Big come back gig???

Discuss the band

Big come back gig???

Postby timskit » 14 Nov 2010, 04:07

Sorry not been here for a while, but do you think that this whole split up is a big PR stunt? Reason I say that is that I have been a fan since they first played on the Word and somewhere I have the original vinyl of Supersonic on 12". Blur announce that there maybe a "reunite" tour next year, Take That have done the business and are coining it with Robbie being back, like they weren't coining it in for the last four year.

Strikes me that the bands have woken upto the fact that the only real market for them now is touring, that is where the wonga is.

Liam your new band is Oasis without Noel, like Pink Floyd without David Gilmour. I love Oasis, I was there at Reading when you headlined in 2000 and was there twice for the Heaton Park gigs, once with my Bro and then with my Mrs. on the second night.

Why is it that I think you will announce some kind of either a) one off gig with Noel or B) Getting back together spin in the near future?

Personally I would pay to see either but is it now that the public have taken over control of what they pay to listen too you lot are trying to manipulate that situation for maximum monetary gain? e.g. BIG STADIUM TOURS!
timskit
Bonehead

Big come back gig???

Postby cigarsinhell » 16 Nov 2010, 22:00

Oasis will reform with Noel in a few years. He will shake hands with Liam, and there will be much rejoicing and much selling of product.
cigarsinhell
Headshrinker

Big come back gig???

Oasis will reform with Noel in a few years. He will shake hands with Liam, and there will be much rejoicing and much selling of product.
cigarsinhell
Headshrinker

Big come back gig???

cigarsinhell
Headshrinker

Big come back gig???

Postby abbielovesoasis » 18 Nov 2010, 15:41

cigarsinhell wrote:Oasis will reform with Noel in a few years. He will shake hands with Liam, and there will be much rejoicing and much selling of product.

sounds good to me :P
abbielovesoasis
Bonehead

Big come back gig???

Postby cigarsinhell » 19 Nov 2010, 22:45

abbielovesoasis wrote:
cigarsinhell wrote:Oasis will reform with Noel in a few years. He will shake hands with Liam, and there will be much rejoicing and much selling of product.

Noel could have been killed in Toronto--the same incident could have happened anywhere; you go out in front of tens of thousands of people and you're taking your life in your hands. Touring is an exhausting process and The Chief doesn't need the money at the moment. I'm sure he's asked himself if it's worth the risk and the hassle after all he's given it over the years. He got rich, he got the girl, the castle, the beautiful children; if I was in his shoes, I'd retire, too. At least for awhile, until my ego got me off my butt. I've wondered if Noel was testing the waters when he'd said in the press that he wanted a five-year break, since commenting in the media seems to be the most effective way of communicating with Liam--then Liam answered back with, "I'm not 'avin' it!" Oh, yes, you ARE 'aving' it, sez the Chief. I think Noel wanted Liam to know it wasn't his choice to make. When Noel rejoins the band, Liam will be easier to control--and the Chief KNOWS it. It's all a part of his Masterplan.
cigarsinhell
Headshrinker

Big come back gig???

Postby cigarsinhell » 15 Dec 2010, 02:44

How many bands have you seen broken up over the years and everybody hated each other, everybody sucked, and everybody wished each other was dead? The answer is: MOST OF THEM. Then a few years later, guess who is back in the studio, back on the road, blah blah blah?
cigarsinhell
Headshrinker

Big come back gig???

Postby georgia83 » 23 Oct 2011, 19:00

abbielovesoasis wrote:

yep,these are my thoughts as well...we have signals for this..Noel has already admitted he regretted moving away...i believe ,some day,in the years to come,Noel will startle the press and the music world by joining his former band and by shaking hands with little brother:d !it will be fantastic.
and,i dont think their split was a PR stunt.......:roll: .
georgia83
Rock 'n' Roll Star

Return to The Band