Multi-Effects Pedals

Discuss the band's gear

Multi-Effects Pedals

Postby SuperNovaMike » 15 Sep 2009, 13:21

Walesy04 wrote:
SuperNovaMike wrote:
Walesy04 wrote:Just bought this off the net - wont be getting it for a couple of days - u got any advice for usin it??

Definitely take some time to read to manual. I just plugged it in when I first got it and started playing. About an hour later I read the manual and realized I had missed a whole lot of stuff that I didn't even know was there. I takes a little getting used to, but after you figure it out it's awesome.

Cheers man, do u know how to record it onto the PC? I thought thats what the software would have done, but thats just basically the pedal on the screen as far as I can see? Tried using cubase, but nothing comes up when i press record... ive installed all the drivers etc... nothing ever works the way you want. The effects on this thing as class tho. hours of fun ahead.

Yeah, the software it comes with is just to edit the settings of the pedal. I'm recording with it using the Audacity program. I couldn't get it to work at first either. After I hooked it up and I couldn't get it to record, I went to "edit preferences" in Audacity. I had to change the recording device the program was using over to my pedal. There was a window to click on which recording device I wanted to use and my computer recognized the digitech pedal as soon as a plugged in the USB cord. From there I just clicked the pedal as the recording device and it records perfectly. I don't know how Cubase works, but you probably just have to edit some of the preferences since it is a USB connection.
SuperNovaMike
Headshrinker

Multi-Effects Pedals

Postby Walesy04 » 15 Sep 2009, 16:57

SuperNovaMike wrote:
Walesy04 wrote:
SuperNovaMike wrote:
Walesy04 wrote:Just bought this off the net - wont be getting it for a couple of days - u got any advice for usin it??

Definitely take some time to read to manual. I just plugged it in when I first got it and started playing. About an hour later I read the manual and realized I had missed a whole lot of stuff that I didn't even know was there. I takes a little getting used to, but after you figure it out it's awesome.

Cheers man, do u know how to record it onto the PC? I thought thats what the software would have done, but thats just basically the pedal on the screen as far as I can see? Tried using cubase, but nothing comes up when i press record... ive installed all the drivers etc... nothing ever works the way you want. The effects on this thing as class tho. hours of fun ahead.

Yeah, the software it comes with is just to edit the settings of the pedal. I'm recording with it using the Audacity program. I couldn't get it to work at first either. After I hooked it up and I couldn't get it to record, I went to "edit preferences" in Audacity. I had to change the recording device the program was using over to my pedal. There was a window to click on which recording device I wanted to use and my computer recognized the digitech pedal as soon as a plugged in the USB cord. From there I just clicked the pedal as the recording device and it records perfectly. I don't know how Cubase works, but you probably just have to edit some of the preferences since it is a USB connection.

I tried Audicity aswell, I'll have a footer about with the settings when i get in from work and let u know. cheers 4 the help.
Walesy04
Bonehead

Multi-Effects Pedals

Postby SuperNovaMike » 15 Sep 2009, 18:56

Walesy04 wrote:
SuperNovaMike wrote:
Walesy04 wrote:
SuperNovaMike wrote:

I tried Audicity aswell, I'll have a footer about with the settings when i get in from work and let u know. cheers 4 the help.

no problem, I hope you get it to work.
SuperNovaMike
Headshrinker

Multi-Effects Pedals

Postby Walesy04 » 16 Sep 2009, 10:53

working now - result!
Walesy04
Bonehead

Multi-Effects Pedals

Postby SuperNovaMike » 16 Sep 2009, 13:22

Walesy04 wrote:working now - result!

8)
SuperNovaMike
Headshrinker

Multi-Effects Pedals

Postby chewy515 » 17 Sep 2009, 12:41

dont get a zoom g2 or g2.1 (with pedal) dog s**t and if you've got a decent sounding guitar and amp you wont get able to hear it because the fx takes over everything.

it active rather than passive so it doesnt work with your sound, it makes up its own sound. and 90% of them are s**t.
chewy515
Bonehead

Multi-Effects Pedals

Postby chewy515 » 17 Sep 2009, 12:43

if you're doing some recording, just get the essential pedals. i get most of my boss pedals off ebay.

but remember, a lot of editing software can add great effects so you just need guitar. do your own over drive though.
chewy515
Bonehead

Previous

Return to The Gear