Noel does use Gibson '59 Les Paul reissues.

Discuss the band's gear

Postby jordiegallagher » 25 Nov 2009, 08:20

kylef wrote:I told you guys this ages ago, and i got shot down for it...one person of which was jordie.

Has far too much of a flame top to be a 60's, its a Triple AAA top on it. He uses two at these gigs, the one that does Supersonic and the others, bar Gas Panic, which has a capo 3rd and black strap/black straplocks.

Good the truth came out.
no i said he has used 60s before. the first gibson les paul standard he had was an original 60s like i said.
jordiegallagher
Headshrinker

Postby jordiegallagher » 25 Nov 2009, 08:22

kylef wrote:I told you guys this ages ago, and i got shot down for it...one person of which was jordie.

Has far too much of a flame top to be a 60's, its a Triple AAA top on it. He uses two at these gigs, the one that does Supersonic and the others, bar Gas Panic, which has a capo 3rd and black strap/black straplocks.

Good the truth came out.

how can you state that about the finish when, he gets his les pauls with a custom finish from a guy called tom murphy.:?:
jordiegallagher
Headshrinker

Postby SuperNovaMike » 25 Nov 2009, 13:09

Good the truth came out.

I said the same thing.
SuperNovaMike
Headshrinker

Postby wastra » 25 Nov 2009, 17:08

jordiegallagher wrote:

Good the truth came out.

how can you state that about the finish when, he gets his les pauls with a custom finish from a guy called tom murphy.:?:

First off, the "flame" isn't the finish, it's the figuring of the wood used for the top. So Tom Murphy wouldn't replace the entier maple cap on a Gibson for his process anyway. Hence, if it's a AAA flame top, it's a 59 "figure top" or a recent '59 Reissue.

Second, Tom Murphy doesn't even custom "Finish" guitars. he AGES them. He is a former Gibson designer who created the "aging" process that led to the creation of the "reissue" and "historic" lines. He later left and formed his own company that works, under contract with Gibson, to "age" some of their re-issue and "historic" collection guitars. He takes new guitars and makes them look old.
wastra
Bonehead

Postby jordiegallagher » 25 Nov 2009, 17:57

he ages the FINISH of the guitar
jordiegallagher
Headshrinker

Postby SuperNovaMike » 25 Nov 2009, 18:11

jordiegallagher wrote:he ages the FINISH of the guitar

:? isn't that what the wastra guy just said?
SuperNovaMike
Headshrinker

Postby jordiegallagher » 25 Nov 2009, 18:12

read carefully and you find out
jordiegallagher
Headshrinker

Postby kylef » 25 Nov 2009, 19:35

jordie your going round in circles. i would look it out and quote you saying his guitars were definitely not 59's, i said they were.

now your going contradicting yourself saying i cant say the finish of the guitar is a triple AAA top because tom murphy does his les pauls, then saying he only ages them because someone else does?

you might think you know about noels guitar is, but maybe read on the actual guitar and youll get somewhere lawdy.
kylef
Bonehead

Postby kylef » 25 Nov 2009, 19:45

jordiegallagher wrote:
kylef wrote:Some of you people, honestly.

Noel hardly ever plays an SG, hence why i said next we will see him with a Strat. Duh?

Also, Noels Les Paul sundbursts are 1959 AAA Flametop standards.

And why the f**k would he have his replacement for the 355 a Union Jack Sheraton? Good one.

no noels les paul which he has been using since the recordings of standing are 1960 he brought 2 1960s 1 of johnny marr and one from vintage and rare guitars shop
kylef
Bonehead

Postby jordiegallagher » 25 Nov 2009, 20:10

kylef wrote:
jordiegallagher wrote:
kylef wrote:Some of you people, honestly.

Noel hardly ever plays an SG, hence why i said next we will see him with a Strat. Duh?

Also, Noels Les Paul sundbursts are 1959 AAA Flametop standards.

And why the f**k would he have his replacement for the 355 a Union Jack Sheraton? Good one.

no noels les paul which he has been using since the recordings of standing are 1960 he brought 2 1960s 1 of johnny marr and one from vintage and rare guitars shop
it seems i am wrong
i apologise about the 59s
but the information i stated about johnny marrs guitar and vintage and rare guitars is right. he has at least 15 les pauls accoring to gem so.
jordiegallagher
Headshrinker

PreviousNext

Return to The Gear