NOEL'S USE OF THE FENDER TELECATSER

Discuss the band's gear

Postby stevo-smfc@hotmail.com » 06 Sep 2009, 22:18

JORDIE,CAN YOU POST PICTURES OF NOEL'S TELE'S,THE SONGS'S HE USED THE TELE ON AND HOW HE GOT THE DUAL HUMBUCKERS ON THE TELE'S.

MOSTLY THE TELE SEEN IN THE SHOCK OF THE LIGHTING VID.

HUMBUCKERS WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO FIT IN THERE.

BASICALLY JUST ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT NOELS USE OF THE TELE IN HERE.
stevo-smfc@hotmail.com
Big Mouth

Postby jordiegallagher » 07 Sep 2009, 08:32

i dont know how to post pics on here but
these are all the teles noel has used
1.fender tele sunburst 1997(recording be here now)
2.fender thinline tele natural 1999-2000(recording standing)
3.fender tele pink paisely 2000-2003(live)
4.fender tele creme dual humbuckers 2004-2009(live and studio)
5.fender tele creme live(2000)
6.fender tele weird natural colour(recording dig out your soul)

songs he uses telecasters on

---------------------------------
1.most songs on be here now for a clean sound.(there were lots of guitar overdubs on that album)
2.standing on the shoulders recording and it sounds like he used his thinline tele on roll it over and it sounds clear on the solo.
3.fender paisely tele wonderwall and dont look back in anger and go let it out
4.fender tele sunburst where did it all go wrong and sunday morning call and go let it out.
5.fender tele cream (used for steve mariot tribute gig 2000)
6.fender paisley tele used on heathen chemistry tour on dont look back in anger occasionaly and go let it out.
7.fender tele cream dual humbuckers (used to have an adidas sticker on the guitar).use on tour on bring it on down and occasionaly meaning of soul. and it was used on ian browns song keep what youve got.
8. fender tele cream dual humbuckers used on shock of the lightning video.
9. and tele used in studio on dig out your soul.

dual humbuckers
--------------------
i think you can put any pick ups on fender telecaters but you have to get a scratchplate to fit the humbuckers. im sure you could rig it up anyway. my bet would have been on jason rhoads rigging and making it work for him. after all it is his job.
hope this helps
jordie
jordiegallagher
Headshrinker

1.most songs on be here now for a clean sound.(there were lots of guitar overdubs on that album)
2.standing on the shoulders recording and it sounds like he used his thinline tele on roll it over and it sounds clear on the solo.
4.fender tele sunburst where did it all go wrong and sunday morning call and go let it out.
6.fender paisley tele used on heathen chemistry tour on dont look back in anger occasionaly and go let it out.
7.fender tele cream dual humbuckers (used to have an adidas sticker on the guitar).use on tour on bring it on down and occasionaly meaning of soul. and it was used on ian browns song keep what youve got.

dual humbuckers
--------------------
i think you can put any pick ups on fender telecaters but you have to get a scratchplate to fit the humbuckers. im sure you could rig it up anyway. my bet would have been on jason rhoads rigging and making it work for him. after all it is his job.
hope this helps
jordie
jordiegallagher
Headshrinker

dual humbuckers
--------------------
hope this helps
jordie
jordiegallagher
Headshrinker

Postby Rfender » 07 Sep 2009, 18:52

stevo-smfc@hotmail.com wrote:JORDIE,CAN YOU POST PICTURES OF NOEL'S TELE'S,THE SONGS'S HE USED THE TELE ON AND HOW HE GOT THE DUAL HUMBUCKERS ON THE TELE'S.

MOSTLY THE TELE SEEN IN THE SHOCK OF THE LIGHTING VID.

HUMBUCKERS WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO FIT IN THERE.

BASICALLY JUST ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT NOELS USE OF THE TELE IN HERE.

Its magic! Or wait , what Jordie said.
Rfender
Bonehead

Postby supersonic 93 » 07 Sep 2009, 19:23

I remember reading an interview with Noel, he was talking about how he fitted his tele with les paul pickups.
supersonic 93
Bonehead

Postby SuperNovaMike » 09 Sep 2009, 06:26

I just had a 3 paragraph response to this with 5 links to pictures and I hit the back button by mistake and lost it all. I can't be bothered to write it all again. Most of Jordie's comments are correct.

I might add that Noel played a Tele deluxe on the Tonight Show here in the States when they played Where Did it All Go Wrong. You can tell the deluxe from the regular models because it has cream binding around the top. The Tele's with the humbuckers in the neck position can be bought from almost any Fender dealer. You can get them with a mini humbucker at the neck position or a full sized humbucker at the neck position and the single coil at the bridge inside that metal thing.(like one of the ones Kieth Richards has. Joe Perry from Aerosmith has one too.).

Then there are the one's that have dual full sized humbuckers. You can buy those already made like that too. The have them in both solid body and thinline versions (thinline ones have a f-hole at the top.)I don't know if Noel had the pickups put in custom or not, but you can definitely buy a factory stock Telecaster with any of those pickup configurations.
SuperNovaMike
Headshrinker

Return to The Gear