Orange Amps

Discuss the band's gear

Orange Amps

Postby Rfender » 02 Oct 2009, 20:13

Anyone got one? Share experience.

Soon they will release the dual terror wich costs 600 euro. switchable between 7 , 15 and 30 watt so usefull at any situation i guess.

Never had any Orange amp before so iam curious about your opinions.
Rfender
Bonehead

Orange Amps

Postby googs » 03 Oct 2009, 20:53

I own an Orange AD30 and I love it! As you can hear from this clip it sounds wonderful when you push the gain a bit. I play with a lot of effects, mostly delay and reverb...healthy doses of both...and it sounds great. From my experience playing it through different cabs, it all depends on cab/speakers though. you put it through shitty speakers and it sounds like a pile of ass. The best I've had it sound is with the Orange 4x12 cab with Celestion speakers.

I have very little experience with the newer Orange amps, though I did play an AD30 combo once at a gig cos my amp crapped out moments before taking the stage and had to use another bands amp. In my opinion it sounded like s**t compared to mine. I've also played a much older 70's era Orange during a recording session and it was AMAZING. Ten thousand times better than my amp, and I love my amp.

The best I can say is try one out! Not all Oranges are created equally (I personally have a hard time taking the Tiny Terror and those little combos seriously). You won't know if it's the right amp for you until you play one. Go to the store, take YOUR guitar (this is key), get the sales guy to set up the same effects you use at home and play it. You'll know pretty quick if it's what you're looking for.
googs
Bonehead

Orange Amps

I own an Orange AD30 and I love it! As you can hear from this clip it sounds wonderful when you push the gain a bit. I play with a lot of effects, mostly delay and reverb...healthy doses of both...and it sounds great. From my experience playing it through different cabs, it all depends on cab/speakers though. you put it through shitty speakers and it sounds like a pile of ass. The best I've had it sound is with the Orange 4x12 cab with Celestion speakers.

I have very little experience with the newer Orange amps, though I did play an AD30 combo once at a gig cos my amp crapped out moments before taking the stage and had to use another bands amp. In my opinion it sounded like s**t compared to mine. I've also played a much older 70's era Orange during a recording session and it was AMAZING. Ten thousand times better than my amp, and I love my amp.

The best I can say is try one out! Not all Oranges are created equally (I personally have a hard time taking the Tiny Terror and those little combos seriously). You won't know if it's the right amp for you until you play one. Go to the store, take YOUR guitar (this is key), get the sales guy to set up the same effects you use at home and play it. You'll know pretty quick if it's what you're looking for.
googs
Bonehead

Orange Amps

googs
Bonehead

Orange Amps

Postby boobaloo » 04 Oct 2009, 00:38

i have a black amp :)
boobaloo
R'Kid

Orange Amps

Postby SuperNovaMike » 04 Oct 2009, 01:15

boobaloo wrote:i have a black amp :)

:lol: But what's really weird is that there are some Orange amps that are black :? paradox?
SuperNovaMike
Headshrinker

Orange Amps

Postby Rfender » 04 Oct 2009, 08:59

googs wrote:I own an Orange AD30 and I love it! As you can hear from this clip it sounds wonderful when you push the gain a bit. I play with a lot of effects, mostly delay and reverb...healthy doses of both...and it sounds great. From my experience playing it through different cabs, it all depends on cab/speakers though. you put it through shitty speakers and it sounds like a pile of ass. The best I've had it sound is with the Orange 4x12 cab with Celestion speakers.

Hey , thanks alot for the info and the nice video :)

I already got a 2x12 cab with celestion vintage 30 speakers wich (according to other people) is a great mix with orange amps.
The AD30 will be to expensive for me , the dual terror seems great because it has a decent price and i can use it everywhere perfectly because of the watt switch.
The dual terror will be out around 16 october or something so i will absolutly check it out , still doubting with an jcm 900 on the other hand.
Rfender
Bonehead

Orange Amps

Postby googs » 04 Oct 2009, 17:48

One of these? If you do, I'm extremely jealous!! I played one during a recording session a while back and the thing melted my face off it was so awesome.
googs
Bonehead

Orange Amps

Postby googs » 04 Oct 2009, 17:54

Rfender wrote:
googs wrote:I own an Orange AD30 and I love it! As you can hear from this clip it sounds wonderful when you push the gain a bit. I play with a lot of effects, mostly delay and reverb...healthy doses of both...and it sounds great. From my experience playing it through different cabs, it all depends on cab/speakers though. you put it through shitty speakers and it sounds like a pile of ass. The best I've had it sound is with the Orange 4x12 cab with Celestion speakers.

Hey , thanks alot for the info and the nice video :)

I already got a 2x12 cab with celestion vintage 30 speakers wich (according to other people) is a great mix with orange amps.
The AD30 will be to expensive for me , the dual terror seems great because it has a decent price and i can use it everywhere perfectly because of the watt switch.
The dual terror will be out around 16 october or something so i will absolutly check it out , still doubting with an jcm 900 on the other hand.

Oh yeah, if you've got the cab already the Orange should sound great through it. The jcm 900's are good amps too depending on what you're looking for. I'm biased towards Orange though :d
googs
Bonehead

Orange Amps

Postby boobaloo » 06 Oct 2009, 00:18

SuperNovaMike wrote:

:lol: But what's really weird is that there are some Orange amps that are black :? paradox?

:lol: pretty crazy if you ask me
boobaloo
R'Kid

Next

Return to The Gear