im in a rock n roll band

Discuss the band

im in a rock n roll band

Postby rulezter! » 07 Jun 2010, 00:54

Super$onic wrote:who gives a s**t, just because millions of people like something, it doesn't mean it's superior, most people are retarded and thus have no taste whatsoever, therefore popular T.V is ran by retards, for retards. Why you want your band in these pathetic, offensive lists that everyone is obsessed by conjuring up is beyond me.

Oasis fans do make me laugh, constantly badgering on about how Oasis have this divine right to be acclaimed as the best. It will never happen, simply because they are not. If people actually accepted that ok, Oasis did what they did, made their impact and some great songs, not original but carried the so called 'torch' for a while... instead of trying to compare them with greatness, greatness they have no business being uttered in the same sentence with (Beatles, The who, Clash). They were what they were, certainly in the past tense, certainly not relevant anymore and certainly not going to be given this legendary status that you all think should be handed to them.

Such status comes with originality, doing something that changed music, the direction of music or the way we interpret a genre, all Oasis did was use a formula already set in stone and use it, run with it to their advantage and slowly to their detriment. At no stage have they looked to progress, change or show individuality in their work. The best create new sounds, their predecessors then often either perfect it or offend it.

Please marry me, I think I love you :oops: . But seriously, spot on! I have no need to comment on this thread anymore. Unless I think of something very humorous to say.....
rulezter!
R'Kid

im in a rock n roll band

Postby boobaloo » 07 Jun 2010, 01:22

Super$onic wrote:who gives a s**t, just because millions of people like something, it doesn't mean it's superior, most people are retarded and thus have no taste whatsoever, therefore popular T.V is ran by retards, for retards. Why you want your band in these pathetic, offensive lists that everyone is obsessed by conjuring up is beyond me.

Oasis fans do make me laugh, constantly badgering on about how Oasis have this divine right to be acclaimed as the best. It will never happen, simply because they are not. If people actually accepted that ok, Oasis did what they did, made their impact and some great songs, not original but carried the so called 'torch' for a while... instead of trying to compare them with greatness, greatness they have no business being uttered in the same sentence with (Beatles, The who, Clash). They were what they were, certainly in the past tense, certainly not relevant anymore and certainly not going to be given this legendary status that you all think should be handed to them.

Such status comes with originality, doing something that changed music, the direction of music or the way we interpret a genre, all Oasis did was use a formula already set in stone and use it, run with it to their advantage and slowly to their detriment. At no stage have they looked to progress, change or show individuality in their work. The best create new sounds, their predecessors then often either perfect it or offend it.

Pretty much what I was thinking, but I wouldn't say that you have to be different to have a legendary status.
boobaloo
R'Kid

im in a rock n roll band

Postby SuperNovaMike » 07 Jun 2010, 03:01

Super$onic's posts are some of the most amusing on this forum. A lot of them make very valid points, but it seems like sometimes he goes over the top trying to impress everyone with his eloquent rants. That being said, I guess a little pretentiousness is better than "Gknoewelle can't play barre chords" threads.
SuperNovaMike
Headshrinker

im in a rock n roll band

Postby Wonsaponatime » 07 Jun 2010, 03:14

SuperNovaMike wrote:Super$onic's posts are some of the most amusing on this forum. A lot of them make very valid points, but it seems like sometimes he goes over the top trying to impress everyone with his eloquent rants. That being said, I guess a little pretentiousness is better than "Gknoewelle can't play barre chords" threads.

I actually thought it was funny when a video of Noel playing a barre chord was passed off as CGI.
Wonsaponatime
Site Admin

im in a rock n roll band

Postby SuperNovaMike » 07 Jun 2010, 05:31

Wonsaponatime wrote:
SuperNovaMike wrote:Super$onic's posts are some of the most amusing on this forum. A lot of them make very valid points, but it seems like sometimes he goes over the top trying to impress everyone with his eloquent rants. That being said, I guess a little pretentiousness is better than "Gknoewelle can't play barre chords" threads.

I actually thought it was funny when a video of Noel playing a barre chord was passed off as CGI.

It's amazing how far technology has advanced through the years.
SuperNovaMike
Headshrinker

im in a rock n roll band

Postby Henaz » 22 Jun 2010, 10:42

This is all very well but still subjective. What makes your criteria (which I don't necessary disagree with) for legendary status more valid then anyone elses. If the majority reckon someone's a legend then normally that's the way it is.

The best part of your post was when you say most people are retards. It's always a sign of possible madness when someone proclaims themselves sane and all others retarded..... apparently.
Henaz
Bonehead

im in a rock n roll band

Postby S2B_Rocker » 03 Jul 2010, 14:42

it mentioned Oasis for around 30 second but the thing i had a problem with was it wasnt the music, it was the controversy that doesnt seem like a proper musical show.
S2B_Rocker
Bonehead

Previous

Return to The Band