Page 4 of 5

Noel's J-200 question

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2009, 20:41
by JacobDobner
Then why did you say Noel's acoustics were two J-150s?

To llcooljeb: J-200JRs aren't vintage. You'd be better off finding them used in a Guitar Center or another big chain store that sells used guitars. Also gbase.com or ebay. I know Guitar Center can check all other Guitar Center's used inventory and have it shipped to their store.

There is this one that is out of your price range, I assume. http://www.gbase.com/Stores/Gear/GearDe ... em=1786592

Very very rare though. I've never seen one in person.

Noel's J-200 question

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2009, 20:46
by 514FMK
I said it because of the article in guitar magazine, I was convinced it was a J-150.

Noel's J-200 question

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2009, 20:58
by llcooljeb
JacobDobner wrote:Then why did you say Noel's acoustics were two J-150s?

To llcooljeb: J-200JRs aren't vintage. You'd be better off finding them used in a Guitar Center or another big chain store that sells used guitars. Also gbase.com or ebay. I know Guitar Center can check all other Guitar Center's used inventory and have it shipped to their store.

There is this one that is out of your price range, I assume. http://www.gbase.com/Stores/Gear/GearDe ... em=1786592

Very very rare though. I've never seen one in person.


I just meant vintage shops hoping someone had traded them in. I'm on the reserve list at several places that are watching out for me. Vintage shops sadly seem like the only places that are even aware of their existence. I had to explain to a dude at guitar center that I was talking about an instrument that had been discontinued. Thanks for your help though. I'd never heard of gbase before.

Noel's J-200 question

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2009, 21:00
by JacobDobner
I understand now. Guitar Center sucks. There is normally one guy in each guitar center that knows what they are doing. You can also search all Guitar Center's inventory on their website.

Gbase is a great site. It can be expensive, but I've found incredible deals.

Noel's J-200 question

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2009, 00:17
by robespierre
Here's my J200JR:

Image

Noel's J-200 question

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2009, 17:02
by llcooljeb
robespierre wrote:Here's my J200JR:

Image


ha give it to me.

Noel's J-200 question

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2009, 15:27
by joshhobbs
That looks smaller than Noel's. I still think both of his are J200s.

Noel's J-200 question

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2009, 17:53
by JacobDobner
Juniors, J-150s, and J-185s don't have binding on the headstock. If it has binding on the headstock it is a J-200.

Noel's J-200 question

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2009, 22:13
by robespierre
joshhobbs wrote:That looks smaller than Noel's. I still think both of his are J200s.


Noel DOES have a J200. But the one that you see him playing the most, the one with the Adidas sticker on it, that's a J200 JR. I'm 100% positive. Watch the YouTube concerts, the acoustic sets with Gem, that's a J200 JR.

Noel's J-200 question

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2009, 23:18
by JacobDobner
robespierre wrote:
joshhobbs wrote:That looks smaller than Noel's. I still think both of his are J200s.


Noel DOES have a J200. But the one that you see him playing the most, the one with the Adidas sticker on it, that's a J200 JR. I'm 100% positive. Watch the YouTube concerts, the acoustic sets with Gem, that's a J200 JR.


Agreed.

And for the record, I know robespierre knows this, this thread is about the J-200 that is probably an artists series..

Image