Orange Tiny Terror

Discuss the band's gear

Orange Tiny Terror

Postby SuperNovaMike » 22 Sep 2009, 08:36

Anyone played through one of these little guys?
SuperNovaMike
Headshrinker

Orange Tiny Terror

Postby Rfender » 22 Sep 2009, 13:47

Yesh.
Saturday i went with a mate of mine to a guitar store and played on this one , the combo version.
It sounds very good , great chunks of rythm overdrive. Though it only has 1 knob who does the entire EQ.

Played it with an Gibson Les Paul , great combo
Rfender
Bonehead

Orange Tiny Terror

Yesh.
Saturday i went with a mate of mine to a guitar store and played on this one , the combo version.
It sounds very good , great chunks of rythm overdrive. Though it only has 1 knob who does the entire EQ.

Rfender
Bonehead

Orange Tiny Terror

Yesh.

Rfender
Bonehead

Orange Tiny Terror

Postby SuperNovaMike » 22 Sep 2009, 15:30

Rfender wrote:Yesh.

Yeah I saw the combo version too. This thing looks pretty good. They also have a hand wired version that is supposed to have a wider frequency or something. There is also a 2 channel version, but those are more expensive obviously. Do you know what kind of speaker is in the combo?
SuperNovaMike
Headshrinker

Orange Tiny Terror

Postby Rfender » 22 Sep 2009, 15:53

Thomann.de is your friend.
http://www.thomann.de/gb/orange_tiny_terror_combo.htm

A Celestion Celestion G12H Anniversary 30W speaker. I dont know alot about the differences of speakers though.

Why do you want the orange? Home use? or Gigging?
Rfender
Bonehead

Orange Tiny Terror

Postby SuperNovaMike » 22 Sep 2009, 16:13

Rfender wrote:Thomann.de is your friend.

A Celestion Celestion G12H Anniversary 30W speaker. I dont know alot about the differences of speakers though.

yes :d And recording too! That's why I like the switchable watts from 15 to 7. Cheers Rfender!
SuperNovaMike
Headshrinker

Orange Tiny Terror

Postby Rfender » 22 Sep 2009, 17:07

SuperNovaMike wrote:
Rfender wrote:Thomann.de is your friend.

yes :d And recording too! That's why I like the switchable watts from 15 to 7. Cheers Rfender!

Yes , well i wanna know how loud it is because i dont wanna be limited to studio/bedroom when i spend 600 euros on an amp ;)
When i tested it i couldnt crank it up , didnt had time for that and that would go way to loud for the little room i was in while testing.
Rfender
Bonehead

Orange Tiny Terror

Postby SuperNovaMike » 22 Sep 2009, 17:57

I still don't know what to get. That Orange head, A blues Jr., and an AC-15 are all in that price range. I've owned a Blues Jr. before and it honestly wasn't that great (at least to me). I've got 3 other tube amps, 2 Fenders and that old Silvertone one. I think I need a British one next.
SuperNovaMike
Headshrinker

Orange Tiny Terror

Postby Rfender » 22 Sep 2009, 19:05

SuperNovaMike wrote:I still don't know what to get. That Orange head, A blues Jr., and an AC-15 are all in that price range. I've owned a Blues Jr. before and it honestly wasn't that great (at least to me). I've got 3 other tube amps, 2 Fenders and that old Silvertone one. I think I need a British one next.

You do ;)

I agree with the blues junior wich is a great amp but not what i wanted.
I think the Vox is compareble to a Blues Junior even though 1 is british and the other from america : 15 watts clean and it can be crunchy when turned up but not a real strong (by example) early Oasis rock n roll sound.

I suggest the Orange and maybe you should check out the Marshall Haze wich is a 15 watt head or 40 watt combo full tube and costs like 700 dollar or something? I havent tried the marshall but it might be what your looking for
Rfender
Bonehead

Next

Return to The Gear