Orange Tiny Terror

Discuss the band's gear

Orange Tiny Terror

Postby SuperNovaMike » 22 Sep 2009, 19:11

I've been wondering about those Marshall Haze amps. I haven't heard anyone say anything about them. There isn't any around here yet, so I can't try it out. If I got it, I would have to order it, which is never fun to get something without playing it first. Any reviews anywhere online?
SuperNovaMike
Headshrinker

Orange Tiny Terror

Postby Rfender » 22 Sep 2009, 20:31

SuperNovaMike wrote:I've been wondering about those Marshall Haze amps. I haven't heard anyone say anything about them. There isn't any around here yet, so I can't try it out. If I got it, I would have to order it, which is never fun to get something without playing it first. Any reviews anywhere online?

Same here , it is not in any guitar store here where i have been yet.

Anyway demos:

This guy plays some Oasis riffs on it more on clean with an edge though not really distorted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chlYRfDvDF8

This one compares it to a vox head:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywfs6Rh2qqU

It might give you an idea ;)

Goodluck with it
Rfender
Bonehead

Orange Tiny Terror

Postby SuperNovaMike » 23 Sep 2009, 20:22

Rfender wrote:
SuperNovaMike wrote:I've been wondering about those Marshall Haze amps. I haven't heard anyone say anything about them. There isn't any around here yet, so I can't try it out. If I got it, I would have to order it, which is never fun to get something without playing it first. Any reviews anywhere online?

Same here , it is not in any guitar store here where i have been yet.

Anyway demos:

This guy plays some Oasis riffs on it more on clean with an edge though not really distorted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chlYRfDvDF8

This one compares it to a vox head:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywfs6Rh2qqU

It might give you an idea ;)

Goodluck with it

nice. thanks for the links man.
SuperNovaMike
Headshrinker

Orange Tiny Terror

Postby clapton 94 » 25 Sep 2009, 19:57

:?: :| can u stick that on any cabinet??? cos i found a bigass ibanez cabinet in a cash coverter for likee 200, n i didnt know wherether it wud work. Will it?
clapton 94
Bonehead

Orange Tiny Terror

Postby SuperNovaMike » 25 Sep 2009, 21:18

Rapture 94 wrote::?: :| can u stick that on any cabinet??? cos i found a bigass ibanez cabinet in a cash coverter for likee 200, n i didnt know wherether it wud work. Will it?

yeah you can plug it into any cabinet.
SuperNovaMike
Headshrinker

Orange Tiny Terror

Postby Rfender » 26 Sep 2009, 07:33

SuperNovaMike wrote:
Rapture 94 wrote::?: :| can u stick that on any cabinet??? cos i found a bigass ibanez cabinet in a cash coverter for likee 200, n i didnt know wherether it wud work. Will it?

yeah you can plug it into any cabinet.

Yep just know that the cab should the same amount or more watts.
And the thing with Ohm. Otherwise you might blow something up ;)
Rfender
Bonehead

Orange Tiny Terror

Postby googs » 26 Sep 2009, 22:33

Like the other guys said, it will work but make sure the cab can handle the output, and the ohms match. For example if the head is 16ohms out the speakers should be 16ohms. You can put a 16ohm head into 8ohm speakers, but never put and 8ohm head into 16ohm speakers.

Also, having experience specifically with Orange amps, not all cabs are created equally!!!! The speakers make a world of difference. When I first got my Orange AD30 a few years back the company sent me some temporary cab, and the amp sounded like a pile of s**t. I was VERY disappointed with my new purchase and kind of regretted buying it. A few weeks later my proper cab arrived and the difference was night and day. It went from sounding muddy and unable to take effects, to sounding clear and powerful and the effects sounded great.

So if you can, try out the cab with the head before you buy it. Just because the power output and ohms match doesn't mean it's going to sound good.
googs
Bonehead

Previous

Return to The Gear