Liam Gallagher to make film about final years of The Beatles

Discuss the band

Postby Nightrip » 08 May 2010, 09:50

Liam Gallagher is set to make a film about the final years of The Beatles.

The former Oasis frontman is planning to adapt The Longest Cocktail Party, a memoir written by the Beatles' "house hippy" in the 1960s, Richard DiLello.

The biopic is about the "wild rise and fall" of the band's record company Apple between the heady days of 1968 and the break-up in 1970.

The singer's older brother Noel is also said to be a fan of the book, describing it as "brilliant".

Liam Gallagher's film company, In 1 Productions, will work with UK Independent Revolution Films.

A spokesman for In 1 Productions said: "This will be a film with humour and affection, providing an insider's look at what it meant to be a young man caught up in the wild swirl of the music business, celebrities and the tail end of the swinging 60s in London."

The Gallagher brothers have made no secret of their love for The Beatles.

For their album The Masterplan, the band covered the popular Beatles hit I Am The Walrus and to celebrate 40 years since the release of Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, they recorded a version of Within You Without You.

While promoting that album, Noel said: "The Beatles were of their time... you can't compare a band from today with one from the 1960s. Music doesn't mean as much today as it did in the 1960s."

Oasis broke up in 2009 after Noel quit the band, saying he could no longer work with Liam.

:shock:
Nightrip
Bigger Than The Beatles

Postby Nowl » 08 May 2010, 10:50

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nowl
R'Kid

Nowl
R'Kid

Nowl
R'Kid

Postby oasishetlandforever » 08 May 2010, 12:06

It will probably have him narrating all clips of Lennon with "I love you I love you yer spirit is inside o me man" :?
oasishetlandforever
Bonehead

Postby H4MAD » 10 May 2010, 10:37

this news does not fill me with confidence.
H4MAD
Bonehead

Postby nicoleOASIS » 10 May 2010, 11:07

Nightrip wrote:Liam Gallagher is set to make a film about the final years of The Beatles.

The former Oasis frontman is planning to adapt The Longest Cocktail Party, a memoir written by the Beatles' "house hippy" in the 1960s, Richard DiLello.

The biopic is about the "wild rise and fall" of the band's record company Apple between the heady days of 1968 and the break-up in 1970.

The singer's older brother Noel is also said to be a fan of the book, describing it as "brilliant".

Liam Gallagher's film company, In 1 Productions, will work with UK Independent Revolution Films.

A spokesman for In 1 Productions said: "This will be a film with humour and affection, providing an insider's look at what it meant to be a young man caught up in the wild swirl of the music business, celebrities and the tail end of the swinging 60s in London."

The Gallagher brothers have made no secret of their love for The Beatles.

For their album The Masterplan, the band covered the popular Beatles hit I Am The Walrus and to celebrate 40 years since the release of Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, they recorded a version of Within You Without You.

While promoting that album, Noel said: "The Beatles were of their time... you can't compare a band from today with one from the 1960s. Music doesn't mean as much today as it did in the 1960s."

Oasis broke up in 2009 after Noel quit the band, saying he could no longer work with Liam.

:shock:

I BELIEVE THAT AN OASIS REUNION IS POSSIBLE :(
nicoleOASIS
Bonehead

Postby cigarsinhell » 10 May 2010, 23:22

Movies? Doesn't sound like Liam would have to work very hard to get into an acting role like that.
cigarsinhell
Headshrinker

Postby ChelyVonBitch » 11 May 2010, 15:05

cigarsinhell wrote:Movies? Doesn't sound like Liam would have to work very hard to get into an acting role like that.

Liam should put aside that obsession with The Beatles and have his own identity :roll:
ChelyVonBitch
Rock 'n' Roll Star

Postby carryusallhere » 11 May 2010, 15:20

apparantly Noel thinks the book (being used for this film) is brilliant , perhaps he will ask Liam for a cameo role
carryusallhere
Headshrinker

Next

Return to The Band