Rfender

Discuss the band's gear

Rfender

Postby SuperNovaMike » 03 Oct 2009, 18:35

What's up man. Did you ever decide what amp to get. You sounded like you were pretty close to getting that Marshall?
SuperNovaMike
Headshrinker

Rfender

Postby Rfender » 03 Oct 2009, 19:22

Yesshhh good question man.
Iam still trying to save up some money but i really dont have a clue wich one to buy.

Iam doubting alot between the jcm 900 4100 ,orange dual terror and the marshall haze.

The advantage of the 4100 is that its the cheapest but it has to be very loud to get a good sound.
The orange and haze are both more expensive , but i think they will be better at lower volumes especially the orange because of the watt switch between 7/15/30.
But again on the other hand the jcm 900 is used by Oasis back in the early years and thats absolutely the sound i wanna get.

Alot of people on dutch guitar forums are slacking of the jcm 900 4100 though , saying its pretty harsh and trebly i had one long time ago for a short period but sold it because i didnt had a band.
Now a mate of my just bought an bass guitar and is also saving up money for buying a big bass amp so we can start a band so thats why i dont wanna buy an amp just for the bedroom.

Live is hard.
Rfender
Bonehead

Rfender

Iam still trying to save up some money but i really dont have a clue wich one to buy.

Iam doubting alot between the jcm 900 4100 ,orange dual terror and the marshall haze.

The advantage of the 4100 is that its the cheapest but it has to be very loud to get a good sound.
The orange and haze are both more expensive , but i think they will be better at lower volumes especially the orange because of the watt switch between 7/15/30.
But again on the other hand the jcm 900 is used by Oasis back in the early years and thats absolutely the sound i wanna get.

Alot of people on dutch guitar forums are slacking of the jcm 900 4100 though , saying its pretty harsh and trebly i had one long time ago for a short period but sold it because i didnt had a band.
Now a mate of my just bought an bass guitar and is also saving up money for buying a big bass amp so we can start a band so thats why i dont wanna buy an amp just for the bedroom.

Live is hard.
Rfender
Bonehead

Rfender

Live is hard.
Rfender
Bonehead

Rfender

Postby SuperNovaMike » 03 Oct 2009, 19:37

Rfender wrote:Yesshhh good question man.

Live is hard.

I've still not heard the Marshall Haze, but I would get the Orange dual terror out of those. Like you said, it is versatile enough to play in a small room but then you can switch the watts and 30 watts will sound well loud through a cab. If you can afford it, I'd get that one.
SuperNovaMike
Headshrinker

Rfender

Postby Rfender » 03 Oct 2009, 19:45

SuperNovaMike wrote:

Live is hard.

I've still not heard the Marshall Haze, but I would get the Orange dual terror out of those. Like you said, it is versatile enough to play in a small room but then you can switch the watts and 30 watts will sound well loud through a cab. If you can afford it, I'd get that one.

Atm i cant afford anything :)

I got time to decide around december my birthday x-mas and all that stuff coming along.
Because i turn 18 then i will get financial support for my college.
So with all that i might be able to get some nice amp :)

The biggest competition is indeed between the orange and the jcm 900. Doubting a alot , whats your thought about the jcm 900? Ever played it loud?
Rfender
Bonehead

Rfender

Postby SuperNovaMike » 03 Oct 2009, 20:08

Rfender wrote:
SuperNovaMike wrote:

Live is hard.

Atm i cant afford anything :)

I got time to decide around december my birthday x-mas and all that stuff coming along.
Because i turn 18 then i will get financial support for my college.
So with all that i might be able to get some nice amp :)

The biggest competition is indeed between the orange and the jcm 900. Doubting a alot , whats your thought about the jcm 900? Ever played it loud?

The JCM 900 sounds amazing loud. But you have to take into consideration the fact that it sounds its best when it's cranked up. (unless you get a Power Brake or something). So if you aren't going to need an amp for playing medium sized to large places, I probably would get the Orange. But, then again, if you just love the sound of the 900, you could get the 900 and power brake or something to get the full effect of the overdriven amp at a volume that won't blow the doors off your house.
SuperNovaMike
Headshrinker

Return to The Gear