Why is Liam's clothing label, Pretty Green, so expensive?!?!

Discuss the band

Postby CHRegnery76 » 02 Jun 2010, 21:04

My Gosh, who does he think he is selling his clothes to??? Bill Gates! Who is going to pay $70 US for a T-Shirt? NOT ME!!! This is totally nuts. I think he would make a lot more money, and move more merchandise if his T-Shirts were no more than $30 US.
CHRegnery76
Bonehead

Postby Crockett » 02 Jun 2010, 21:29

I can't afford it, either. Of course, I've only seen the prices on the website...I didn't know his line was available in stores here in the US. It's clear that Liam is trying to be a "designer label", and people would think his clothes are of inferior quality if he sold them cheap. I can't afford Armani, Versace, or many of the other big designer names, but there's no doubt their quality is higher than what I buy at The Gap. $70 US for an Armani t-shirt would actually be considered a bargain. :(
Crockett
Bonehead

I can't afford it, either. Of course, I've only seen the prices on the website...I didn't know his line was available in stores here in the US. It's clear that Liam is trying to be a "designer label", and people would think his clothes are of inferior quality if he sold them cheap. I can't afford Armani, Versace, or many of the other big designer names, but there's no doubt their quality is higher than what I buy at The Gap. $70 US for an Armani t-shirt would actually be considered a bargain. :(
Crockett
Bonehead

Crockett
Bonehead

Postby cigarsinhell » 03 Jun 2010, 01:50

Liam's gear is cheap compared to Hermes.
cigarsinhell
Headshrinker

Postby Pimienta » 03 Jun 2010, 02:56

CHRegnery76 wrote:My Gosh, who does he think he is selling his clothes to??? Bill Gates! Who is going to pay $70 US for a T-Shirt? NOT ME!!! This is totally nuts. I think he would make a lot more money, and move more merchandise if his T-Shirts were no more than $30 US.

OMG, do you actually think this is the right place to moan about PG? Do me a favour and f*ck off.
I ♥ Poros.
Pimienta
Rock 'n' Roll Star

Postby nicoleOASIS » 03 Jun 2010, 10:31

CHRegnery76 wrote:My Gosh, who does he think he is selling his clothes to??? Bill Gates! Who is going to pay $70 US for a T-Shirt? NOT ME!!! This is totally nuts. I think he would make a lot more money, and move more merchandise if his T-Shirts were no more than $30 US.
nicoleOASIS
Bonehead

Postby cigarsinhell » 04 Jun 2010, 20:48

nicoleOASIS wrote:

There was some interview with Liam awhile back where he mentioned anecdotally that he and Noel had had arguments about, among other things, "selling". It's my own speculation (nothing more concrete has been said by anybody who's actually in the know) that Liam wanted to have some Pretty Green gear available for purchase at concerts, which is a sharp marketing move--imagine a few thousand fans with a Visa card and a roaring concert buzz. Noel probably drew the line at Oasis-only merchandise, and Noel always wins.

It's not a big deal--people are free to buy or not buy stuff if they want to, but as leader of the band, Noel had the final decision and everyone else should live with it. But I think it's cool that Liam has branched out into mens' fashion. Gwen Stefani, Puff Daddy, Jennifer Lopez, etc have all done it--and why not? These are all artistic, creative people with a personal flair for dressing--why not extend that talent into other fields?

I think Liam had some choices to make about the basics of Pretty Green. He could go K-Mart or he could go Hermes, the difference in quality between cheap, junk clothing and ooh-la-la designer duds. Also look at it in terms of Liam's upbringing: He was a desperately poor boy in a council house, probably wearing his older brothers' hand-me-downs. It is documented that when the Gallaghers achieved some success, they both wanted nice clothing--and who could blame them or begrudge them for it? Liam's designs are pretty much timeless mens' fashions--there's nothing shocking or flamboyant that one might expect out of a rock star. And Liam has always been into looking sharp for the ladies--what guy wouldn't want to be that successful with women?

Besides, if guys want to buy designer duds, Liam deserves the money a lot more than Calvin Klein or Armani or Valentino.
cigarsinhell
Headshrinker

Postby Staypurty! » 04 Jun 2010, 20:56

He was in Oasis, for some reason some Oasis fans want to look like him, clothes wise. So they will fork out money for crap. That is all.
Staypurty!
R'Kid

Postby cigarsinhell » 04 Jun 2010, 21:57

Staypurty wrote:He was in Oasis, for some reason some Oasis fans want to look like him, clothes wise. So they will fork out money for crap. That is all.

It's the buyer's choice. If they want to try to look like Liam (I'm a woman and I wish I was as pretty as Liam) and want to fork out the money, more power to them. Nobody is forcing them to buy the stuff, but if they want it--crap or not--there's worse things to spend money on. If they give the money to Liam, they get a cool coat or shirt. If they give it to Obama, they get boned with no vaseline. Pick your poison, mateys.
cigarsinhell
Headshrinker

Next

Return to The Band