "Quadrophenia" too many times I think.

jonlevi
Bigger Than The Beatles

jonlevi
Bigger Than The Beatles

Postby will_law25 » 30 Jan 2011, 18:36

Lasagne101 wrote:Stumbled across this on a Roses site.

Noel Gallagher formerly of Oasis talk with New York Z100's Dale Washington about brother Liam's new act Beady Eye, former drummer Tony McCarroll's new tell-all book and his own future plans.

DW: Hi Noel. How are you, man?
NG: I'm alright mate. Getting ready to watch an afternoon of football.
DW: Or soccer as we know it here in the States.
NG: That's a word I'll never use, mate. Too yankee for me. (laughs)
DW: Oh yeah, for sure. Anyway, what do you make of Beady Eye? Your brother's new band with your former Oasis bandmates.
NG: The first single was like that "Goodness gracious great balls of fire" nonsense, wasn't it? It's alright. I'm no hater of the music. I'm sure the album and tours will be alright. The tours will be Liam's own way to model his clothes he's selling, won't he? He's watched "Quadrophenia" too many times I think.
DW: You said when you left Oasis that it apart from not being able to work with Liam it was also "the lack of support and understanding from my management and band mates". Was that the case?
NG: Not from Gem. Gem is a spartan. A gentleman. Even for a geordie. But everyone else. Bell, Sharrock, the management, Maggie. All of them. The management were money driven and personal circumstance within the band didnt matter to the f**kers. But it's old news and we've all moved on.
DW: Have you read former drummer Tony McCarroll's book?
NG: No. I've been immersed in nappy (diaper) changing and all that bollocks with my new son.
DW: He was extremely critical of you in it, claiming you wanted him out from the moment you encountered success.
NG: He would say that. I hear the few bob (money) he got when he wanted to take us to court bought him a house in Ireland or something. He must have spent it all on that if he needs to write a book. He's still a s**t drummer.
DW: What would you say if you bumped into Tony now?
NG: Are you in Beady Eye?
(laughs)
DW: What does the future hold for Noel?
NG: Well, I got 30 songs written. But I won't record them for another 12 months.
DW: What about concerts? The acoustic ones in the Royal Albert Hall in London were a critical success.
NG: Yeah, was offered to do that in Carnegie Hall on New Years Eve or something. Family and that christmas time means me being at home these days. I'll do soemthing in 2012. Unless if the world ends.
DW: Badass. Thanks for taking the call Noel.
NG: A pleasure.

Get out before I kick you out. (And I'm wearing metal toe caps)
will_law25
Bonehead

Postby Lasagne101 » 30 Jan 2011, 18:39

dont shoot the messenger. i like the pretty green parkas.
Lasagne101
Bonehead

Postby Financially Ruined » 30 Jan 2011, 18:42

That's great, thanks Lasagne 8-)
Financially Ruined
Bonehead

Postby will_law25 » 30 Jan 2011, 19:03

Are you knob-heads really buying this s**t? It's as fake as a Japanese spin off of the Rugrats ffs.
will_law25
Bonehead

Postby carryusallhere » 30 Jan 2011, 19:36

it seems real enough
carryusallhere
Headshrinker

Postby Lasagne101 » 30 Jan 2011, 21:24

Well, i came across it by chance. I never heard of the interviewer. It seems real to me. Hence....why i posted it here.
Lasagne101
Bonehead

Next

Return to Liam Gallagher