Would really like some help from dedicated Oasis fans

Discuss the band

Postby Laura33333 » 05 Apr 2011, 15:48

Hello, I am a final year University student and my final project is going to be on the mainstream popularity of Britpop.

I am hoping some people here would be able to help give me a fans view of one the most important bands within Britpop, Oasis. It would be great to have some feedback on why you liked and supported the band. I have four questions below, which you can answer as detailed or briefly as you like. I would be really grateful for any feedback and any infomation will be confidential. If you want to message me for any details, please feel free. As I said any help would be great, as I'm sick of reading books by journalists and would love to hear actual fans thought on the bands.

Here are the Questions
1. What was it about Oasis that first made you a fan?

2. Were there any style features (i.e. clothing, haircuts ect) that you associated with Oasis, and if so, did you engage with these styles?

3. Did you sense a overtly British philosophy within the bands music and attitude?

4. Did press coverage influence your thoughts on the band?

Thanks again
Laura33333
Bonehead

Postby Artemisia » 05 Apr 2011, 19:25

1. The music.
2. No.
3. No ... well, there certainly was - but I didn't care.
4. No.
Artemisia
Bigger Than The Beatles

1. The music.
2. No.
4. No.
Artemisia
Bigger Than The Beatles

1. The music.
2. No.
4. No.
Artemisia
Bigger Than The Beatles

Postby Greg House » 05 Apr 2011, 21:36

1. I first saw them on The Word. They were playing Supersonic, I think, and about half way through I caught sight of a black guy in the audience who clearly wasn't enjoying himself as much as the rest of the white folk in the crowd. I thought to myself "Hey, I'm pretty white. And I'm from Manchester. These guys are like me." I immediately went out and bought their debut album.

2. When I first saw The 'Sis, I thought they looked like the bollocks. Smart, effortlessly cool. I was so impressed I went out and got my hair cut like Liam's.

3. Yeah I did. It was a madferrit, do what you wanna do kind of attitude and if anyone didn't like it, well, tough shyt. If you wanted to go to a concert and throw piss around then I was gonna fucken do it. Bollocks to what other people think.

4. Yeah, like I'm gonna let some guy in a suit tell me what to do and what to think. f**k off!
Greg House
R'Kid

Postby R.9 » 05 Apr 2011, 22:18

Greg House wrote:1. I first saw them on The Word. They were playing Supersonic, I think, and about half way through I caught sight of a black guy in the audience who clearly wasn't enjoying himself as much as the rest of the white folk in the crowd. I thought to myself "Hey, I'm pretty white. And I'm from Manchester. These guys are like me." I immediately went out and bought their debut album.

2. When I first saw The 'Sis, I thought they looked like the bollocks. Smart, effortlessly cool. I was so impressed I went out and got my hair cut like Liam's.

3. Yeah I did. It was a madferrit, do what you wanna do kind of attitude and if anyone didn't like it, well, tough shyt. If you wanted to go to a concert and throw piss around then I was gonna fucken do it. Bollocks to what other people think.

4. Yeah, like I'm gonna let some guy in a suit tell me what to do and what to think. f**k off!

:lol:
R.9
Headshrinker

Postby Greg House » 09 Apr 2011, 09:34

bump
Greg House
R'Kid

Postby lap2 » 09 Apr 2011, 13:08

Greg House wrote:1. I first saw them on The Word. They were playing Supersonic, I think, and about half way through I caught sight of a black guy in the audience who clearly wasn't enjoying himself as much as the rest of the white folk in the crowd. I thought to myself "Hey, I'm pretty white. And I'm from Manchester. These guys are like me." I immediately went out and bought their debut album.2. When I first saw The 'Sis, I thought they looked like the bollocks. Smart, effortlessly cool. I was so impressed I went out and got my hair cut like Liam's.

The album was not released when they appeared on The Word
lap2
Bonehead

Postby Greg House » 09 Apr 2011, 19:37

lap2 wrote:
Greg House wrote:1. I first saw them on The Word. They were playing Supersonic, I think, and about half way through I caught sight of a black guy in the audience who clearly wasn't enjoying himself as much as the rest of the white folk in the crowd. I thought to myself "Hey, I'm pretty white. And I'm from Manchester. These guys are like me." I immediately went out and bought their debut album.2. When I first saw The 'Sis, I thought they looked like the bollocks. Smart, effortlessly cool. I was so impressed I went out and got my hair cut like Liam's.

The album was not released when they appeared on The Word

It was a repeat.
Greg House
R'Kid

Postby LeahLovesLiam2207 » 10 Apr 2011, 18:36

1. Because my brother loved them and then I listened to (What's The Story) Morning Glory? And fell in love :)
2. In a way, Liam seemed to like to wear sunglasses (Yellow tinted on more than 2 interviews I've seen) but nope
3. Yeah I did, it was one of the reasons I loved them so much
4. Nope, I loved the music and I didn't really read what the press reported about them
LeahLovesLiam2207
Bonehead

Next

Return to The Band