Multi-Effects Pedals

Discuss the band's gear

Multi-Effects Pedals

Postby benmac_1980 » 24 Aug 2009, 01:47

I had a Digitech RP250 pedal once & it was an awful sounding pedal. It sounded to digital to me especially the distortions. The only decent thing about it was the Wah pedal which sounded good & the tuner. In the end I only ever used it for the tuner & once I could afford to buy something better I sold it. I couldn't wait to get rid of it. I went on to buy a Pod XT Live which is a nice multi-effects pedal but even that had its flaws. I've now started building up a pedal board after years of using multi-effects units. Theres just no beating the real pedals & amps at the end of the day. If I had to recomend an effects unit though I'd say get a Boss GT-6. I had one & at the time I loved it. I regreted selling it. You could pick one up for just over a 100 on ebay now.
benmac_1980
Bonehead

Multi-Effects Pedals

Postby SuperNovaMike » 24 Aug 2009, 02:08

benmac_1980 wrote:I had a Digitech RP250 pedal once & it was an awful sounding pedal. It sounded to digital to me especially the distortions. The only decent thing about it was the Wah pedal which sounded good & the tuner. In the end I only ever used it for the tuner & once I could afford to buy something better I sold it. I couldn't wait to get rid of it. I went on to buy a Pod XT Live which is a nice multi-effects pedal but even that had its flaws. I've now started building up a pedal board after years of using multi-effects units. Theres just no beating the real pedals & amps at the end of the day. If I had to recomend an effects unit though I'd say get a Boss GT-6. I had one & at the time I loved it. I regreted selling it. You could pick one up for just over a 100 on ebay now.

That's so weird, I've been reading reviews from people and a lot of them said that the wah was their least favorite part. I appreciate the input. I'll probably give it a shot anyway, cos like I said, I can get my money back if I don't like it. But thanks! It's always good to hear someones opinion that has actually used the gear.
SuperNovaMike
Headshrinker

Multi-Effects Pedals

Postby Jimmy the Monkey » 29 Aug 2009, 19:17

Check Guitar Rig3 by Native instruments. Its epic.
Jimmy the Monkey
Bonehead

Multi-Effects Pedals

Postby clapton 94 » 30 Aug 2009, 14:05

zoom g1x is pretty cool
clapton 94
Bonehead

Multi-Effects Pedals

Postby SuperNovaMike » 02 Sep 2009, 03:48

Just got this thing in the mail today.

http://www.digitech.com/products/Multi- ... /RP155.php

I must say that I didn't expect this to be as good as it is. You can just program in all your settings of amps and FX that it has and save each one so you can easily find it later. The one I just saved is a Hiwatt '69 custom amp through a 1960 Marshall 4x12 Greenback cab, with TS9 tubescreamer, Boss Delay, a little bit of Fender reverb, and a compressor.(yes it has all of those things and WAY more. And they actually sound pretty accurate, especially when you take the time to mess around with all of the settings). This thing has a stereo output and I've got it running through two tube amps. Sounds damn good I must say. I was going through all of the different amp types and put it on Marshall JCM 800 and then JCM 900. I played Acquiesce on both of those settings, running through the two tube amps, and it sounded great.

The only two bad things I have found so far are:
1) There is no on/off switch, so you have to unplug the adapter when you're not using it, which is a pain in the ass.

2) You need to buy an "expression pedal" to properly use the different types of wah's it has.

Bottom line is: I don't think you can beat this for 100 bucks.
SuperNovaMike
Headshrinker

Multi-Effects Pedals

Postby gbbattery.com » 02 Sep 2009, 07:36

:shock:
gbbattery.com
Bonehead

Multi-Effects Pedals

Postby Walesy04 » 11 Sep 2009, 08:21

Just bought this off the net - wont be getting it for a couple of days - u got any advice for usin it??
Walesy04
Bonehead

Multi-Effects Pedals

Postby Digsys Cigarettes and Alcohol » 11 Sep 2009, 09:58

Jimmy the Monkey wrote:Check Guitar Rig3 by Native instruments. Its epic.

Absolutely amazing program! Use it for all my studio recordings!
Digsys Cigarettes and Alcohol
Bonehead

Multi-Effects Pedals

Postby SuperNovaMike » 12 Sep 2009, 19:52

Walesy04 wrote:Just bought this off the net - wont be getting it for a couple of days - u got any advice for usin it??

Definitely take some time to read to manual. I just plugged it in when I first got it and started playing. About an hour later I read the manual and realized I had missed a whole lot of stuff that I didn't even know was there. I takes a little getting used to, but after you figure it out it's awesome.
SuperNovaMike
Headshrinker

Multi-Effects Pedals

Postby Walesy04 » 15 Sep 2009, 08:45

SuperNovaMike wrote:
Walesy04 wrote:Just bought this off the net - wont be getting it for a couple of days - u got any advice for usin it??

Definitely take some time to read to manual. I just plugged it in when I first got it and started playing. About an hour later I read the manual and realized I had missed a whole lot of stuff that I didn't even know was there. I takes a little getting used to, but after you figure it out it's awesome.

Cheers man, do u know how to record it onto the PC? I thought thats what the software would have done, but thats just basically the pedal on the screen as far as I can see? Tried using cubase, but nothing comes up when i press record... ive installed all the drivers etc... nothing ever works the way you want. The effects on this thing as class tho. hours of fun ahead.
Walesy04
Bonehead

PreviousNext

Return to The Gear