Oasis and The Beatles

Discuss the band

Oasis and The Beatles

Postby tefi66 » 19 Oct 2011, 02:37

Hi guys, the thing is that I'm doing my extended essay (my senior year project) about the influence of the Beatles on Oasis, to be more specific, on the album What's the story? MOrning glory and I know every one hear is an expert on Oasis so I will really appreciate if you could help me giving me your opinion or giving me a way to communicate with the band (like an e-mail or something) THANK YOOOU!
tefi66
Bonehead

Oasis and The Beatles

Postby carryusallhere » 21 Oct 2011, 14:44

Oasis sounded like the beatles might have done if they had been performing live in 1994, thats my view because when I heard WHATEVER I got hooked on oasis. I saw the Beatles live in 1963 and 1964. Anyway most of the critics who moan about Noel's lyrics should remember a few of John and Pauls. like I want to hold you hand or she loves me yeah yeah she loves me yeah yeah. The point is they are simple to remember have catchy hooks and choruses and its fun to sing along. Music does not have to be complicated to be enjoyed. Good music makes most people feel good and there is plenty around to suit all tastes. I was/am a massive Beatles fan yet I was taught classical music and played a violin. My Dad could never understand that, but when John Lennon died he rang me to ask if I was all right, so in that moment the generation gap was healed. I have seen Oasis 12 times and would dearly love a ticket to see Noel. Oasis appeared in my life at a critical time as I was suffering redundancy depression and "Don't look back in Anger" and "Whatever" became my mantra! Noel's songs are influenced by many more 60's bands than the Beatles such as Kinks, Led Zeppelin, Status Quo, The Rolling STones to name a few. Hope some of this helps in your essay
carryusallhere
Headshrinker

Oasis and The Beatles

Oasis sounded like the beatles might have done if they had been performing live in 1994, thats my view because when I heard WHATEVER I got hooked on oasis. I saw the Beatles live in 1963 and 1964. Anyway most of the critics who moan about Noel's lyrics should remember a few of John and Pauls. like I want to hold you hand or she loves me yeah yeah she loves me yeah yeah. The point is they are simple to remember have catchy hooks and choruses and its fun to sing along. Music does not have to be complicated to be enjoyed. Good music makes most people feel good and there is plenty around to suit all tastes. I was/am a massive Beatles fan yet I was taught classical music and played a violin. My Dad could never understand that, but when John Lennon died he rang me to ask if I was all right, so in that moment the generation gap was healed. I have seen Oasis 12 times and would dearly love a ticket to see Noel. Oasis appeared in my life at a critical time as I was suffering redundancy depression and "Don't look back in Anger" and "Whatever" became my mantra! Noel's songs are influenced by many more 60's bands than the Beatles such as Kinks, Led Zeppelin, Status Quo, The Rolling STones to name a few. Hope some of this helps in your essay
carryusallhere
Headshrinker

Oasis and The Beatles

carryusallhere
Headshrinker

Oasis and The Beatles

Postby tefi66 » 22 Oct 2011, 00:05

carryusallhere wrote:Oasis sounded like the beatles might have done if they had been performing live in 1994, thats my view because when I heard WHATEVER I got hooked on oasis. I saw the Beatles live in 1963 and 1964. Anyway most of the critics who moan about Noel's lyrics should remember a few of John and Pauls. like I want to hold you hand or she loves me yeah yeah she loves me yeah yeah. The point is they are simple to remember have catchy hooks and choruses and its fun to sing along. Music does not have to be complicated to be enjoyed. Good music makes most people feel good and there is plenty around to suit all tastes. I was/am a massive Beatles fan yet I was taught classical music and played a violin. My Dad could never understand that, but when John Lennon died he rang me to ask if I was all right, so in that moment the generation gap was healed. I have seen Oasis 12 times and would dearly love a ticket to see Noel. Oasis appeared in my life at a critical time as I was suffering redundancy depression and "Don't look back in Anger" and "Whatever" became my mantra! Noel's songs are influenced by many more 60's bands than the Beatles such as Kinks, Led Zeppelin, Status Quo, The Rolling STones to name a few. Hope some of this helps in your essay

THANKS!!!! Of course it helps :D
tefi66
Bonehead

Return to The Band