Beady Eye!

Discuss the band

Beady Eye!

Postby cigarsinhell » 14 Jun 2010, 22:24

Simon05 wrote:To whoever it was that wrote that Swindon leisure centre was the reason for the name; yeah I heard that too and believed it until I saw Noel G do an interview for Reebok with Ian Brown. He said that it was actually named after the 'Oasis' stall on the Underground market we used to have in Manchester.

It's not there anymore but that was the place it was named after, according to Noel.

The TRUE STORY is that one day Nole and Lion were walking along and saw a girl with one eyebrow, and naturally assumed they were closely related. Nole yelled out to her, "Oi! A Sis!"
cigarsinhell
Headshrinker

Beady Eye!

Postby oasisu214 » 21 Jun 2010, 22:06

Oasis wasn't a bad name once it caught on, so the same will most likely happen if liam's new band hits it big *cough* without noel.
oasisu214
Bonehead

Beady Eye!

Postby JakTaylor07 » 23 Jun 2010, 10:57

cigarsinhell wrote:
georgia83 wrote:i suppose Liam,little by little ,starts making a fool of himself...judging from that name then....he'll never get and be what he was in Oasis with Noel i believe .... we'll see what happens..

If Nole wants to retire, what are the other guys supposed to do? Curl up into a fetal position and die? They've all got families to feed, and there's more talent left in BDI than in 99.99999% of the bands out on the scene today. They're trying to make a go of it, and more power to them. They must have something going on if Steve Lillywhite is willing to give 'em a listen. Nole deserves to be a country gentleman if that's how he feels at this stage in his life, and do as much or as little music as he wants. It's okay to love them BOTH.

I agree.. but the argument about they have families to feed? LIAM AND NOEL ARE MULTIMILLIONAIRES XD

Gem and Andy are very well off as well. They all could have retired after WTSMG and still live alright (obv not not including gem and andy there)
JakTaylor07
Bonehead

Beady Eye!

Postby Zinkpind » 23 Jun 2010, 17:56

The few songs Liam has written for Oasis were fairly good that's why I think he's a good song writer plus Andy Bell,Gem Archer and Chris Sharrock are very talented musicians. I think that Beady Eye can make it work. Well anyhow we'll see in November when the album (or at least a single) is due, is it?
Zinkpind
Bonehead

Beady Eye!

Postby minkkjb » 25 Jun 2010, 18:58

Why would Liam Gallagher do that to Oasis?
He's ruined it. It's never going to have the same effect as 'Oasis' because everyone will hear it and think it's a joke. He should tick to writing songs, not naming bands.
minkkjb
Bonehead

Beady Eye!

Postby cigarsinhell » 03 Jul 2010, 01:57

minkkjb wrote:Why would Liam Gallagher do that to Oasis?
He's ruined it. It's never going to have the same effect as 'Oasis' because everyone will hear it and think it's a joke. He should tick to writing songs, not naming bands.

If Liam stuck with the name Oasis, everyone would be on his case because it wasn't with Noel. Our Kid really can't win the name game, so it doesn't matter what he calls his new band. As long as they cough up some decent music, that's what really counts.
cigarsinhell
Headshrinker

Beady Eye!

Postby S2B_Rocker » 03 Jul 2010, 14:33

these are my predictions

noel going solo will make his money and the BDI album will be not as good but will make its money everybody's happy.

OR...

Noel will still make his genius album but the BDI one will flop gem and andy will realise this and go back to Noel no disrespect to Liam I love the guy but I dont expect much from this album:|
S2B_Rocker
Bonehead

Beady Eye!

Postby dna » 03 Jul 2010, 17:38

Mani has said on twitter

"Music is great. Heard liam g's stuff last night. Big surprise coming at you people."

"f*cking excellent actually. Not seen liam on such free form since definitely maybe. Be prepared to be astounded."

with Noel, he prob got so many tunes rattling round, he just needs to get them produced, probably has endless amount of genius non-barre chord material..
dna
Bonehead

Beady Eye!

Postby Zinkpind » 03 Jul 2010, 18:07

Actually I can totally believe that. I mean Noel had probably written a lot of the DM & (WS?)MG material when he was a roadie with the Carpets(or maybe even before that)so why can't Liam have a few songs that he has written for a while?
Zinkpind
Bonehead

Beady Eye!

Postby cigarsinhell » 07 Jul 2010, 21:38

S2B_Rocker wrote:these are my predictions

noel going solo will make his money and the BDI album will be not as good but will make its money everybody's happy.

OR...

Noel will still make his genius album but the BDI one will flop gem and andy will realise this and go back to Noel no disrespect to Liam I love the guy but I dont expect much from this album:|

I haven't heard of Nole offering Gem or Andy a job.
cigarsinhell
Headshrinker

PreviousNext

Return to The Band